We'll it's time

We'll guys and gals it's time to get me a good mod and tank. I haven't really done much research on them lol. So many out there to chose from vv or vw. So I'm not sure which to get. I'm looking to spend around 100 for the mod for now and 100 for the tank as we'll. I'll go a little more if I have to. Please leave me links to all of these so I can chose from and give honest reviews about them as we'll.

The one I settled on was a Sigeli Zmax, V3 (telescoping) (just under $80 at Discount Vapers). Both VV and VW options on there, the bells and whistles I want, and it's easy enough to use - except, well, I don't know about other vendors, when I got mine from Discount Vapers (and I've heard this about people getting it from other places too), there is no instruction manual - just the box. The instructions are pretty much on the item description on how to go through the different functions. Hubby has the Provari mini, but that is above your $100 limit. And it doesn't have VW.

I've discovered I like VW a bit better, since when you change coils, or change tanks, you don't have go adjusting for the resistance of the new coil, it's just automatically figured. If you do variable voltage, you'll want to (at least I did) adjust your voltage in a certain range depending on the resistance so you don't burn your juice, or worse, and make sure you aren't too cool. Setting the power eliminates the need for that, generally.

Found the sigelei vmax brand new with charger, and 2 batterys in Ebay. Seller was asking 90 but they had make an offer on there and I got the kit for $80 plus $3 for shipping. It's a real nice, solid device.

I spend a lot of time scouring the web for devices. I recently spent a lot of time (because I want another device) deciding whether or not I want variable wattage or variable voltage or both. The pro's and con's of each and what would best fit my vaping style. I know first hand that my Zmax V3 (vv &vw) although a great device (under $100) just doesn't hit as hard as my full on mechanical mod Electric Angel clone (around $75) with a kick (small device that adds vw / regulates the mech mod under $50). So the decision is easy for me personally. I prefer a mechanical device with a kick.

Keeping all that in mind I just bought a Silver Bullet ($85) with a kick ring ($25) and a couple of extra batteries ($19 ea) and the new kick 2 ($45ish). From reviews I've read the Silver Bullet is extremely durable (great for adventurous work in Iraq) and time proven. It is a mechanical mod, but with an electric switch (someone will probable correct how I put that).

So all I'm saying is try to decide what best suits your needs. Are you going to be far from a power source if your battery device dies (what size battery will you want), what kind of spare parts might you need, do you just want something simple thats basically plug and play (vision spinner with vv, great device by the way), or are you willing to learn the ins and outs of having a mechanical mod etc (as there is a slight learning curve) or a device that has both vv and vw (little leaning curve as well). My best advice apart from listening to me rant on is to take time and figure out what will suit your particular needs and spend some quality time on youtube reviewing.

A couple of sites I frequented are:

http://www.vaportekusa.com/

http://www.vaporlabsonline.com/Vaporizers_c_20.html

http://www.e-savuke.com/en/ecig_mods.htm

Happy hunting and good luck Mrwaylon. :yes

edit: I forgot all about tanks. Personally all I basically use is a Kanger Protank 2 and Viva Nova's. I do have one genesis rsst (RBA) but still mostly play with it to learn more about it. Both the kanger and nova perform great for me so I dont personally dont feel the desire to buy very expensive, top notch rebuildables (I rebuild the kanger's and nova's (both are well under $50).

Edited by dragongunner

I use mainly pro-tank 2 as well. I had intended to upgrade my evods to the pro-tanks, keep the evods for samples.....but then, well, I hadn't gotten through the samples yet, and then the seizure happened, and nothing was tasting right and then I got even more flavors, and well, I'm all out of tanks.

But, I'm hoping that I can replace the Evods with mini pro tank 2's by or for Christmas, and then the Evods will truly be for just samples.

Truthfully, I have no control over myself when it comes to buying stuff I want....that's one reason, other than my slipping mind, I put my husband in charge of paying bills/keeping track of the bank account years ago - I used to deal with money. And we got better at handling money since we've been dirt poor than we ever were when we were middle class.

