Gurgley Leaky Juice?

Havamal

Ok... This is kind of odd, so I thought I would see if anyone else has encountered this:

I have melon juice that is 70/30 and after vaping it for a little bit it started to gurgle, sputter and leak onto the battery contact... I first thought it was a bad coil or O-ring in the clearo but after I replaced them it started doing it again. At this point I thought maybe it was just a defective clearo, so I filled a new clearo and guess what... it started do it again! I put a different 70/30 juice in the first clearo and have not had a problem...

Is it possible that it is something with the juice that is causing the issue? :wtf:

I doubt this is it... but could one possibly be '70 VG and 30 PG'... and the other '70 PG and 30 VG'?? One is obviously thinner than the other... therefore leaking more easily. By the way... what exactly are you using here? What type of 'clearo' is it? That might help narrow the problem down. Otherwise, these tank type devices are really touchy when it comes to that type of thing if the proper airflow coming in isn't right... causing more liquid to be pulled in then what is needed. This can be caused by how it was assembled in the factory or even how it fits on the device you are using. There are several things that need to be right before the perfect amount of juice is being drawn in.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Great advice from DayVape. I have had some liquids that gunk up the wicks a lot quicker than others but I have liquids ranging from 100%PG to 65vg 35pg and everywhere between and never has one leaked when another has not. That,s just weird to me.

One thing I have found with all my Davides and KPTs is the coils that come with them are garbage, and I throw all 3 in a box labeled "Emergency equipment" and get a new KPT coil and never have had one leak.

Edited by bcartervol98

I'm using a Vision Spinner and a T3S... unless the juice is mislabeled it is 70pg/30vg...

Are you making absolute sure you are not getting any liquid in the shaft during filling? When I fill my T3S, Davide Minis, or KPT2 I always take enough cotton off a Qtip to get through the drip tip and block the hole before filling, then swab it out again after filling. I also blow out the coil each time, blowing on the base to get any excess liquid out of the coil.

I am not there, but would almost bet this is what is happening. It happened to me when I switched to BCCs. I didnt think I was getting liquid in there, but when I started using AquaTroys technique I realized every time the Qtip was soaked and that I was indeed getting liquid into the shaft the coil goes into.

Are you making absolute sure you are not getting any liquid in the shaft during filling? When I fill my T3S, Davide Minis, or KPT2 I always take enough cotton off a Qtip to get through the drip tip and block the hole before filling, then swab it out again after filling. I also blow out the coil each time, blowing on the base to get any excess liquid out of the coil.

I am not there, but would almost bet this is what is happening. It happened to me when I switched to BCCs. I didnt think I was getting liquid in there, but when I started using AquaTroys technique I realized every time the Qtip was soaked and that I was indeed getting liquid into the shaft the coil goes into.

I have 5 of the T3S's and I know what you mean about getting it in the shaft, but I don't think this is the issue. I have swapped around the T3S's and the only time I have this issue is with this one particular juice. It will vape fine for a while but after a couple of hours it will start gurgling and leaking. It does not matter which T3S I put it in... the only thing I can think of is that it has something different with the viscosity that is causing the leaking... I just did not know if this was something anyone else had encountered.

I had that issues with the coils that came with the units but never with Kanger replacements. I mean by the bottom of a tank it might gurgle a little every once in a while but that experience, for me, was not very common. I fill my wife's tanks and can almost guarantee if you swab out the shaft both before and after filling, dry off the post on the coil, and blow through the base to get and residual liquid outbid the center post you will solve the majority of your T3S issues.

I never had any luck with blowing out the tank to stop gurgling however. Usually I ended up spewing a half a tank of liquid out the bottom. If I had gurgling from the get go, I tossed the coil. Sucks, but some are just bad and leak and I am not the fix it type.

Edited by bcartervol98

The T3s have had many leaking/gurgling issues and apparently all of them are solvable. There are quite a few youtube posts with solutions but it was all too much trouble for me at the time. I abandoned the T3 pretty quickly.

I did see a way to rebuild the existing coils which decreases the space allowing juice past the wicks leading to gurgling and leaks. At the time, it was too much trouble for me.

Your prob is pretty unique though. It is possible that the viscosity of your juice is contributing to your problem.

I just kind of think of the T3 as a lemon, unfortunately. There are a lot better tanks out there much more trouble free and if you really like that juice I would find a clearo or tank that works with it and go for it.

Edited by Bebop12

I like the juice so I guess I will set it aside for now and look into getting a better tank... I have been contemplating upgrading to some glass tanks anyway. It just strikes me as odd that I am only having this problem with the one juice!

Now, on to some research into tanks... so many options for a gizmo junkie! :book:

The T3s have had many leaking/gurgling issues and apparently all of them are solvable. There are quite a few youtube posts with solutions but it was all too much trouble for me at the time. I abandoned the T3 pretty quickly.

I did see a way to rebuild the existing coils which decreases the space allowing juice past the wicks leading to gurgling and leaks. At the time, it was too much trouble for me.

Your prob is pretty unique though. It is possible that the viscosity of your juice is contributing to your problem.

I just kind of think of the T3 as a lemon, unfortunately. There are a lot better tanks out there much more trouble free and if you really like that juice I would find a clearo or tank that works with it and go for it.

I think it is important to draw a distinction here between the T3 and the newer T3S. The newer T3S has been relatively maintenance free when compared to its predecessor. Other than the coils that came in the unit needing to be replaced up front, I have had literally 0 problems out of them leaking and are on par with the Mini Davides and KPTs as far as dependability.

Edited by bcartervol98

I like the juice so I guess I will set it aside for now and look into getting a better tank... I have been contemplating upgrading to some glass tanks anyway. It just strikes me as odd that I am only having this problem with the one juice!

Now, on to some research into tanks... so many options for a gizmo junkie! :book:

You don't have to look far for glass tanks. Many of us here have both the Davide and the Pro Tanks. I myself prefer the pro tanks, but others prefer the davide.