Ok, Vamo V3

Same here. All the kits I saw had the two shorter tubes. Still looking....

Oh, but I did find out more on vv/vw thats interesting but when I'm done I'll put it in another post because its general info and not Vamo specific.

Short version - in "wattage mode" it adjusts power automatically for different resistances, so if you're changing tanks with different resistance coils it automatically sets the volts to match the differnt resistance to maintain the same "vape" i.e. if you are vaping a 2.5 ohm coil and you switch to a tank with a 1.8 ohm coil, it drops the voltage so you dont have to adjust it down to not fry the 1.8

I do like the fact that you can measure your coil resistance with a button push. I find that handy since resistance has not been consistent on coils for me.

Being able to measure resistance and battery life plus the VW are things I am looking extremely forward to playing with!

LOVE the being able to measure the resistance and battery on my ZMax, so I can take the resistance into consideration when I set my vv. Found out that way that some of of my coils were actually up to .6 ohms BELOW what they were supposed to be, straight out of the box and onto the tank.

I think I spent a TON of time playing around with it, and I've got a chart for safe volts with different resistances, so I would look at the resistance, and start playing around with the voltage until I found a spot that I liked. Gonna have to find out what resistance is on hubby's carto/tank and what voltage he's running for his 618, though, so I can match the power up on mine (using my handy dandy chart), because THAT'S what I'm shooting for with the 618.

Should arrive today! (In regular chrome, got it changed)

How long does is take 18650s to charge? Ordered the NiteCore 2bay charger.

Also, your batteries should come to you partially charged. Mine were at around 3.7 volts, so I was able to throw one in right away and start using it (and even at that, it lasted close to 24 hours with heavy vaping + playing around), and the others were topped off shortly. Then when that one died the Nitecore had it charged up pretty quickly.

I could pick one up and pull a wife move and say I saved $110 from the b&m store.

You know, hubby's sort of used that move on me before when "asking" if he can get something off newegg.com. Before he tells me the price, he always says, "It's THIS much cheaper than at Best Buy or MicroCenter!"

Ok its here, and its HUGE. I never really looked at dimensions. This is definitely an around the house apparatus lol. I cannot see walking around with this monstrous thing in my hand, but then again I should never say never. I said I would never buy a mod, and here is my first one.

E51CB8CA_zps41e9087e.jpg

C8E24AB0_zpsd775cf22.jpg

You can get (from FastTech) a Sentinel M16 mechanical mod, two 18350 batteries, & charger, and then get (from Exhale Vapors) a Sigelei Kick module to make it variable power (5-10w). Total cost - $35.38. That's the smallest mod I've seen. It'll hold an 18650, but not with the Kick module in it...18500 is the largest that'll fit with a kick.

Edited by Rixter

1427800-4.jpg

This is the M16 in 18650 mode...

1427800-5.jpg

and this is the M16 in 18350 mode. It's only $11.54 at FastTech.

gallery_15088_188_48096.jpg

My V3 is the same style as the M16, just all brass instead of SS & brass. This is it in Kicked 18350 mode. No bells...no whistles. Very pocket friendly variable power mod. Take the Kick out to unleash it when you're ready to get an RBA.

Edited by Rixter

Man 18mg in this is way more satisfying than on the regular batteries. Sold, I will be ordering another more portable APV before long at all. Probably before bed tonight.

How much smaller is the SVD than the Vamo? I like the way it looks a lot but can't tell scale in pics.

its not really any smaller unless you run an 18350 setup. the 18650 is gonna be the same size unless you go with a mech. the only reason the mechs are smaller is because there is no "brain" in it to speak of. :) get yourself a magneto or a k100 and then send it to me and ill mod it and send it back. :)

on the m16 mike? your voltage is constant based on the battery. you build your coils to "up" the voltage. Like ill build a 1.1-1.3 ohm coil and it works out to be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 7 watts at 9 amp depending on my device and my RDA. you can buy a kick that makes it VV though.

on the m16 mike? your voltage is constant based on the battery. you build your coils to "up" the voltage. Like ill build a 1.1-1.3 ohm coil and it works out to be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 7 watts at 9 amp depending on my device and my RDA. you can buy a kick that makes it VV though.

That makes sense. So are you saying that the output is different on 18350 vs an 18650?

gallery_15088_188_59287.jpg

With a $15 Sigelei Kick. Adjustable between 5-10w. Just set it and stick it in the mod above your battery.

Can you adjust it on the fly? Or do you have to take it apart to adjust?

no just the battery life. The mah and the physical size of the battery is different but the rating should remain the exact same. Im saying whatever battery you put in (different manufacturers are rated for certain amp limits, wattage available, etc.) that is going to be the driving force in the type of coil you build.