What do VaporTalk.com and Healthcare.gov have in common?

Finally got on and placed my order. Couldn't for a three hour span there. I have had Sinclair, Commodore and Heath computers. Then I got big time with a 486 processor with 4 megs of RAM and a 60 MEG hard drive. Don't mess with them as much these days Microsoft has put hobbyist out of business. Cheaper to just by an E- Machines box than to try and build one. And you can't really fix one for someone as no one ever does the backup /restore disks and they don't ship them with O.S. disks anymore.

Finally got on and placed my order. Couldn't for a three hour span there. I have had Sinclair, Commodore and Heath computers. Then I got big time with a 486 processor with 4 megs of RAM and a 60 MEG hard drive. Don't mess with them as much these days Microsoft has put hobbyist out of business. Cheaper to just by an E- Machines box than to try and build one. And you can't really fix one for someone as no one ever does the backup /restore disks and they don't ship them with O.S. disks anymore.

Hubby not only built his (5 - 6 years ago) and has kept it upgraded, but built mine and the boys, as well. And it was definitely cheaper than buying one with everything we wanted built in. Face it, if you are looking at a gaming computer, it's cheaper to build it - newegg.com is great for the parts, and the box stores like Best Buy don't even carry pc's suitable for much gaming, at least not last time I looked. Not without upgrading graphics and other stuff.