What is going on with my Vivi Nova?

Patricia

I started getting that burned flavor while using my Vivi Nova so I took it apart, threw the coil away, cleaned it good, let it dry then put a new coil on it, put it back together filled it full of my favorite juice and sat it upright in my cup of Q-tips. The next day half of the juice had leaked out into the cup so I thought, ok, I have a bad coil so I went threw the whole routine again and I used it a couple of hours then put it back in the cup sitting straight up. The next morning the juice had leaked half out again. I don't see any cracks in it anywhere and when I dab the bottom of it on a napkin the juice seems to be coming from the round little circle in the bottom of the VN. What could be causing this? Should I try another coil on the chance that I just happened to have used 2 bad coils or could there be something else wrong?

A Vivi Nova, because you can change the coil, will usually last longer than other "disposable" clearomizers, but they won't last forever. Have you had this one for some time? If so, then it might be time to replace the whole thing...

I have had this issue before as well and found out that i was using the wrong heads. there are several styles, also you need to make sure that when you put the new head in that it is snug or you will get a leak that will go to about the half way point. You mentioned that you washed it. Check your lower cap and make sure you didn't lose your oring from inside, this not likely your problem as you said it appears to be coming out the airhole in the bottom. As for the burnt taste that can be an issue with your juice level being a little low try turning it upside down for a few about two or three seconds to wet the wick and try it again. if it still tastes burt you may need to trouble shoot a little (voltage changed or your using a head with a different ohm setting). try lowering your voltage a little and see if that helps. The ohm rating is written right on the head itself so try and find one that works best for your device and write it down and try and only get those heads.

The stem that the coil screws into is press fit into the base section. You might take it apart and check there for anything obvious. As stated before I'd triple check where the tank section screws onto the base. I had a few occasions where I had a seeping leak there but the juice appeared to be coming from the center pin area.

A Vivi Nova, because you can change the coil, will usually last longer than other "disposable" clearomizers, but they won't last forever. Have you had this one for some time? If so, then it might be time to replace the whole thing...

Okay, Tam, you brought it up - should I assume that my KPT 2's and my Davide will eventually fail at some point as well, since Patricia's Vivi Nova died, and since my Evod died as well? Or with the KPT 2's and the Davides, are they considered "rebuildable", so all you have to worry about is the coil/wick assembly? I know I asked this in the VIP forum, but I figure more people will see this question here.

Okay, Tam, you brought it up - should I assume that my KPT 2's and my Davide will eventually fail at some point as well, since Patricia's Vivi Nova died, and since my Evod died as well? Or with the KPT 2's and the Davides, are they considered "rebuildable", so all you have to worry about is the coil/wick assembly? I know I asked this in the VIP forum, but I figure more people will see this question here.

Short answer: Yes. Sort of.

Long answer: Because the Davide and KPT2 totally come apart, at some time in the future you're going to have to replace a part or two or three... Nothing lasts forever. If it lasts a good long time, that's what we're all hoping for, but things will wear out eventually.

Yes, it was the first tank I bought except the CE4 that came in my beginner's kit. I thought it did last forever by just replacing the coil. It is sad to know she has to be put down, thrown away, me and that girl have seen some rough times. :crybaby:

I have had this issue before as well and found out that i was using the wrong heads. there are several styles, also you need to make sure that when you put the new head in that it is snug or you will get a leak that will go to about the half way point. You mentioned that you washed it. Check your lower cap and make sure you didn't lose your oring from inside, this not likely your problem as you said it appears to be coming out the airhole in the bottom. As for the burnt taste that can be an issue with your juice level being a little low try turning it upside down for a few about two or three seconds to wet the wick and try it again. if it still tastes burt you may need to trouble shoot a little (voltage changed or your using a head with a different ohm setting). try lowering your voltage a little and see if that helps. The ohm rating is written right on the head itself so try and find one that works best for your device and write it down and try and only get those heads.

Nope, not that. The burnt taste was just the first indication I had burnt the first wick up and it needed a new one. The burnt taste is gone. I looked and the O ring is still there. Cant be the wrong wick because the first one came with it when I bought it and the second one was a batch I had ordered. All good points though.

The stem that the coil screws into is press fit into the base section. You might take it apart and check there for anything obvious. As stated before I'd triple check where the tank section screws onto the base. I had a few occasions where I had a seeping leak there but the juice appeared to be coming from the center pin area.

I did not think about the stem. I will look at it when I get home from work. It must be something in that area because it leaks down right to that point(the top of the stem) then stops.

OK I do know that silly me tried to install a new head from the top and didn't get it screwed all the way down even though i thought I had. Just so you know the time that i put the wrong heads in were from the replacements that came with my tank. just saying.

good luck though cause i am out of ideas here if its none of those.

OK I do know that silly me tried to install a new head from the top and didn't get it screwed all the way down even though i thought I had. Just so you know the time that i put the wrong heads in were from the replacements that came with my tank. just saying.

good luck though cause i am out of ideas here if its none of those.

OK, I put another wick/coil in it last night and screwed it on real tight and pushed it down good. I filled it to the top of the post and sat it up in the cup overnight. This morning no juice had leaked out and it is vaping very good, new 1.8 wick, clean tank and new juice. I don't know which action I took fixed to problem but I will follow that procedure from now on when changing the wick. Thanks for all the suggestions. :flower:

Well, I did find out that I can no longer fill the tank above the to of the stem. That must be where it is leaking because when I did fill it above the top of the stem the juice leaked out of the air hole again. I must have done something to it when I washed it because I have always filled it up to the plastic part of the wick. I have learned to be more gentle when cleaning this stuff.