Pyrex glass tanks

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been looking at the Kager Tanks because it has coils at the bottom and the top and I thought that must make for some great vaping. They are the only ones that I have seen that have Pyrex glass tanks and was wondering if yall could tell me the importance of that. Also your input on the Kager tanks and if the bottom and top coils is a good thing.

Which Kanger tanks have the coils at the top and the bottom? Are they inside the same tank, or are you asking about which type (top or bottom) is the "best" one?

I like both. Some top ones are preferred for different juices while other bottom feeders are better for me with other juices. The pyrex glass tanks are good (like the Pro Tank), for those who like juices high in citrus and/or cinnamon because they won't crack. These types of juices sometimes (not often) can crack a plastic tank.

I was looking at the Pro Tank. I thought it had coils on top and bottom. But I went back and read it and it is only at the bottom. I do notice that when my juice gets low the vaping does not taste as good or as strong. That is why I thought a bottom coil would be good. It is very pretty and almost as big as the Viva Nova at 2.5ml. Have you tried it and do you still prefer the Viva Nova?

I have both and like both. The Pro Tank has a very airy draw, but if I cover up a few of the air holes it works perfectly for me. LOTS of vapor and very inexpensive replacement coils. They use the same ones that fit on an EVOD. :)

If they ever made a tank with coils on the top and bottom you'd most likely get dry hits from the top - totally redundant and unnecessary in my opinion. :D

Edited by Tameiki

I was looking at the Pro Tank. I thought it had coils on top and bottom. But I went back and read it and it is only at the bottom. I do notice that when my juice gets low the vaping does not taste as good or as strong. That is why I thought a bottom coil would be good. It is very pretty and almost as big as the Viva Nova at 2.5ml. Have you tried it and do you still prefer the Viva Nova?

Pro tank is very pretty especially on top of a big chrome mod, but very top heavy on an ego twist 1100, agree with Tam lots of vapor!

I am using the Viva Nova now. It can't be any more top heavy then that can it? I am using an eGo Twist 1100 and 2 eGo k 1100 batteries so will I need to buy the 510 to eGo Connector if I do buy the Kanger Protank? Also, I've been looking at pretty miscellaneous items like turn able mouth pieces ( drip tips ),mouth piece connectors, cones, etc. Will I be able to add these gadgets to this?

The Pro Tank will fit on your eGo without having to use any adapters. The mouth piece is fixed so you won't need a drip tip (and can't use it). It comes with a collar to help hide the threads of your battery - otherwise, it's pretty much self contained. Nothing extra needed other than juice.

And yes, because pyrex is heavier than plastic, it's heavier than a Vivi Nova. :)

A mod is a modified battery so a big chrome mod is a big chrome battery.

OK, so what problems does a top heavy e-cig create? I don't like laying mine down so I have been sitting it in a cup at home and in my pen holder on my desk at work. I saw a really cute holder on one of these sites but cannot remember which one and can't find it now. It was round, very colorful with three color choices and had three holes in the top. Now there is a place that the top heaviness may be a problem, if this holder is not heavy enough to hold it down.

And Proetus, I think I may be like you and want to be able to change out my drip tip-mouth piece. I think the Kanger Protank has a permanent mouth piece also, at least it looks like it on the pic. There are so many cute, pretty and unique drip tips-mouth pieces I don't think I want to be limited to just the one that is built on. And, am correct that a drip tip and a mouth piece is the same thing? I do not know what dripping is.

I am sorry Tam, you sure did but it got by without me reading that or at least I don't remember reading it. I guess it is one of those things that require a visual because I still don't understand. It does not sound like something I see or hear of people doing so it does not matter. The name makes you think that someone is dripping the juice directly in their mouth. YUCK! Thank you for your patience. Have a blessed day!

I am sorry Tam, you sure did but it got by without me reading that or at least I don't remember reading it. I guess it is one of those things that require a visual because I still don't understand. It does not sound like something I see or hear of people doing so it does not matter. The name makes you think that someone is dripping the juice directly in their mouth. YUCK! Thank you for your patience. Have a blessed day!

No problem, Patricia. Just wanted to make sure you got the answer you were looking for. Direct dripping is the best method to taste the true flavor of your juice without any muting. That's because it doesn't go through a wick first, it gets dripped directly onto the heating coil.

After Kitsune got me started I mostly direct drip for vaping and only use tanks or clearomizers when I'm driving for safety factors. There's a learning curve associated with direct dripping but worth it when you taste the flavor the way it's meant to be. :D

Tam,

I am almost sure I am going to order the Kager Protank on my next payday. Since you know about this device could you tell me if I would be wasting my money if I also buy these extra gadgets I want shearly for style and beauty. If they don't fit or work on the Protank I need to know before ordering them. These are the items I am looking at buying:

510 angled tip adapter

stainless rotating drip tip

large ming drip tip mouth piece 510.

Also, I need to buy some 10ml and 30ml filling bottles. Where can I get some sturdy ones. The one that came with my kit is very thin and flimsy. If it gets hot in my car it almost melts causing me to loose juice.

If you're thinking of buying these things for the Pro Tank you're wasting your money because it's not designed to be customized like that. You use it straight out of the box after filling it with juice. All you want to do is to make sure everything is tightened (not too tight) so you don't get leaking.

Those three things you want to buy will work if you're direct dripping and/or if you're using a cartomizer.

I get glass bottles to use with many of my juices at Specialty Bottles http://www.specialtybottle.com/

Other vendors sell the empty plastic bottles if that's what you're looking for. I prefer glass whenever I need to transfer a juice to something other than the original it came in. :)

You see there how much money you saved me? I just can't do the cartomizer thing because I have to keep filling it up at work. It just does not hold enough juice. Thanks for the link to the glass bottles also. I bet they wont melt in my car.