dry burn question

ok so i have a kpt but heres my question. i had a coil that stopped working and i took it apart to see what the deal was. the wire on the coil shifted to 1 side so it wasnt producing vapor. i spaced them apart and tried it out, problem solved. but how often can i dry burn a coil before its crap. i usually go a week or 2 before i take it apart clean it and dry burn the coil. yes i have spare coils but im trying to prolong the life of my coils and see how long they last on avg.

PS. when i dry burn usually the wick is black before i start and when im done its white again. yes i have watched vids on youtube but no one seems to mention how often you can dry burn any coil. and do you guys dry burn a new coil fresh out the box and why?

No need to dry burn a new coil. When i was using kpt/evods daily, i had no set schedule on when to dry burn. I would do it when vapor/flavor production dropped off. Easy enough to pull the pin, remove the flavor wicks and burn away. I would usually use the pulse method and turn your voltage/watts down as its easier to pop a dry coil then one with juice on it. Just burn em until the crud is no longer visible on the coil. Replace your flavor wicks, reassemble, give a few dry pulls and vape on!

i have actually experimented with flavor wicks. i have some ce6's with burned up coils so i used the wick from it cut to length and use them as flavor wicks on my kpt. they seem to work better. so for as long as the coil glows all the way across the wick i can dry burn all i need until it stops working?