Advise on DCT Tank

Hello fellow vapors,

Recently I purchased a KTS telescopic storm from http://www.vapedoctor.com/kts-telescopic-storm-kts-mod-v3-starter-kit/

It came as a kit that included a DCT tank as shown in the link above. Thing is I have searched youtube on how to use this model and I came up with nothing. There are other DCT tanks that have been reviewed, however I haven't found any instructions on how to use this particular model.

If you have any experience that you can pass along that may assist me I would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to use it without some sort of instruction from someone. Sorry I'm still new at this but I'm trying.

Have a wonderful day vaping day.

Edited by dragongunner

I wondered this same thing -I was looking at one but didnt buy it cause I couldnt figure it out. it had this tube thing in the middle of it im thinking it had to be punched ? dont quote me on that though I really have no idea just guessing:) Ill wait for wisdom here with you ;)

Thanks for the reply. It does look like holes need to be punched out, however why would it sell knowing it needed that? I dont mind tinkering and customizing, but would have thought that it would have come ready to vape. Alas my wisdom on the topic is nill. Wait we shall then.

Ok they are all going to act the same... Just made of different materials and by different manufacturers. So here is a quick synopsis of them:

1.) you will need what is called a cartomizer. You will want one with prepunched holes. I recommend laser punched. I really like the Boge F16 and and the Boge prepunched standards.

2.) on your tank the end caps both come off. Remove them and with whatever juice your gonna put in the tank lube up the o rings. Just take a drop on your finger and smear it around the rings, then put them back on the tank. Let the tank sit for a bit so the o rings will swell and seal off the tank.

(This next step is the way I prefer it to do it)

3.) take your cartomizer and take a few drops and put it on the batting in the cartomizer. You only need to soak the top.

4.) take the cartomizer and insert it through the bottom cap. If you twist it while pushing gently it should just pop in. It's easier on your o rings inside the caps if you do that as well.

5.) remove the top cap and push the cartomizer flush with the base. Then fill it until about 2mm below where the bottom of the top cap sits inside the tank.

6.) much like a clearo you now have to let it sit and wick up through the cartomizer. I usually give it like 10 minutes or until you get a drop coming out of the bottom where it connects to the battery.

7.) wipe the outside of the tank and the bottom of the cartomizer and install on your battery/mod/APV and enjoy an awesome vape. :)

Medic, I had shown some interest in a blue Bella tank and someone told me I would need to get a cartomizers with prepunched holes in it. Would the instructions above work for me if I got a Bella tank?

Thanks IMedic. This really helps a bunch. It looks like the carto's that I have definitely do not have pre-drilled holes in them. That really sucks. I guess I will go buy a micro drill set and get it done. Sure do wish the holes were in them already. Do they need holes in them or can I just fill the carto up, but then I guess no juice would get inside right?

Thanks IMedic. This really helps a bunch. It looks like the carto's that I have definitely do not have pre-drilled holes in them. That really sucks. I guess I will go buy a micro drill set and get it done. Sure do wish the holes were in them already. Do they need holes in them or can I just fill the carto up, but then I guess no juice would get inside right?

uh,id ask one of the other guys for pics before you do that once you drill a hole ......well you know lol ;)

Ive seen little gizmos to do that maybe one of the veterans can elaborate ?

found it http://www.litecigusa.net/SmokTECH_DCT_Cartomizer_Punch_p/510dct-punch.htm

Edited by Christie

uh,id ask one of the other guys for pics before you do that once you drill a hole ......well you know lol ;)

Ive seen little gizmos to do that maybe one of the veterans can elaborate ?

found it http://www.litecigusa.net/SmokTECH_DCT_Cartomizer_Punch_p/510dct-punch.htm

Thanks for that reality check. I will wait. But why in the **** would they not come pre-drilled? That part really pisses me off.

Medic, I had shown some interest in a blue Bella tank and someone told me I would need to get a cartomizers with prepunched holes in it. Would the instructions above work for me if I got a Bella tank?

Those tanks are pretty but I saw them for $50.00 and um yeah Im not going to pay that till I know Im not going to break it . I have dropped this protank 2, 4 times already but I had a scrunchie wrapped around it so it hasnt broken YET lol .

but I would love them if they were either cheaper , or not breakable lol .

Thanks for that reality check. I will wait. But why in the **** would they not come pre-drilled? That part really pisses me off.

loll youre welcome, I think some people actually like doing it themselves the precise way they want it ac opposed to having it done for them. Im not one of them . ;) n at least not yet .maybe one day.

well the reason they dont come prepunched unless you buy them that way is people still use them on top of a battery by themselves. :)

Christie a bella tank is made out of plastic. The tips are plastic along with the tank. You can buy a pyrex tube for like 6 bucks so if you break it... no big deal. :)

The reason for the carto tool is so you can punch non punched ones because they are cheaper but in all reality its harder on your o-rings until you either get a way to do it without ovaling the cartos. Also some people prefer different counts on how many holes, where they are, size, etc....

well the reason they dont come prepunched unless you buy them that way is people still use them on top of a battery by themselves. :)

Christie a bella tank is made out of plastic. The tips are plastic along with the tank. You can buy a pyrex tube for like 6 bucks so if you break it... no big deal. :)

The reason for the carto tool is so you can punch non punched ones because they are cheaper but in all reality its harder on your o-rings until you either get a way to do it without ovaling the cartos. Also some people prefer different counts on how many holes, where they are, size, etc....

Should see the carto i use for BB. I punch it w/ 3 holes. Lol its almost a triangle. I have to build the tank around the carto.