Tonight, I drip!

I do not think dripping is for me. I never really figured it out last night and finally just screwed my T3S back on and aaahhhh. In theory it sounds good but in practice not so much for me. I never got anywhere close to getting a draw even comparable to my tanks.

I had ordered a couple more attys of different kinds and drip tips from Sweet-Vapes and sent an email to please cancel the order. I hope they do, the last thing I need is more stuff I'm not gonna use lol.

Ill buy your attys and drip shields. :)

Im hoping they will cancel my order of extra ones lol. I also let them know if they just wanted to substitute a comparable dollar amount of T3S coils instead if they don't want to cancel the order this is an acceptable solution. I order a lot, I expect they will be helpful. Gonna keep the couple I got just to try this again at some point. I am sure I will want to, just got disgusted last night never could get a good draw but it is so tight, especially when used to Kanger tanks. The way you hit it seems to be more like an analog, take a pull and inhale as opposed to taking a long slow draw with the Kangers.

I do not think dripping is for me. I never really figured it out last night...

I think what's happening here is that you're making this too complicated. Dripping is the absolute easiest method possible to vaporize e-liquid with.

1. Drip 3 drops of juice in your atty.
  2. Vape 'til it's gone.

There's nothing mystical about it.

If your drip shield is making your draw impossible, it's just because you got the wrong shield to use on an eGo-threaded battery without using a 510-510 extension, so the bottom o-ring of the shield is blocking your airflow. (Click here to see how a drip shield works)

If you really want to use your drip shield, you can pick up a 510-510 extension for a couple of bucks which will make your shield usable, but Empire Mods sell drip shields designed to use on eGos that fits over the outer threads of your battery's connection so the bottom o-ring doesn't block your airflow. Just keep in mind that using a shield is optional.

BTW - You can get Boge 510 2Ω atties at VapeLite for $3.50 each.

Edited by Rixter

I think what's happening here is that you're making this too complicated. Dripping is the absolute easiest method possible to vaporize e-liquid with.

1. Drip 3 drops of juice in your atty.
  2. Vape 'til it's gone.

There's nothing mystical about it.

If your drip shield is making your draw impossible, it's just because you got the wrong shield to use on an eGo-threaded battery without using a 510-510 extension, so the bottom o-ring of the shield is blocking your airflow. (Click here to see how a drip shield works)

If you really want to use your drip shield, you can pick up a 510-510 extension for a couple of bucks which will make your shield usable, but Empire Mods sell drip shields designed to use on eGos that fits over the outer threads of your battery's connection so the bottom o-ring doesn't block your airflow. Just keep in mind that using a shield is optional.

BTW - You can get Boge 510 2Ω atties at VapeLite for $3.50 each.

I never even attempted to use the drip shield. I cleaned out the attys with a tissue and blew the primer out as instructed. I put a drip tip on, dripped 3 drops in, vaped until I got a metallic taste, dripped 3-4 drops in, and repeated. I think the problem is I have gotten so used to the draw off these Kanger tanks and the attys are a lot tighter draw like the Vision tanks I cant use without getting a headache from sucking so hard. It felt weird to me, my battery got very hot to the touch, and it was just overall not something I liked. I will file it under a "to each their own" kind of thing.

I got it to work, its not that. I just found myself wanting to get my tank back on the whole time. I did with two flavors and on each there wasn't an appreciable difference in the taste to me, not enough to make me want to continue. I guess its not for everyone. Its not that I couldn't do it, its that I prefer my tank.

I got it to work, its not that. I just found myself wanting to get my tank back on the whole time. I did with two flavors and on each there wasn't an appreciable difference in the taste to me, not enough to make me want to continue. I guess its not for everyone. Its not that I couldn't do it, its that I prefer my tank.

I understand completely...it's definitely not for everyone. The vaping community has come a long way from the days of dripping, and some of the new delivery devices out there are nothing short of amazing, so dripping has sort of gone the way of the Dodo with most vapers these days.

The biggest pro to drip atties is that you're not tied down to any one flavor for long. They're great for testing new juices, and for people who like to switch flavors a lot. Short of a properly set up RBA, there's no better taste you can get than from dripping.

I've never tried the atties that you got, but I have tried some that I just didn't like at all. My recommendation still stands on the HH.357. It's the best atty I've ever used by far, and that's no exaggeration. If you ever want to find out what dripping should be like (pure unadulterated flavor & hassle-free), get one.

Side note - It seems strange to me, but one of the atties that I really like (HH.357 - $21.99) is about the most expensive one available, and another (Boge 2Ω - $3.50) is about the cheapest one available. Go figure.

I give the HH.357 a 10, the Boge 2Ω a 6, the Empire Mods Premium LR 901 a 7, and everything else I've tried a 3 or less.

Edited by Rixter

Using a different delivery method that's new and has a learning curve is much like trying to quit smoking. If you're not of the mindset to want to change to it, it's not going to be for you. Different things work best for different people. If tanks and clearomizers are what you like, then it's good that you found something that works for you. No need to fix what ain't broken. Glad you gave it a try anyway. :)

That said, not all atomizers are the same. I've had some that had incredibly tight draws while others were so airy that it hit like the Pro Tank for me. I think, of all the different ones I've tried, the Boge 2.0 ohm that Rixter linked to, and the Smoktek 2.0 ohm bridgeless atomizers from Mt. Baker Vaper are my favorites that deliver consistently good hits without the tightness of draw. I'm looking at some bridgeless 306s right now as the bridged 306 don't do it for me. Also looking at a few more RDAs. I'd like to be able to rebuild my own coils, that would be so much less expensive. And I'm waiting until the HH.357 comes back in stock at the 2.0 ohm. :)

... I'm waiting until the HH.357 comes back in stock at the 2.0 ohm. :)

If you don't mind a 10-14 day wait time, you can get the Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer for $3 more.

