Ok, Vamo V3

your voltage is constant based on the battery. you build your coils to "up" the voltage.

Actually, the battery voltage drops as the battery drains, so without a Kick (or comparable VW module), your wattage will drop as the battery's voltage drops. The Kick also protects your batteries as it cuts off before under-voltage occurs, and it also protects your battery if you have a short.

yes you are correct rix. i just mean im building based on a fully charged battery, and what my batteries are capable of doing. the voltage does drop out but by the time it gets to a crappy vapor production its time to recharge the battery anyway. and the smaller the ohm in the build the quicker it kills the battery.

That makes sense. So are you saying that the output is different on 18350 vs an 18650?

Can you adjust it on the fly? Or do you have to take it apart to adjust?

You have to take the Kick out to adjust it, but I find that once you set it to your preferred power, adjustments aren't needed anymore. Mine are set to 9 watts, and that works perfectly with everything I use.

You have to take the Kick out to adjust it, but I find that once you set it to your preferred power, adjustments aren't needed anymore. Mine are set to 9 watts, and that works perfectly with everything I use.

Well that makes it simple. Do you have a preference between the M16 vs the V3?

yes you are correct rix. i just mean im building based on a fully charged battery, and what my batteries are capable of doing. the voltage does drop out but by the time it gets to a crappy vapor production its time to recharge the battery anyway. and the smaller the ohm in the build the quicker it kills the battery.

Agreed. When I'm at home and have access to plenty of fresh batteries, that's how I roll...unregulated batts with SLR RBAs. I change out 18650 2600mAh batts every time I reload my RBAs. I am, however, really enjoying having constant power (and protection) with the Kick when I'm at work. When voltage hits 3.5v, it stops firing, all the while providing a steady 9w to my delivery devices and protecting my batteries against under-voltage damage. I hear Evolv's got a new Kick that goes to 15w, too.

Edited by Rixter

Well that makes it simple. Do you have a preference between the M16 vs the V3?

I like my V3 a lot for use at work because it's solid brass, so the finish won't scratch as easily as chrome-plate or SS. Brass is also an excellent conductor of electricity. It costs a few bucks more, but it's still under $20 shipped.

The V3 is built like a tank, too. You could probably run over it with your car and wouldn't damage it. lol

Edited by Rixter

i spent a little more the 20 for my Legend and that thing literally last night fell 20ft to a cement floor and the only thing damaged was the polycarb tank on my ithaka.... so im a firm believer that if your hard on your mods... mechanical is the way to go. lol. its still fires like a dream and i have no issues with the connection or anything... just a solid piece of equipment. I love my k100 which you can get for about the same price as the V3 or the m16 clone. :)

Well I love it. I may just get used to carrying it around. Really wish there was a way for a lanyard though. There is a shop opening very close to where I work I think I am gonna wait to get anything else till I can see them in person and check them out. Definitely takes vaping to a whole different level for me.

oh for sure brian. its an amazing thing. :)love the VV devices for plug and play items. :) and for the record anyone building your own coils.... remember if your button is a bottom button mod... lock it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just burnt a perfect replica of a 4/3 wrap 1.1 ohm flat ribbon coil into my left index finger bc the button worked its way unlocked with my fiddling.

I will name him R2D2

He will be with me all the time

We will be friends

In all seriousness, tonight most likely my case will consist of tanks and 3 extra fully charged 18650s, maybe one Spinner as an extreme backup and my mini for "stealth occasions". Still amazed at the difference. This thing will seriously be going everywhere with me.

Going to make a lanyard out of leather at some point.

Remember R2D2 can't swim, I'd don't ever want to hear you crying cuz he went fishing!!

LOL he wont go swimming or near the water. I will keep a mini or a 1000mah std Ego for that. He will be in the cabin!