Looking to Upgrade SUGGESTIONS!

Hey all I've been vaping with my ego c twist for a few weeks now and feel its time to move up. I'm doing a lot of research but am trying to find out what my next step should be, and which unit people would feel is appropriate. I'd also like a unit that would be able to work with my kanger pro tank 2 because I don't want to replace it if unnecessary. Open to all suggestions and price isn't my biggest concern although I am not trying to break the bank.

Well, okay, as you probably saw in the other thread, I prefer the Sigeli Zmax, but there are a lot of good options out there. I think the MVP is good, and the Vamo, and the Vmax(?) I think. One thing I recommend, go the website - it's tasteyourjuice.com. It's Phil Busardo's website where he reviews just about EVERYTHING. He personally uses a Provari (okay, that might break the bank, it's top of the line, and I think over $200) and a telescoping Sigeli Zmax, at least when he's reviewing tanks. (Hubby has a mini Provari, and that was expensive enough - and it only fits 510 threaded, not eGo threading without an adapter). His reviews were invaluable to me when I was torn between a couple models, that, and doing searches for reviews. I HATE recommending ECF's forums for anything, because I didn't like it there, but certain posters go really in depth with their reviews - and if there are two similar products, (like the Smoketek Zmax and the Sigeli Zmax), inevitably, someone is going to compare them. I went with the Sigeli not only because Busardi said it was nice and sturdy, but on the ECF review, someone mentioned that on their Smoketek, they knocked it over from a standing position on their desk to lying down on their desk - so not much of an impact at all, and something I've done numerous times. Well, it broke his screen on the Smoketek. I'm a bit of a klutz, and I had already dropped my eGos multiple times by the time I even started looking for my APV. I've had my Sigeli completely roll off my desk and hit the floor and be fine. So you also want to look for sturdiness/durability.

When I got my Vamo V3 I stopped looking. I entertained for a second getting a backup mod but realized this one does everything I want it to. If it broke tomorrow, I would order another one. Simple to use, rock solid construction. Overall a great unit and only in the $50 range for the unit itself, can get the unit, a NiteCore 2 bay charger and 4 18650s for around $100.

Now that I have experienced VW you couldn't give me a Provari which is VV only.

When I got my Vamo V3 I stopped looking. I entertained for a second getting a backup mod but realized this one does everything I want it to. If it broke tomorrow, I would order another one. Simple to use, rock solid construction. Overall a great unit and only in the $50 range for the unit itself, can get the unit, a NiteCore 2 bay charger and 4 18650s for around $100.

Now that I have experienced VW you couldn't give me a Provari which is VV only.

Nitecore is intellicharger, right? That's what I went with, except I went with a four bay, because hubby was disappointed in his much cheaper charger, and having issues with it, so I knew he would be using mine. I only got 3 of the batteries, but at the very most I go through right now are 2 a day.

You just want to make sure it's a good battery brand, and that it's one that has overcharge protection.

If your looking into variable voltage and variable wattage the Sigelei Zmax is pretty awesome and will not break the bank. I dont have the Innokin MVP V2 but from what I read its a solid unit that can do everything that the Zmax can.

If your possibly looking to get into mechanical mods, possibly with a "Kick" (small device that fits into some mechanical mods that makes it into a variable wattage device) and want to toy with eventually rebuilding attomizers, then you might turn towards a clone of some type if you dont want to break the bank. Many clone mods are in the $30-$75 range. Mechanical mod clones that come to mind is the EHPro Electrical Angel mod (great review and one that I use daily), or the new Nemesis clone (I just ordered from Fastech), or the KTS telescopic storm, or even possibly something like the Silver Bullet which is a very solid and time proven mod that takes a kick. Please do keep in mind that there are a couple accessories that you would need if you go this route (batteries and a charger).

Good luck. I'm sure you will find something that suits your needs. Never feel shy to ask questions because everyone here does an awesome job at helping. Take that from someone that still a newb and learning every day.

edit: If you do get into a mechanical mod please read up on how to use them properly.

Edited by dragongunner

When leaving my e-go twist in August I got a Vamo V3 for 50 and love it. I use it at work everyday. But I also bought an Innokin SVD and it is my absolute favorite right now. I use it at home, out with the kids, at parties, ect... That one was 60. Both are easy to use and very durable. I just like the wieght of my SVD better.

• 3 weeks later...

I used my Ego-C Twist for about a month, then I moved over to a SS Nemesis Clone with a Genesis Tank. I've been vaping on that for about a week now. And I absolutely love it.

Since I got the nemesis I haven't picked up my Ego-C Twist [650mah] except for once when I wrapped it in carbon fiber

And now I cant wait to get my brass Nemesis in the mail xD