Computers

Vaping will not damage your computer at all. Unless as Spydre you dump juice in it. As I said before I had a B&M Computer Store and also selling E-Cigs there. Cigarette smoke will, it is the tar residue that gets inside causing the dust to stick to components. It is impossible to clean. Vaping on the other hand doesn't have any tar residue that can damage the components or act like glue.

I knew about tar. I had to deal with tar as a computer tech, and once got a nasty eye infection when some got near my eye. You can scrape it off with a screw driver, that stuff is so thick. I've had users ask "Is that in my lungs?!"...yep, and much more of it!

The vapor... I was concerned with just how much water is in the air around someone vaping, particularly since it's heavier than air and would head right towards my lap where the laptop is.

It just occurred to me that PG is the same PG that is in computer coolant. Ok, well that solves that question!

Spilling it your laptop probably won't kill it, aside from gumming up the keyboard. Well, for PG e-juice at least. I dont know the conductive properties of VG.

Of course the anti-vape people will insist it will lead to your computer smoking! LoL, see what I did there!

Edited by HelloMiakoda

Not so far that we've been able to tell. I mean, don't spill juice all over your keyboard, you know, take general liquid precautions, but we vape at our computers all the time.

Would you be willing to pop open the side of your PC and see if anything is corroded? Particularly the heatsink fins and board around the cooling system. Also, do you use VG in your vape goo?

Would you be willing to pop open the side of your PC and see if anything is corroded? Particularly the heatsink fins and board around the cooling system. Also, do you use VG in your vape goo?

If you spent time as a computer tech you should be able to answer any of your own questions about this issue.

If you spent time as a computer tech you should be able to answer any of your own questions about this issue.

I've never had a customer who is a vapor, nor have I had my PV long enough to see any affects on my own equipment. I know computers and the common causes of corrosion, not the reactive properties of VG on circuitry. Vaping is not common enough for me to have seen it in the field. Sorry I asked. Edited by HelloMiakoda

Vaping will not damage your computer at all. Unless as Spydre you dump juice in it. As I said before I had a B&M Computer Store and also selling E-Cigs there. Cigarette smoke will, it is the tar residue that gets inside causing the dust to stick to components. It is impossible to clean. Vaping on the other hand doesn't have any tar residue that can damage the components or act like glue.

I didn't know that about the tar and PC's. You'd think I would, as hubby is a compu-genius. But that also explains why the inside of my computer was ALWAYS dirty, and why we went through fans quicker than you would think.

It just occurred to me that PG is the same PG that is in computer coolant. Ok, well that solves that question!

Spilling it your laptop probably won't kill it, aside from gumming up the keyboard. Well, for PG e-juice at least. I dont know the conductive properties of VG.

Of course the anti-vape people will insist it will lead to your computer smoking! LoL, see what I did there!

Well, as it's liquid, it will still screw up your keyboard, same as a soda. Saw a forum post....somewhere, someone spilled most of a bottle of juice on their keyboard, the only thing that still functioned was the num pad, since that wasn't hit by the juice.

I didn't know that about the tar and PC's. You'd think I would, as hubby is a compu-genius. But that also explains why the inside of my computer was ALWAYS dirty, and why we went through fans quicker than you would think.

Well, as it's liquid, it will still screw up your keyboard, same as a soda. Saw a forum post....somewhere, someone spilled most of a bottle of juice on their keyboard, the only thing that still functioned was the num pad, since that wasn't hit by the juice.

I will do damage, but you likely won't loose the whole machine.

Yes, PG has some conductivity, but knowing what a busted liquid cooler causes, it would likely survive a PG spill. Of course, flavorings and nicotine would change it's conductive properties. That all said, I still use a lot of caution with any liquids near computers. I don't use my laptop as a vape filling station.

Cigarette tar is one of the most damaging substances I've had to deal with as a tech. Not so much the initial exposure, it's the build up. It chokes a computer like it chokes a human.

Edited by HelloMiakoda