Hey all after doing more research on the vv/vw I understand it more now. I'm wanting a mod that has vv and vw together. But I want the mod to be able to tell me battery life and what ohms my coils are at plus I guess I want a some what big battery one that would at least last two days with out charging.So far I've been doing research on the following mods tell me the pros and cons of them if you have owned them The smoktec rev 2 Innokin svd Vamo So far these are the three I've been looking at if you have any other ones in mind please tell me and I'll check them out. Edit: and can you please give me some good sites that would sell the mods/starter kits for them. Some of the sites I looked up if didn't care to much for

Edited by Mrwaylon

Hey all after doing more research on the vv/vw I understand it more now. I'm wanting a mod that has vv and vw together. But I want the mod to be able to tell me battery life and what ohms my coils are at plus I guess I want a some what big battery one that would at least last two days with out charging.So far I've been doing research on the following mods tell me the pros and cons of them if you have owned themThe smoktec rev 2Innokin svdVamo So far these are the three I've been looking at if you have any other ones in mind please tell me and I'll check them out.Edit: and can you please give me some good sites that would sell the mods/starter kits for them. Some of the sites I looked up if didn't care to much for
I would look at the Itaste MVP 2.0 or the new Itaste VTR, , I have the MVP 2.0 and it has all the features you are wanting including a built in 2600 MAH BATTERY THAT SHOULD EASILY LAST YOU 2-3 days , the only thing I've noticed about the mod is the fire button is pretty stiff, which can be a good thing because you will definitely never have to worry about it accidentally engaging while in your pocket or something like that, I also have the Tesla mod which a nice mod as we'll with all the features your looking for, as far as tanks I use a Kanger Protank 2 most of the time and a Protank mini, not sure how to post links but these are fairly popular items and a search in the internet should pop up a more than a handful of resources, one of the online stores I like to use is ..... Sun Vapers.com their shipping and handling time is very fast and their prices are fair as well, placed an order late Friday night and had my goodies Wednesday and I always opt for the cheapest shipping option which is also free if your order is over 50.00 I think, good luck with your quest hope this helps Edited by Rcam1977

We'll guys and gals it's time to get me a good mod and tank. I haven't really done much research on them lol. So many out there to chose from vv or vw. So I'm not sure which to get. I'm looking to spend around 100 for the mod for now and 100 for the tank as we'll. I'll go a little more if I have to. Please leave me links to all of these so I can chose from and give honest reviews about them as we'll.

Like you VT member I am on a quest for a mod and unsure what to get, i'm using an ego c twist with 2.2 ohms and a kanger pro tank 2. I just want something that'll be stronger and longer life.

I still can't find any thing that can beat this for the money: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004394/1395801-vamo-v3-5-in-1-variable-voltage-mod-e-cigarette

Still loving my Vamo V3! I'm still a newbie and the V3 is the first and only mod I have. I have been using it non stop with no issues. My advice is to spend the few extra bucks and get the stainless version with the good charger/batteries(see link above). Also another vote for the Kanger pro tank. I'm still playing with different tanks though...

I still suggest the Sigeli Zmax. It has all the features you want, and it's really sturdy (trust me, I've dropped it a few times). I went with the Sigeli model over the Smoketech model because from a couple of comments I read over on the ECF forums, the Smoketek model is a bit more fragile - like knocking it over on someone's desk from a standing position to on it's side broke one guy's screen. The reason I recommend v3 is it's telescoping, so you don't have to get a different end cap to use the larger 18650 batteries (what I use). It unscrews so the tube is longer.

Edit: Sorry, I just remembered this resource when I was responding to another post. Go to tasteyourjuice.com. It's Phil Busardi's website where he reviews practically everything. AVP's, I think even starter PV's, tanks, etc. He also has recommendations for, I think, starting set ups, but your personal tastes would affect those choices.

I found those reviews invaluable, especially when I was torn between a few models. Also, google reviews on the products you are looking at. ECF forums generally have pretty good reviews on their site, although I'm not always fond of their community, and a lot of times in the thread discussing it, they bring out a lot of detail you might not always get other wise.

But finally, you want to go with one that's durable/sturdy enough that you won't have to replace it if you drop it (I'm a klutz, so that was one of my biggest concerns).

Edited by spydre

This was my starter kit, and hopefully my ending kit:

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/eGo-eCig-VV-Spinner-Starter-Kit.html

Ordered with 2 Evods, and it has served me just fine from the git go. Both batts are still going.

I don't need any bells and whistles as I don't intend on making a career of vaping. I have bought some 510 batts and cartomizers, (as I thought something small might be cute) and a back up batt, coils, etc., but this should take me to a total quit. But if not, I would probably re order the same thing.

BTW, on gear and juice, I have spent $205 to date, and should be good for another month..........making money now.

Edited by kerk