Okay, more like a Kayfun 3.1 question

Our local B&M added a photo to their website of the EHPro Kayfun 3.1. For around $55. So I looked at the price, and told hubby, it had to be a clone. So I checked today, and sure enough, the "real" Kayfun 3.1 (different brand) runs $175 +.

So I guess basically what I'm wondering, is the EHPro a "quality" clone (hubby says the high quality clones are now called counterfeits, not clones?)? Was thinking about that for Christmas for him, other than the fact that I've got so much other stuff on the list for Christmas for him, except he knows about at least one, and if he doesn't know about the second, he's an idiot, it's just the third he doesn't know about - unless he tries to buy it himself in which case I'll have to tell him he can't.

This is what happens when he REFUSES to give me a Christmas list. He ends up figuring out what I'm getting him every year. Or, like his birthday, I got him a nice charging stand for his Nexus tablet.....but then he got a cover for the tablet that makes it impossible to use the charging stand.

What he said...very quickly before he left....evidently in some circles, one to one copies are now being called "counterfeits" (what we would normally call "clones) because they are high quality. Supposedly, the term clones is now being used to refer to cheaper knock offs that aren't as good. I'm not sure where he's getting this, if it's ECF (he frequents their forum, just doesn't post), or somewhere else.

Cloning is generally referred to in biology where a plant, animal or something living can be cloned to make an exact replica.

Counterfeiting is used when a replica of anything not living for example money, gadgets, clothes, brands can be manufactured to look like the real thing but of less quality.

Hope this clears up the issue.

Yes, I know where the term "clone" comes from, but he's using it, in this sense, as not the quality knock off that we all know as clones, but a crappy knock off, or something like that. Like I said, I don't know where he got the change in terminology, because at the time he got the Nemesis, he said he got a clone.

Cloning is generally referred to in biology where a plant, animal or something living can be cloned to make an exact replica.

Counterfeiting is used when a replica of anything not living for example money, gadgets, clothes, brands can be manufactured to look like the real thing but of less quality.

Hope this clears up the issue.

The term "clone" is used in biology, computing, telecommunications, entertainment and mathematics.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines