What makes Vamo, Provari's etc. so special?

Some of it you pay for the name. But most of the price of those mods is the fact that its reliable over long periods of time. They consistently produce the same vape and same volt/watt setting and provide a better vaping experience.

But not necessarily more vapor

no, vapor production has nothing to do with mod vs ego.

it all has to do with the type of juice/resistance to voltage

Thats what I was saying. When I was a virgin vaper I thought mods would billow clouds of vapor because on youtube thats what you normally see, but now I know a twist with a boge 510 carto can do the same

Thats what I was saying. When I was a virgin vaper I thought mods would billow clouds of vapor because on youtube thats what you normally see, but now I know a twist with a boge 510 carto can do the same

your right but the difference between a mod and a twist is that the mod will consistently hold its volts/watts as a far truer output then the twist. The mods circuitry is made to make it produce the same vape all the way until the battery is dead. The twist although not a bad vape and a heck of a lot cheaper will only hold the same true volts/watts until the battery starts to go below 1/4 and it decreases greatly from there.

The price of a twist or spinner isn't much less than a vamo. fasttech sells the vamo complete kit minus juice for $55 plus free shipping world wide. Thats the battery tube, batteries, charger, some kind of delivery device for less than 2 spinners or less than 2 twists. Pretty damn good price, and for the vamo to be vv/vw, show ohms etc. that's not bad. I will get a vamo before the e vic or provari. The reviews I seen on youtube make the vamo sound like it's solid for the low price.

Edited by Love2VapeDaily

The price of a twist or spinner isn't much less than a vamo. fasttech sells the vamo complete kit minus juice for $55 plus free shipping world wide. Thats the battery tube, batteries, charger, some kind of delivery device for less than 2 spinners or less than 2 twists. Pretty damn good price, and for the vamo to be vv/vw, show ohms etc. that's not bad. I will get a vamo before the e vic or provari. The reviews I seen on youtube make the vamo sound like it's solid for the low price.

it is a pretty solid device but i would encourage you to find the thread over at ECF where the users have had the problems with the VAMO and read about the issues they have had and learn how to fix them. Im not saying they are fraught with issues it just gives you an understanding of what could happen and be able to fix it on the fly.

Is this the v2 or v3 they are having probs with? Knock on wood no problems with mine so far.

Mine was about $60 but I upgraded to the better Nitecore charger.

it is a pretty solid device but i would encourage you to find the thread over at ECF where the users have had the problems with the VAMO and read about the issues they have had and learn how to fix them. Im not saying they are fraught with issues it just gives you an understanding of what could happen and be able to fix it on the fly.

I would but ecf claims my email addy is invalid, the same 1 brian from theveteranvaper emailed so I may look else where for this info but if ecf system is to retarded to recognize my almost 15 year old email address I'm not going to bother with them.

I am glad you made me aware that the vamo has issues, thank you. :)

Is this the v2 or v3 they are having probs with? Knock on wood no problems with mine so far.

Mine was about $60 but I upgraded to the better Nitecore charger.

i dont think its been restricted to certain models. I know there have been small issues with the connectors and buttons like to stick and so one and so forth but from what i read on them they are all relatively simple and easy fixes and can be done in less then 10 minutes. I have heard tons of people also say they have never had a problem with them in the entirety of them owning it. I am just saying error on the side of caution and learn about them so you can fix them if you have them.

Okay, don't scare me like that! ;)

I did my research on it and most seemed happy for what it is, price and good starter mod..

:cheers:

honestly i keep thinking about snagging one. I just havent found the extra cash i need to do so. i usually spend the extra cash on something else for the set ups i already have minus just purchasing this:

http://www.vaportekusa.com/product_p/elite-hybrid-.htm

i bought that in the aluminum color bc the blue wasnt available when i placed the order. lol. But my interest has strayed to mechanical mods. i like the idea of nothing inside of it other then an open circuit that is closed with battery contact. and it comes with one of rainbow heavens rba's which i have wanted to try but never wanted to pay the money for one. so i got 2 things i want for about 53.00 shipped. I preordered before they raised the price lol.

IF I ever buy anything beyond an Ego style VV like my Spinners, it will most definitely be a Provari. I just doubt I will. I saw one over the weekend at the lake and it was cool, but no more vapor and taste than my Spinner had. I guess the battery life and "bells and whistles" are the main things that make them different. It would be cool to be able to see the resistance on my atty at the push of a button.

Resistance and battery life are my favorite bells, and the one problem I have with ego style batts as you never know how much life you have left, and always have to carry a spare. And it's not bigger vape, but a better vape, with a VV-VW you can really tune it in, flavor and attys both..

I have or had quite a few mods. Honestly the Provari is the best vape out of all of them. Just the way it is designed it's a much smoother vape. The 33mhz 'rattlesnake rattle" pulsing of most other mods just isnt as smooth.

There is no need to buy a Provari new from provape either. You can buy one used, I got mine for $100. Sure it was a version 1, but i mailed it in to have it upgraded to the new chipset for $25. It's a solid device. If it ever breaks you can send it in for repair at reasonable rates.