Difference in an Atonomizer and a Cartlidge.

I was looking at a cone to cover my atonomizer then I saw a kit that looks like you need it in order to use a cone. The kit containes

1x 510 Atomizer

5x 510 Cartridges (emtpy ready to fill)

1X Cone (atomizer cover) to be used with any ego battery

I am totally confused. The only kit I have purchased has the battery, The thing I fill with liquid, which I think is the atonomizer and the charger. Can someone please explain the best way to vaper? Like which kind of unit is best and the parts I need to put it together. I am trying to get the vaper as strong as possible so that is the type of unit I am trying to obtain. I have used all of the suggestions on here to make it stronger. It did get better, but still need more if I can get it. Thanks for your advice.

An atomizer is a heating element that attaches to the battery. The cartridge is filled with filler, the liquid is added to the filler...attached to the atomizer, the atomizer then heats the liquid and produces vapour.

Atomizer and cartridge system has never worked well. These days the atomizer is used best for dripping (a whole different process).

The cone will fit over the atomizer/cartridge or a cartomizer.

Personally I recommend the vivi nova on an ego battery. very easy to use and works very well....no cone needed.

The vivi Nova--fill, screw onto ego battery and vape...its that easy. If you go this route, I suggest buying extra coils.

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/viva-nova-starter-tank/

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/

this one is from the vapor talk store....great service and product, fast too.

I also like http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ .

Thank you for the great advice. I see that there are 3 sizes of the coils that come with the viva nova. I just quit smoking and I was a heavy smoker. What size replacement coils do you suggest I get. The only ones I saw on the first link you sent me was the middle of the line coils, called normal. Also, is there only one size/type of viva nova to buy? I am going to order the Viva Nova and the replacement coils as you suggested. As you can tell I am new to vaping and there is so much information and different ways to go, Choices between kits, and all the different parts to have to decide what is the best way to go. I really am not stressing over flavors, I am just sticking with the strongest I have found so far, Kool menthol. I'm affraid if it is not strong enough to satisfy my craving I will slip back into smoking and I really dont want to smoke ever again. So I thank you very much for narrowing down this cluster of information for me.

Yes to all of Kitsune's advice. I second them! The regular Vivi Nova is rather large-ish. The Vivi Nova Mini holds less e-liquid and is smaller around, it doesn't look so top heavy on my eGo batteries. YMMV.

You also can't go wrong ordering anything from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. You get great quality stuff and his customer service is even better!

The coils have different ohm choices. The lower the ohm number the hotter the vape. Since you're looking for something "strong", I would suggest getting the lower ohm rating. Plus, when you buy e-liquid, the higher percentage of PG and/or nicotine, the stronger the throat hit. More VG = more vapor, smoother throat hit. There are many good vendors out there where you can customize each of their juices. My favorite is EC Blends. They also let you choose extra flavor, sweetner, added shots of different flavors, the list of things you can customize is endless. Whenever I try new things from them I buy a $2.99 bottle of 5 ml so I can see if I like it or not before getting a bigger bottle. :)

Edited by Tameiki

Where can I go to buy the 1.8 OHM coils? Vapor Talk only has the 2.8 OHM. How long does each coil last for a heavy user? I'm guessing I should order more than 1 at a time. Any suggestion on the best battery to buy? And any suggestions on a good and strong menthol juice will be appreciated. Thanks again for your guidance.

Brian at The Veteran Vaper has 1.8 ohm coils for the Vivi Nova. http://www.theveteranvaper.com/vivi-nova-long-wick-replacement-coil/

The "best" anything in vaping is very subjective. What one person loves, another can't stand. I'm very partial to the Vision Spinner myself. It's nearly identical to the eGo Twist except the Spinner's numbers are easier to see so you know at a glance what voltage you're vaping at.

Sorry, no help on the menthol juice but my preferred online store for that would be EC Blends. Hope that helps a bit! :)