Dragon's Crown by ECBlends

Tam

Almost a week and still completely unvapable. The first few vapes taste great, but after those initial puffs it tastes like chemicals and burnt rubber. I have never tasted something so horrid. I hope it becomes vapable in a few weeks, or I won't be ordering from them again. After asking around, people are telling me that it will never get better, only worse, and that they have been selling horrible juice for years. I sure hope they are wrong.

Well I have tried 9 flavors from EC Blends, and only one I didn't like, but as it sits it gets better. Whoever you're talking to is blowing smoke you know where!! I am not a "dragon" fan, creme ain't my thing, but so many good recs from folks I trust.....ya you car dealer..and Ms Tam...

Yes, I trust them as well, and with all the rave reviews I couldn't resist ordering. :)

I'm a cream fan, and dessert vapes are my #1 at the moment. :D

It's not that I don't like them. The flavor is excellent and the smell is out of this world, but after a few vapes it goes all wrong. None of my other juices do that. I am dumbfounded.

Yeah I love Midnite. They are some bless Ras, real cool people.

I am using an RSST with a 28g 0.8ohm twisted micro coil with cotton wick. I end up emptying out the tank and refilling it with different juice and it tastes just fine. Only the EC Blends get that taste. :/

I will try some in a different tank just to see if it could be my setup not meshing well with their juice, but I am quite fond of this current setup, as the flavor and vapor production are the best I have had thus far.

It vapes just fine out of my iClear30 with the X6 VV @3.6v. I wonder why it isn't tasting well on the mech mods.....

The Dragon's Choice is nice. Is it Blueberry, or Banana? I don't know, but it's CREAMY. :D

Still real bummed that I can't take a lung full. It's hard going back to these wispy mouth draws. :/

It vapes just fine out of my iClear30 with the X6 VV @3.6v. I wonder why it isn't tasting well on the mech mods.....

The Dragon's Choice is nice. Is it Blueberry, or Banana? I don't know, but it's CREAMY. :D

Still real bummed that I can't take a lung full. It's hard going back to these wispy mouth draws. :/

For me FLaN is one that only tastes great by direct dripping. All tanks I've used -- KPT, KPT2, Davide mini, Vision Victory... the list is very long -- and the juice tastes horrible. To me. Sometimes juices seem to have a mind of their own and will taste vile from one delivery system and drool inducing in another. Go figure. :)

As for wispy mouth draws...have you tried any of the bottom feeders like the Pro Tank 2 or a Davide/mini? Just a thought. :)

Edited by Tameiki

It must have to do with either the brand of flavoring or the quality of the base PG/VG. Certain kinds must not mesh well with higher temps. EC seems to have their flavor combinations spot on, but maybe they are using lower grade, which allows them to offer the low prices.

All I know is that it tastes wonderful. I just wish I could fill my lungs and blow a cloud with this stuff. May need to drill out my KPT air holes for a looser draw.

I should have said that as well. ;)

Thank you AquaTroy for your guidance in this sensitive matter. I was about to go hulk and bust down walls.

You guys ROCK! :)

I only try, I was taught by a master, and she takes al the credit... I've been haunted recently by the same issues, and finding old school sometimes works best.. Another agreement, and can't figure out why? But that gal darn davide mini tastes better than any other appliance I have ever tried, even the KTP mini, maybe cuz it's a pain to fill, the vapor is good, but flavor is phenomenal and I just keep dialing back the power and enjoying the flavor....as far as ECs ingredients, the best, but they do use a synthetic nic that is different that most, or what I've been told, and maybe it doesn't like power. IMHO YMMV AND HOO DAT,

I rebuilt my Cobra RBA with a 2.6ohm micro coil, and put it on my eVic. I am now able to still achieve the lung inhales while keeping the flavor of the KPT and producing much more vapor. I shall now fill my tank up and test out these flavors. The FLAN tastes good, but I wish it had more coconut. Maybe it will come out with steeping.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, for search feature, I found the freaking thread! And I thought I was following it, and evidently wasn't, so that's why I couldn't find a "notification" in my list. GAH.