With the "Custom" HH.357, you can choose:

• 510 standard
  • 510 Long Barrel
  • 901 Standard
  • 901 Long Barrel
* Custom 357 Color:
  • Matte Black
  • Stainless Steel
  • Cobalt Blue
  • Deep Red
  • Dark Green
* Custom 357 Resistance:
  • 1.5 ohm
  • 2.0 ohm
  • 2.5 ohm
  • 3.0 ohm
* Juice Blend:
  • PG/VG Blend
  • VG 100%
  • PG 100%

For you, I'd recommend choosing the 510 Long Barrel in a 2Ω.

Edited by Rixter

Yea, like anything else what works for one is not necessarily what works for another. I am keeping the ones I got from Brian just to taste liquids in before committing a tank and coil to them. I am hoping Sweet-Vapes will let me cancel my order there or substitute it. They only ship M-F and I made my order after hours and have sent a reply email to my order, a contact us email on the site, left a voice mail at the store, and sent both Chuck and Dayna Facebook messages. I have ordered a ton of stuff from them, hopefully they will get it. I even told them instead of a refund they could sent me a comparable amount of T3S coils and deduct a reasonable repackaging fee if necessary. Haven't heard anything yet but not surprised since they are a M-F place.

AND as I type this i get a shipping confirmation. If they are there to ship, why can someone not listen to the voice mails, read the e-mails I sent, or reply in some sort of way. I mean, I placed the order its not like its their mistake but any other time I have sent in correspondence I have gotten an answer and have been satisfied.

Okay, consider it sold, but why the long barrel? I already have long drip tips to take care of the "juice in mouth" problem. :)

Well, the main reason is that, since the long barrel is about the same length as a standard cartomizer, you won't have to use an adapter on your atty to extend beyond your drip shield. I've always had to use 510-510 adapters on my shorter atties for this reason.

By the way, if you don't like it based on my recommendation, I'll buy it from you (but you will).

Edited by Rixter

Well, the main reason is that, since the long barrel is about the same length as a standard cartomizer, you won't have to use an adapter on your atty to extend beyond your drip shield. I've always had to use 510-510 adapters on my shorter atties for this reason.

By the way, if you don't like it based on my recommendation, I'll buy it from you (but you will).

That makes sense but I use the regular atomizer sizes and it sits flush with my drip shields, which is what I prefer so I guess the standard would be that. Right?

That makes sense but I use the regular atomizer sizes and it sits flush with my drip shields, which is what I prefer so I guess the standard would be that. Right?

I can't really say since the long barrel is the only one I've tried from them. Phil Busardo uses it in his review of the HH.357, so that's what I got.

I'd guess, however, that their standard size would be comparable to what you've been getting (in length) in other brands. Worse comes to worse, I'm sure you've got a 510-510 adapter laying around somewhere, right?

I can't really say since the long barrel is the only one I've tried from them. Phil Busardo uses it in his review of the HH.357, so that's what I got.

I'd guess, however, that their standard size would be comparable to what you've been getting (in length) in other brands. Worse comes to worse, I'm sure you've got a 510-510 adapter laying around somewhere, right?

Yep. On your recommendation a long time ago I got a couple of the 510 to 510 adapters. If I remember right I have both the sealed and unsealed ones. :D

I would think that the standard size is the same as the others I've been buying. If it were any shorter they'd label them as "short". Okay, I'm off to make an order. Thanks, Rixter, for helping me spend more money! :lol:

Okay, I'm off to make an order. Thanks, Rixter, for helping me spend more money! :lol:

You WON'T be sorry! :no

In fact, once you try one, you'll never be able to use any other dripper without feeling like you're missing something.

I'm using the smoketek bridgeless at 2.0 ohm and it's performing nicely. I'm getting a nice amount of vapor, and a natural pull on it. Really good flavor. I'm pretty happy with it

It doesnt really compare with my Octopus RDA which gives a ton of vapor and the purest of flavor so far that ive tried. Its a little more trouble to use (not that much) and you cant turn around flavors as fast as the the smoketek.

I love the Smoketech 2.0 ohm bridgeless atomizer. It's the only thing that could've turned me away from the Boge 2.0 ohm bridged ones that I'd been using for so long. Unfortunately, Vapelite only stocks so much and the wait times in between was too long so I wandered elsewhere. A brand new custom-made HH.357 hybrid is on its way -- eventually. I'm hoping it'll be all that I've read it is. With my propensity to over drip this one and I should get along very well. :)

I dont have to worry about spending more money-I dont have much! But I am very confused about the whole thing. Maybe I will not go there for a while after I learn a bit more. Im content with a few tanks and cartos.

What I would love to find is drip tips that dont cost 2 and 3 dollar each!

with so many flavors to try and not unlimited cartos; it does seem to make sense to drip. After you figure it out you may need to give me those lesson links so I can learn about it! It would save lots of poor boge cartos !

There really isn't much to it. Just replace your cartridge with a dip tip. Drip tips can be purchased from nearly every e-cig vendor on the internet. Get a bottle of liquid and drip 3-4 drops through the drip tip onto the atomizer. As mentioned above, let it soak for a moment, then add a couple more drops. Vape until you can taste the flavor running out, and add a few more drops. Keep an eye on your battery threads when you first start doing this. If there is a lot of liquid getting on your battery, you might want to try one less drop. Also, if you suck juice into your mouth, try less drops.

Edited by chooseyourecig