Kanger wicks

Grant951

I have a coil that is leaking badly. I took the top off and exposed the flavor wicks (I think that's what you guys call them) and the is only one (two including the one with the coil wrapped around it). I put in another one (snipped some wick off a 2.8 I don't use) and it didn't seem to help. Should I try another? The base is fine because none of the other coils really leak. And by try another, I mean some more wick. It's brand new so I want to try to get some use out of it :P

Edited by Grant951

^What he said. Can you hear it fire when you hold it and the battery next to your ear. If it's leaking, my guess would be a bad coil - it's not burning quick enough to keep up with the fluid getting around the coil. Is it also gurgling?

You said it's a kanger, so bottom coil, right?

And when you said you put in another, does that mean you replace the wick that was there, or added what you put in to the existing wicking material?

not necessarily spyder.. they make a t2 which is a top feeder and he hasnt specified what type of clearo it is.. i assume its the protank since i know for a fact he has one but im not gonna say thats exactly what it is until he specifies. but regardless if the coil is bad it wont fire.. end of story.

Forgot about the T2. Yeah, it it's leaking, it's likely not firing at all. Is the T2, just in case that's what he has, disposable, or can you change the coils out on them? I hate when coils are bad right out of the box, but hey, that even happened on my KPT2, and someone, can't remember who, has it happen on her mini davides.

Like I said, I had one bad one from one of my PT2's - the draw was so tight it was well, okay, I shouldn't say that...I don't know if it was necessarily BAD, but it also made some funny sounds. Once I replaced it, everything was hunky dory.

Spyder your switching topics so fast a damn train station couldn't keep up! Lol. I'm talking about my t2's have never had a bad coil right out of the box. My protanks have and they are notorious for it.

Anyway grant replace the coil bud. I'm sure it's just a bad coil. Even right out of the packaging it's definitely possible. If that doesn't fix it let me know and post a pic if you can. :)

When I get a new tank at this point the coil that came installed in it goes in the trash and I put a new one in. I have 10 T3Ss and 8 mini Davides and with only a couple exceptions the coils that came installed in the tanks when I bought them new were leaky and bad.

This does not apply to the T2 as I have never had a bad coil in one of those.

My bad guys, I've been busy so I haven't been able to get on. Yes I am talking about my protank, however I also have a T2 :P. It does fire though, just leaks like crazy. I do believe it is the one that it came with installed. And yes, I added to the existing flavor wick.

I actually had this happen at work this morning - I ended up putting a tiny piece of cotton ball in on top of the flavor wick and it worked .I rolled it like spinning yarn .I had coils in my car but parked across the street and didnt want to put the dog I was working on back in the kennel so I tried this first .