Questions regarding coils and tanks

Good afternoon everyone!

My Ec blends juices are coming today so be ready for a review! I do have some questions regarding coils and tanks.

Currently I have 2 kanger T3s tanks, a Tabac BCC tank, and 3 Kanger Esmart Clearomizer tanks (those are going to be my test tanks). I am now looking at getting coils for these as from reading here I understand the coils wear out (can they be cleaned? Saw a lot of youtube but still unsure) Looking at Discount Vapes and vapehut I see the coils for these BCC units but am unsure as to if they will work with both the Kanger and the Tabacc. Can you please steer me straight on these? Also how many should I have as backups? And how many backup tanks? My spinner comes in today too! I am pretty stoked!

Okay, as I've never used those tanks, I can't comment on WHICH coils to get for those particular tanks - I don't know if the Pro Tank coils (which work for the pro tanks and the evods and the davides) will work on what you have. Yes, you can clean coils, although sometimes a vodka or everclear soak may be required to get some flavors out of the wicks, and some flavors you won't be able to get out the wicks. The coils DO wear out, though. And it's a crap shoot on how long it takes. Sometimes, the first coil that comes in a tank is a dud (I had one that lasted oh, about through the first 1/2 tank, and then died on an evod - the original coil. And I had a coil on a Davide that lasted a week - with some tanks you can just automatically pitch the first coil that comes with it, with experience with buying that type of tank new.) I always keep between 1 and 2 5 packs of coils on hand, because I have 10 tanks. Plus, lately, I've been switching flavors a lot (or accidentally topping off one tank with the wrong flavor), so I go through cleaning out tanks frequently. So what I do, rather than having to do a burn to dry the wick out, is pop a new coil in, and let the rinsed out wick dry on it's own.

As for tanks, I TRY to keep a tank for every flavor I regularly vape, and had a couple for going through sample bottles that you get with online orders. Except, if you've seen my posts, I had seizures a couple weeks ago, and it scrambled some sort of processors in my brain, and some things don't taste right, or what have you, another member on the board has the issue, too. So I've bought new flavors to use, and rotated some out of sample status that I liked, but wasn't going to purchase, to regular rotation vapes. But so right now, I have 10 tanks....and 14 or 15 flavors or so. I think I'm going to give it about a month and see if anything more starts coming back.

spydre,

thank you for the reply! I am still beginning here so still trying to find what I like (hence the test tanks) I have absinthe, expresso, whiskey and brandy coming today to test and the new spinner. I then have to learn how to use that as well :thumbup: I also have some french vanilla and rasberry from greenman coming too. So I will probably asking a lot of questions on my path. Good to see you are doing better and will light a candle for you

When I get below 20 coils on hand I feel the need to order more. I also double alcohol soak and rinse-dry those I replace and get more use out of them that way. Everything I have use either T3S or KPT coils so they are only about a buck apiece in 5 packs.

Edited by bcartervol98

bcartervol98,

I just ordered 10 1.8 ohm coils for my t3s's so I have them. I have started washing my old coils and then soaking in vodka to make sure they last a bit. Will 1.8 be ok with the new spinner? I am looking to pull more flavor out of my puffs.

bcartervol98,

I just ordered 10 1.8 ohm coils for my t3s's so I have them. I have started washing my old coils and then soaking in vodka to make sure they last a bit. Will 1.8 be ok with the new spinner? I am looking to pull more flavor out of my puffs.

1.8 is fine but I would keep it around 3.5-3.8v, just for me. I used 2.2ohms until I got my Vamo and now I mostly use 1.8s but occasionally 2.2 and even 2.5 with some flavors.

bcartervol98,

Thank you for the reply! Interesting I am finding so far I am getting more flavor at about midway to 4.3 to 4.3. Could it be because tastebuds are still reapiring?

Anything over 4.0 with 1.8ohm tastes burned to me, but all tastes are different. I now vape at 6.5w on my Vamo and it stays set at that no matter the flavor. At 6.5w and 1.8ohms that equals roughly 3.5v.

AH ok my spinner is just variable voltage, so working from bottom dial. Dont think I am ready to go both vw and vv! I may keep it high for awhile till I adjust. Do you think I should get some higher ohm coils?

AH ok my spinner is just variable voltage, so working from bottom dial. Dont think I am ready to go both vw and vv! I may keep it high for awhile till I adjust. Do you think I should get some higher ohm coils?

Well you do not go VV and VW you choose which you like. The thing I like about VW is once I set it, it automatically adjusts the voltage by reading the resistance to keep the same vape all the time.

As far as higher ohm coils, that is up to you. I personally cannot stand the taste at above 4-4.2v even with higher ohm coils. It is all subject to individual tastes. Thing is, the lower ohm coils will burn out faster than higher ohm coils at higher voltage levels. There is a chart somewhere on the forum, I tried to find it but cant right now. It shows suggested voltage settings by resistance and the lever where you hit the "burning out a coil danger zone". I mainly vape sweeter flavors now like Unicorn Blood, Endless Summer, Gummy Blood, OrangeZilla, Dragons Tear etc... Above 3.7v or above 6.5w at 1.8ohms I get an immediate burned taste. But that's me, and everyone is different. When I used Vision Spinners exclusively, and still to at times, I never went above 3.8v except occasionally with a mint or tobacco flavor. I rarely vape either of those anymore. I still like the mints but burned myself out on them. They will be back in the rotation eventually though.

If anyone knows where the chart is and wants to post the link I think it would help. Keep in mind the settings on the chart are pretty conservative.

I like 2.2s on VV batts. 1.8s on regular ego batts..

I can see this. Standard Ego batteries run from 3.5-3.7 right?

After I posted what I did, I realized I had a 2.5ohm in one tank (Gummy Blood) and I kicked it up to 7w, then 7.5w and WOW.

Now with some flavors I use higher resistance at a higher wattage. At 2.4ohms and above I usually hit 7w which converts to roughly 4v.

I generally stick with 2.2 - 2.5 (which can actually range up to 2.8), and so I run, usually, at 7 watts, depending on how the juice is reacting, and lately, how my mouth is reacting to the flavor.

Here it is

You know, that is the EXACT same chart that I mentioned on here about a month ago, and someone told me that chart was too conservative. The only difference is it's different colors, lol.

I can see this. Standard Ego batteries run from 3.5-3.7 right?

After I posted what I did, I realized I had a 2.5ohm in one tank (Gummy Blood) and I kicked it up to 7w, then 7.5w and WOW.

eGo and traditional basic starter kit batteries are 3.5 I believe. 7.5 you say? Maybe I should try my 618 at 7.5, the past few days it's tasted off to me, enough that I cleaned out the tank today, cleaned the coil/wick and let it air dry before I filled it again.

Note: Nope, didn't work, it just isn't working well for me these couple days. Maybe I'll take a hit off hubby's, see if I can get taste for it back.