Mizzou

I know I'm a couple days late on this, but Mizzou's move to the SEC paid off. They didn't get the SEC championship, but they're going to the Cotton Bowl! Okay, I don't follow football that much, but with the Rams being only meh for ten years, can you blame me? Chiefs are doing awesome this season, though.

Yes, I am. Mizzou's doing great. Illini pretty much bit the big one this season again. I do have to say I was shocked that Auburn beat 'Bama, but I don't know much about Auburn, but I'm pretty sure that if 'Bama had gone to the SEC conference game against Mizzou, Mizzou would have lost it anyway.

However, the local pro team, the Rams, have only been "meh" for 10+ years I believe - pretty much ever since they lost the Super Bowl at their last appearance (was that before or after Vermeil left?). KC Chiefs, however, are bringing it this season.

Yeah, and they've only lost three games this season, AND started the season out 9-0 - the first team to do that in HOW LONG? And they're 10-3! They are second in the AFC ONLY to Denver. So don't think just because Denver beat them that they're a trash team.

Yeah, and they've only lost three games this season, AND started the season out 9-0 - the first team to do that in HOW LONG? And they're 10-3! They are second in the AFC ONLY to Denver. So don't think just because Denver beat them that they're a trash team.

Remember it really doesn't matter how they start...it matters how they finish!!! They will be lucky to get a playoff spot..

Don't matter cuz my SAINTS are gonna take it ALL!!

Actually I can......Moms from farms east of Denver, Dad from Algiers (directly across the river from the French Quarter) they split when I was four, and I spent equal time in both places..I thought that sucked but looking back not so much..After living in New Mexico, Arizona, and both ends of California ( SD and SF) during my corporate days.. I settled back in NOLA for a few years. Lots of family there, bought a house in my Dads old hood, Then on a trip back to Denver for a cousins wedding, I met my better half, and then Mom got old and needs help, so moved back to Colorado, now that Mom and most family here are all gone, would really move back in a heartbeat.It's wher I belong....but Karen has the asthma, and hates big bugs, we went a few trips and she hated it..I go home at least twice a year if I can afford it, both cash and work..I am more myself there than anywhere, its hard not living where you want, but i love my girl...SO I have rooted for both teams for more than fifty years. .kinda depends on who's winning, usually neither damn Donkeys and AINTS..but they are both my home teams..and I have the tattoos to prove it!!

Actually I can......Moms from farms east of Denver, Dad from Algiers (directly across the river from the French Quarter) they split when I was four, and I spent equal time in both places..I thought that sucked but looking back not so much..After living in New Mexico, Arizona, and both ends of California ( SD and SF) during my corporate days.. I settled back in NOLA for a few years. Lots of family there, bought a house in my Dads old hood, Then on a trip back to Denver for a cousins wedding, I met my better half, and then Mom got old and needs help, so moved back to Colorado, now that Mom and most family here are all gone, would really move back in a heartbeat.It's wher I belong....but Karen has the asthma, and hates big bugs, we went a few trips and she hated it..I go home at least twice a year if I can afford it, both cash and work..I am more myself there than anywhere, its hard not living where you want, but i love my girl...SO I have rooted for both teams for more than fifty years. .kinda depends on who's winning, usually neither damn Donkeys and AINTS..but they are both my home teams..and I have the tattoos to prove it!!

I kinda know what you mean. Okay, technically, I can root for three pro teams, no, four. But the Bears, I just never liked them, or maybe it was Ditka. Have extended family in Indy, so part of the family is always celebrating the Colts, even some of us who live around here. Can root for the Rams, but hey, ten year slump. Finally starting to improve the last couple years, but it's going to take a few more.....and then once they get up there, they'll lose their quarterback again and it will be another slump. When Bradford went down with his season ending injury, they tried to talk Brett Farve into coming out of retirement - again. The MAJORITY of my extended family (well, okay, not counting the New England family and Louisiana family) on my mom's side lives in central Missouri (mostly Jeff City) and Kansas City, and my SO spent part of his formative years in KC, so when the Chiefs do well, the Chiefs get attention.

I won't talk about the traitorous Cardinals I COULD root for since they USED to be a St. Louis team but it's been, what, 30 years since they moved now?

I wish LA had a team. I dont like the Chargers or the 49'rs and Oakland is well....... its Oakland :D

Be glad the Rams moved. Really, be glad.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, just had to bring this thread back from the dead, because Mizzou won the Cotton Bowl last night! Their first year in the SEC and they win the darned Cotton Bowl!

Second year in the SEC. Last year they won 1 SEC game and Auburn won 0. Then they meet in the SEC Championship game the very next year. It goes to show what a difference one year could make to a team. And, by the way, Mizzous only SEC win last year was against my Vols.

With that said, they are in my teams division so I will never like Mizzou lol. Of course I didnt watch the Cotton bowl I was too busy watching Ohio State get handled by Clemson a day after watching Bama get handled by Oklahoma lol.