KPT 2 question

The first KPT 2 I got from Sweet-Vapes a couple months ago came disassembled in the box with no ego collar. The two I got in today from Brian @ Veteran not only were fully assembled in the box, they also had had the EGO collar and two rubber o-rings I assume are replacements for the drip tip. I cannot find anywhere else this size would fit.

What's the deal, did Kanger change the way the KPT 2 is packaged and it's contents?

Edited by bcartervol98

Good Lawdd I cannot believe your one-sidedness....kidding (that was entertaining though)

My first was the same as yours from sweet vapes and the second I got from DV had all the stuff you got with your second. They definately changed it up.

I'm not sure what the spare o-rings are for though...they don't fit the drip tip I got.

Sad to say this, but the vendor you purchased the KPT2 from swiped the collar. There are many who take out the collars and sell them separately. Kanger has nothing to do with it.

This is a little off topic, but have you seen the new stainless steel replacement tank for the KPT2? I just saw it on e-bay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Tank-Kanger-Pro-tank-2-/111180898682 . Just thought I would throw it out there for you all to see.

Pretty neat, but the O-rings work very well on the glass for me, and I can see how much juice is left in the tank, whereas with the steel tank you can't.

Sad to say this, but the vendor you purchased the KPT2 from swiped the collar. There are many who take out the collars and sell them separately. Kanger has nothing to do with it.

I do not believe this. First it was a completely sealed box and the plastic inlay the parts went in was completely different as well. It was within a couple days of its release. Secondly I really do not believe Chuck and Dayna at Sweet-Vapes would manufacture and fabricate special boxes to sell a $2.50 collar.

Hmm, well in that case I am stumped. I only figured because my friend who owns a vape shop told me that many of the places do that with the KPT2's.

I think they HAVE switched things up. I mean, when I got my first Pro-Tank 2s, pretty sure they were assembled, I can't remember about the beauty ring as I never even bothered using the Davide's beauty ring, but there were no extra o rings. Same thing when I bought the two original mini pro tanks at the beginning of the month. But when I bought the mini pro tank 2 the next day, sure enough, it came with two extra o-rings - and I never thought about those rings being for the drip tip, as they are the same size as the rings that go around the base of the mini.

The first batch of kpt2's thAt we're released we're released without the ego ring. Then a huge cry went out about them so manger decided to put those back in the packages along with the replacement o-rings for the drip tips. Our co-op waited for the second set of kpt2's to release because people wanted the ego rings. So you just got two different rounds is all Brian. :)

Yep our current batch, with the Kanger seal and shrink wrapped, does not have the ring, and that's stupid cuz you need the ring for ego batts...

Hey! Did you swipe the collar from my KPT2, Troy?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Yep our current batch, with the Kanger seal and shrink wrapped, does not have the ring, and that's stupid cuz you need the ring for ego batts...

No, Troy, actually,, you don't. Currently using mine on an ego battery. It is a beaty ring, just like with the Davides. Egos take both ego and 510.

Sorry spy, but you do. Not for the beauty, but you can chinch that ring up against the bottom to restrict the airflow, or bring it down to allow a bigger airflow, and control your vape, all the issues about KPTs being to airy can be solved with this practice ....IMO YMMV GFYS AHAND

Sorry spy, but you do. Not for the beauty, but you can chinch that ring up against the bottom to restrict the airflow, or bring it down to allow a bigger airflow, and control your vape, all the issues about KPTs being to airy can be solved with this practice ....IMO YMMV GFYS AHAND

Wow, people find the KPT too airy? They would really hate the Davides, then. Or maybe that's why I'm finding the Davide more airy. It was explained to me as JUST a beauty ring. Does it work that way with the Davides as well? I don't think I have used the ring since a week after I bought it.

Wow, people find the KPT too airy? They would really hate the Davides, then. Or maybe that's why I'm finding the Davide more airy. It was explained to me as JUST a beauty ring. Does it work that way with the Davides as well? I don't think I have used the ring since a week after I bought it.

Give it a try. I wouldn't use a protank on a stick batt without one....I was just given a davide mini as a gift, from an awesome lady.... I wil give a go tomorrow ...after I get back from cloud 9!

That's why I quit using my KPT, it was waaay to airy for me. It felt like I was sucking air. With the collar it helped but not enough for me to keep using it. I bought a collar specifically made to restrict the air flow and that worked better. This is also why I prefer the KPT2 because I can restrict the airflow by changing the drip tip. On my Davide mini I put a tiny piece of tape over one hole.

Give it a try. I wouldn't use a protank on a stick batt without one....I was just given a davide mini as a gift, from an awesome lady.... I wil give a go tomorrow ...after I get back from cloud 9!

Why wouldn't you use one on a stick without one? I'm just wondering because, like I said, none of ine came with one, just the Davide, and I haven't had any issues since I've back on the stick for a week.