Bottom Feeders

Plastic or Glass?

Plastic:

Kanger T3S and MT3S (My personal favorite plastic)

Kanger Evod

Glass

AnyVape Davide and Davide Mini (Davide Mini is my favorite tank of all)

Kanger Pro Tank 1 and 2 and Pro Tank Mini 1 and 2

Those are the only ones I know of that I would recommend.

Edited by bcartervol98

I personally prefer the Evods to the T3S style, but that's my personal preference.

I never tried an Evod, I included it in my list because of how popular it is with others. Not enough capacity for me. Kind of like a bottom feeding CE4 as far as capacity I think.

As durable as any glass, just be a little more careful I guess. I am a huge boater and am on the lake all the time. Mine is always on a lanyard. Not only that, the new KPT2 and Davides have replacement glass tanks available where before you had to replace the whole unit.

At the vape store today I saw a gal had two fat orings over her KPT1, attempting to protect it, she said she broke one and hubby bought them at hardware store, stated she has rolled it off table several times and still going good!

I never tried an Evod, I included it in my list because of how popular it is with others. Not enough capacity for me. Kind of like a bottom feeding CE4 as far as capacity I think.

I know you've never tried an Evod, that's why I gave the information on it, lol. Although pbusari recommended it over the T3S (something about the plasticky taste of the Kanger).

But I totally agree that if you are going to commit to vaping, glass would be the way to go. Granted, I've never had any "mishaps" with my Davide, other than accidentally taking it apart and spilling 1 1/2 ml of juice all over my lap, but I haven't tested the fragility of it, and I'm a klutz, so that, you would say, is a miracle. But since you can get replacement glass for ProTank 2, I would imagine you can get replacement glass for the Davide, as well, and soon, you'll be able to get larger glass for the Davides and the mini Davides to up the capacity even more. I don't think Kanger is planning on doing that with the Protank 2, and I KNOW it can't be done with the Protank Mini, because that's all one piece, can't be taken apart. The ProTank 2 holds 1/2 a ml less than the Davide, but evidently has a tighter draw. The coils from the Protank can be used on the Davide. Right now, I think hubby said his ohm detector on his Provari on my tank said I have a 2.5 ohm coil in, but I thought it only came with 2.2 ohm coils, you had order the 2.5 ohm coils. Anyway.

If you were looking to get into glass, I would refer you to his review on 8/14 of this year - review and compare of protank mini/ProTank2/and Anyvape Davide, but I feel his review may have been colored by his initial coil or something in the Davide causing a problem, making him taste rubber. Trust me, I've never tasted rubber with mine, and he said his was "out of the box" for about 24 hours - taken out of the box, filled, and used while he was watching TV the night before, and while he was doing the review, although he did have to make an adjustment to the mini Protank, but hubby has the mini Protank and didn't have to make that adjustment.

If you've tried either an Evod, or a mini Protank, they pretty much, in terms of vaping experience, are the same. Hubby has both, and I have Evods and have tried his mini protank. Made by the same company, same draw, etc. It's just one is glass, so you can put citrus, cinnamon, and I think 100% pg fluids in there (not positive about that last part, but I saw a vendor who would only ship 100% pg juices - in glass bottles).

But I'm saying BUNCH of stuff that may be flying over your head. I dunno. Just holler if you need me to explain ANYTHING I said.

Oh, and that review by pbusari that I referenced earlier in the post, he put a contest on the end of the video (tasteyourjuice.com), giving away an original protank and about 700 mls of e-juice (different flavors, I think 50 or 100 ml bottles) open to the 8/31. The winner is drawn from all the correct answers.

EDIT: Changed the address of pbusari's website. Just realized it was wrong when my contest entry came back to me, lol.

Edited by spydre

I understood everything you said, just lots of info so I'm a bit overwhelmed haha. Thank you though! I'm definitely thinking about the davide. Our of all of those bottom feeders, which one do you guys think has the most similar draw to a vivi nova?

I understood everything you said, just lots of info so I'm a bit overwhelmed haha. Thank you though! I'm definitely thinking about the davide. Our of all of those bottom feeders, which one do you guys think has the most similar draw to a vivi nova?

Vivi Nova, from what I understand, is pretty tight, so if you are looking for glass, go with one of the Pro Tanks. If plastic is okay with you, I would go with the Kanger T3S or the Evod. They are all made by Kanger, so they will all have similar draws. The T3S holds more than the Evods do, and the T3S's are translucent, instead of just having a tiny window on each side, so you'll have an easier time seeing the juice level.

But I would still recommend glass - it tastes much better. And if you are looking for a draw similar to the Vivi Nova, I would say go with the Pro Tank 2 - you can fully take it apart just like the Davide, but it has a tighter draw.

KPT2s draw is easily twice as tight as KPT1 and closer than the Vivi Nova than the original KPT. I like it a lot, it is growing on me by the day. I still LOVE my Davide Minis for portability but I bet you would LOVE the KPT2.

KPT2s draw is easily twice as tight as KPT1 and closer than the Vivi Nova than the original KPT. I like it a lot, it is growing on me by the day. I still LOVE my Davide Minis for portability but I bet you would LOVE the KPT2.

Okay, I asked you this in another thread, but I'll ask you here, too. Which do you like better, PT2 or the Davide?

I like them evenly for different reasons. KPT2 is easier to fill, higher capacity, best draw of anything yet (not too loose, not too tight, just right). The Davide Minis give me marginally better flavor, are more portable, LOVE the Ego connection vs 510, and I can buy 2 of them for what 1 KPT2 costs (almost).

I probably will eventually get a couple more KPT2s to be honest. I think they are maybe a little better performer and still fit in my case. I just do not like the weight and the fact I have to use the collar to use my lanyard since they are a 510 connection.

If the KPT2 had an Ego connection as opposed to a 510 connection I would say KPT2 all the way.

Both are great, one couldnt find much to complain about from either of them, no matter how hard they try.

Yeah. Well, when I order my new equipment, it will be 510 or ego compatible. So I'm still on the fence. Yesterday I was fine with the airiness of the Davide, but today, I guess it's because I can't settle on a flavor to vape, it's bothering me more.

When I hear the term "Bottom Feeders" I automatically think of the awesome Reo by ReosMods, with a Cisco 306 or HH357 on top.

It doesn't get any better than that. :)

Carry on

I actually think of fish when I hear it, as the fish with longer upper lip extending over the lower lip are bottom feeders. (Used to keep fish, so I read up on a whole bunch of them before deciding what fish to get next).

Well if its not 510 or Ego compatible, it is not any good on anything. Those are the only two connections there are afaik.

My bit of advice would be slow down. Take your time. Everything with vaping is not always perfect out of the box, and your tastes change over time. It is so easy now after 4 months of listening and studying. I know what I like, and what works best with what for me, and you will too but it is not going to be that easy. I have over 30 different delivery systems and 4 different types of Ego style batteries. Last night my wife and I listed 63 flavors of liquids we have tried and only 3 we love, and two that I like a little that she doesnt at all. There is a huge learning curve. Slow down and take it all in. Dont be so fast to judge products imo.

Airiness, not airiness, tighter draw, airy draw is all in the eyes of the beholder. There is a specific optimal way to hit each device and once you find out what that is, there is not a HUGE difference in the hit of vapor produced by any of them. Some are better built and lower maintenance than others, but every device has its own set of characteristics. You wouldnt drive a Corvette the same way you would drive a 1 ton truck. Same with vaping.

Well if its not 510 or Ego compatible, it is not any good on anything. Those are the only two connections there are afaik.

My bit of advice would be slow down. Take your time. Everything with vaping is not always perfect out of the box, and your tastes change over time. It is so easy now after 4 months of listening and studying. I know what I like, and what works best with what for me, and you will too but it is not going to be that easy. I have over 30 different delivery systems and 4 different types of Ego style batteries. Last night my wife and I listed 63 flavors of liquids we have tried and only 3 we love, and two that I like a little that she doesnt at all. There is a huge learning curve. Slow down and take it all in. Dont be so fast to judge products imo.

Airiness, not airiness, tighter draw, airy draw is all in the eyes of the beholder. There is a specific optimal way to hit each device and once you find out what that is, there is not a HUGE difference in the hit of vapor produced by any of them. Some are better built and lower maintenance than others, but every device has its own set of characteristics. You wouldnt drive a Corvette the same way you would drive a 1 ton truck. Same with vaping.

That's why before I actually make my upcoming purchase, I'm planning on getting a pt2 and trying it out for a few days. If I like it, I can have at least this one Davide, that PT2, and whatever else I decide on glass tanks.

Currently I have 23 T2 Kangers, 14 T3S, 6 Mini Davides, and 1 KPT2. I probably wont add anything to the mix unless I break something for quite a while as I can use any of the aforementioned devices to my complete satisfaction. Each has its own draw and has to be treated as such, but I can get as much vapor and not any more than maybe a 10% difference in taste with any of them. The glass is my favorite but I would have no problem going bask to topfeeders or the T3S if I had to. The key is taking your time and really getting to know your delivery system inside and out.

Brian, BTW, you misunderstood me on what I meant by ego or 510 compatible - the Sigeli Zmax is compatible with both. What I have now, the starter ego stick batteries, I think you need an adapter for 510's right?

Alright. So it's down to the KPT2 and the Davide. I really like the way the Davide looks. I haven't checked out the KPT2 yet though. Does the Davide have 2 holes? I like to cover up one of the holes on my T2 sometimes lol.

The Davide has three holes.

As far as taping up holes, I've never had much luck keeping the tape to stay on. Had hubby tape up one hole on it (the Davide), and it made a bit of a difference, and it looked like it was going to stay - this was after cleaning the whole stem and bottom plate with alcohol, and he even sort of shoved the tape into the hole as well, but after taking it off the battery the second time, the tape came off,

Does anyone else have to continually re-tape, or if you tape, what kind do you use? I tried electrical tape, but I myself never have any luck with electrical tape (and that I did myself), so it's no wonder it didn't stick. When hubby did it, he used scotch tape.

Brian, BTW, you misunderstood me on what I meant by ego or 510 compatible - the Sigeli Zmax is compatible with both. What I have now, the starter ego stick batteries, I think you need an adapter for 510's right?

The Davide has three holes.

As far as taping up holes, I've never had much luck keeping the tape to stay on. Had hubby tape up one hole on it (the Davide), and it made a bit of a difference, and it looked like it was going to stay - this was after cleaning the whole stem and bottom plate with alcohol, and he even sort of shoved the tape into the hole as well, but after taking it off the battery the second time, the tape came off,

Does anyone else have to continually re-tape, or if you tape, what kind do you use? I tried electrical tape, but I myself never have any luck with electrical tape (and that I did myself), so it's no wonder it didn't stick. When hubby did it, he used scotch tape.

I just learn how each device hits and draw on it accordingly. I have found this to be much better than tape. I started out taping over a hole in my T2s but shortly after figured it out. You will too if you give it time.

Well after looking at both I decided I will get both lol. This is turning out to be a bit of a hobby (haven't even messed with mods yet, but knowing me I know I will eventually) and a somewhat expensive. It's fine though, I'm probably still spending less than I did on analogs and it's something I actually enjoy versus something I didn't enjoy and something that was killing me.

Anywho, what site has these tanks for the cheapest price? Also do they have 2.4 coils for both of these? I love the 2.4 in my vivi and the 2.2 in my T2 is pretty great as well.

Will they perform close to my T2 in terms of vapor production and throat hit or will they be different?

I love the draw off my vivi and the throat hit but the T2 seems to produce more vapor. It also has a similar throat hit, but my vivi is just a bit better I think. Hopefully one of these tanks I'm going to buy is the best of both worlds :D.

Best place to get both of them at is Discount Vapers, I've found, I believe. And Kanger makes the coils for these - you can either get 2.2 ohms, or 2.5.

But now I SERIOUSLY need to stop looking at vendor websites. Discovered that the mini PT holds less than the Evods, so if I switch to glass for my main vapes, if I decide to go the Pro Tank way, I'll just get four more of the larger ones. If I go with Davides, well, no, the mini Davides don't hold as much as an evod either (evod holds 2 ml, Davide PT mini both hold about 1.5 ml), so either way I go, I may end up with all of them full sized. But I'm also seriously considering replacing the Evods, which I was going to hold on to for sampling other juices, with T3S's, because of the larger capacity. I need to stop looking at stuff. When I get in spending moods, it never pays to look at stuff for me.