Liquid vaping faster?

Gonna derail for one second. No matter the tank I use the Strawberry Fields tastes burned at 2.2ohms above 3.8v. SHould I try a 2.5ohm coil? It seems I like the vapor production at around 4v but not the taste with the 2.2ohm coils. I have some 2.5s that came with my tanks. I may try that.

...Strawberry Fields tastes burned at 2.2ohms above 3.8v. SHould I try a 2.5ohm coil? It seems I like the vapor production at around 4v but not the taste with the 2.2ohm coils. I have some 2.5s that came with my tanks. I may try that.

Voltage² ÷ Resistance = Power.

If Strawberry Fields tastes burnt to you at above 3.8v with a 2.2Ω coil, that means it tastes burnt to you at above 6½ watts, and any combination that you try (by changing voltage or resistance) is going to taste burnt to you at above 6½ watts. If you switch to a 2.5Ω coil, anything you try at above 4v is going to taste burnt to you because 4v with a 2.5Ω coil = 6½ watts.

4v with a 2.5Ω coil is exactly the same vaping experience as 3.8v with a 2.2Ω coil. The only difference is the current applied...the 4V/2.5Ω setup will use 1.6 amps, and the 3.8v/2.2Ω setup will use 1.7 amps...both current levels are well below your PV switch's amp limits.

*EDIT*

Actually (and this is splitting hairs), by switching from 3.8v/2.2Ω to 4v/2.5Ω, you're dropping your power to the coil by .16364 watts.

Edited by Rixter

I sort of get that but I am still at 3.8v with a 2.5o coil. That's the max this flavor will take with a 2.2. The flavor and vapor is a lot better than with the 2.2 it seems. Below 3.8 it doesn't satisfy me with regards to vapor production and hit with 2.2 but flavor tasted better at the lower level of 3.4-3.5v if that makes sense. At 2.5 it seems I get the best of both worlds at 3.8v 2.5 ohm.

Edited by bcartervol98

I sort of get that but I am still at 3.8v with a 2.5o coil. That's the max this flavor will take with a 2.2. The flavor and vapor is a lot better than with the 2.2 it seems. Below 3.8 it doesn't satisfy me with regards to vapor production and hit with 2.2 but flavor tasted better at the lower level of 3.4-3.5v if that makes sense. At 2.5 it seems I get the best of both worlds at 3.8v 2.5 ohm.

It makes absolute sense to me...not all juices like high power. Some juices taste and perform better at low power. It sounds like Strawberry Fields is one of the latter.

Looks like you've found your "sweet spot" with Strawberry Fields to be 3.8v/2.5Ω, or around 5.8 watts (according to Ohm's Law)...your perfect balance of flavor & vapor production.

You can still use your 2.2Ω coils, though. You'll get a comparable vape if you set your PV's voltage at about 3.5v, which achieves roughly the same power.

You may have noticed an increase in performance when you made the switch, but remember, you swapped a used coil (however slightly) for a fresh new one.

*EDIT*

I hate to throw another variable into the mix, but coil making is not an exact science as of yet. Performance levels can vary greatly in coils of the same brand and resistance due to the shape & position of the coil in the housing, irregularities or positioning of the wicking material, the way air flows through the housing, etc...all sorts of things can make coils behave slightly different from one to the next.

Edited by Rixter