For me FLaN is one that only tastes great by direct dripping. All tanks I've used -- KPT, KPT2, Davide mini, Vision Victory... the list is very long -- and the juice tastes horrible. To me. Sometimes juices seem to have a mind of their own and will taste vile from one delivery system and drool inducing in another. Go figure. :)

As for wispy mouth draws...have you tried any of the bottom feeders like the Pro Tank 2 or a Davide/mini? Just a thought. :)

Okay, that brings me to a question, Tam. All these EC Blends flavors that I have steeping. I guess once I hit around the one month mark on steeping, if I feel like they aren't where I would want them to be when direct drip them, should I try them out of a tank then, just to be sure?

I only try, I was taught by a master, and she takes al the credit... I've been haunted recently by the same issues, and finding old school sometimes works best.. Another agreement, and can't figure out why? But that gal darn davide mini tastes better than any other appliance I have ever tried, even the KTP mini, maybe cuz it's a pain to fill, the vapor is good, but flavor is phenomenal and I just keep dialing back the power and enjoying the flavor....as far as ECs ingredients, the best, but they do use a synthetic nic that is different that most, or what I've been told, and maybe it doesn't like power. IMHO YMMV AND HOO DAT,

Man, you're making me wonder if I should go back to my plan to replace all my evods with mini-Davides (despite the PITA to fill) or out and out full sized KPT2s even. HOWEVER, if I do either one of those, drip tips will have to be purchased as well, to keep track of what's where.

Okay, that brings me to a question, Tam. All these EC Blends flavors that I have steeping. I guess once I hit around the one month mark on steeping, if I feel like they aren't where I would want them to be when direct drip them, should I try them out of a tank then, just to be sure?

What I've found in all the time I've been vaping is that different delivery systems make juices taste differently. Some taste better in a tank, others taste better direct dripping. The differences can be slight or it can be drastic. Even the ohm levels of the coils can make a difference.

To me.

What works for you may be entirely different. Only you can say which is what you like. :)

I find the Dragon Series to be very palatable right out of the box but only gets better with time. Flavor is great without steeping, but the creaminess really comes out at about the 2-3 week mark.

Okay, could you try describing it to me? Okay, granted, a 5ml sample bottle is $2.50 + shipping, but it's Christmas season, and some things that I THOUGHT I would like, you know, like sweet, fruit types, I didn't (but I did like the Pina Colada sample at Better Vapes, I just couldn't come up with an excuse to buy it - okay, I could come up with a reason to buy it, but it would be one of those vaped only occasionally, and I have enough of those, I was afraid it was going to be one I liked in the store, but wouldn't like when I got it home).

Okay, could you try describing it to me? Okay, granted, a 5ml sample bottle is $2.50 + shipping, but it's Christmas season, and some things that I THOUGHT I would like, you know, like sweet, fruit types, I didn't (but I did like the Pina Colada sample at Better Vapes, I just couldn't come up with an excuse to buy it - okay, I could come up with a reason to buy it, but it would be one of those vaped only occasionally, and I have enough of those, I was afraid it was going to be one I liked in the store, but wouldn't like when I got it home).

I have never had Dragons Crown but the Dragons Tear I like would best be described as a very sweet dragonfruit-strawberry mix with a creamy finish that enhances the longer you steep. Mine is almost too creamy at this point. I put the lid back on after a month to hopefully stifle it from steeping any more.

I have never had Dragons Crown but the Dragons Tear I like would best be described as a very sweet dragonfruit-strawberry mix with a creamy finish that enhances the longer you steep. Mine is almost too creamy at this point. I put the lid back on after a month to hopefully stifle it from steeping any more.

So um, since my Shop N Save doesn't carry Dragon Fruit, I've never tried it. What does dragon fruit taste like?

Okay, I have a preliminary order ready to submit to EC Blends next time I can order from them (probably not until next month, need all my vaping money on existing juices this month, probably), with a couple of the dragon series juices.

I swear, I should not get on juice websites.....especially places that have EXCEPTIONAL sample things like EC - I have a preliminary order sitting there of 7 samples, I have 6 in my medicine/steeping cabinet steeping that I don't know if they are going to suit me, or if I'm going to like them or what, plus I added like, SIX more flavors to my list of flavors to try out.

I know this particular post is going a bit OT, but since I'm hypothesizing that MAYBE my chocolate block may be flavor/manufacturer dependent, I'm going to dive in and try a chocolate from EC Blends - probably chocolate coconut (mounds). Have another question about a flavor I've been looking for well, for months, in another post.

NOTE: By the phrase "next month", I ACTUALLY mean January, as now that Thanksgiving's already over, my mind is treating this as December already and I just haven't gotten paid.

Edited by spydre

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines