Nightmares & Restless Legs?

Jessa

What gives?

I've had a very realistic nightmare for the past 3 nights (even had one during a nap). I'm guessing it's the nicotine? I've heard of people having vivid dreams while on the patch. Is it common with e-cig users?

Also, last night my legs were so restless that I wanted to get out of bed and run a mile or two at 2 am in the morning. It was horrible.

I'm sorry I didn't take the time to search before asking my question...I'm just too tired this morning, LOL. I didn't fall asleep til almost 3.

It is noted by a few members on a few different forums that vaping right before bed causes vivid dreams. (Not bad dreams just more vivid. Your brain seems to still decided what type of dream it's going to be.)

If I was you I would put down your ecig about an hour or so before going to bed. If your having constant bad dreams then try something that would set your mind in another state before you sleep, such as a romantic book or a funny story. Perhaps even a funny movie. You could also use a "rain maker." (You know this little sound machines that make rain? You can pick one up from Wal Mart for about 20 bucks)

As for the wanting to run, that to me sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome or RLS. I don't think it's caused by using the ecig but again I'm not a doctor. You can find more info about RLS by clicking Here.

Also have a look at our "Common Symptoms When Vaping" topic in the FAQ section: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1713-common-symptoms-when-vaping/

Hope that helps :D

It is noted by a few members on a few different forums that vaping right before bed causes vivid dreams. (Not bad dreams just more vivid. Your brain seems to still decided what type of dream it's going to be.)

If I was you I would put down your ecig about an hour or so before going to bed. If your having constant bad dreams then try something that would set your mind in another state before you sleep, such as a romantic book or a funny story. Perhaps even a funny movie. You could also use a "rain maker." (You know this little sound machines that make rain? You can pick one up from Wal Mart for about 20 bucks)

As for the wanting to run, that to me sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome or RLS. I don't think it's caused by using the ecig but again I'm not a doctor. You can find more info about RLS by clicking Here.

Also have a look at our "Common Symptoms When Vaping" topic in the FAQ section: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1713-common-symptoms-when-vaping/

Hope that helps :D

Thanks. I'll make sure not to vape near bedtime, LOL. As for my legs, I find it very strange that this came out of nowhere. I've never had it before. On the plus side, working out never felt so good, haha.

I've noticed nothing different from switching from analog to e-cigs. Dreams and sleep have been fine. If anything, I've been falling asleep faster compared to when I just to smoke an analog before bed. Good luck!

Well, didn't have another nightmare. I stopped vaping 3 hours before bed. That definitely helped, I think. My legs still feel a little restless, but I worked out for an hour yesterday, and hubby massaged them before bed and that seemed to help. I had no trouble falling asleep.

They feel "prickly" almost, like they're asleep or something. It's really bizarre and annoying.

I strongly suggest you see your doctor about it. Anytime someone feels a constant "prickly" feeling in their body or what some people call "pins and needles" is usually a sign of interrupted blood flow. Stop by the doc and see what he says.

Better to be safe than dead. :)

I strongly suggest you see your doctor about it. Anytime someone feels a constant "prickly" feeling in their body or what some people call "pins and needles" is usually a sign of interrupted blood flow. Stop by the doc and see what he says.

Better to be safe than dead. :)

Hmm. My symptoms seem to fit into the RLS category, according to their list of symptoms. I just had my husband pick up some Hyland's Restful Legs...it has a 5 star rating, so I guess they should help. If they don't, I'll be calling the doctor for sure. :)

Hi Jessa.I feel yer pain girl!I have RLS.My Dr. says it's connected with nerve damage(at least in my case)The cure none,the treatment is usually clonopin,lunesta,or along that line.As far as the vivid(I assume you mean lucid)dreaming,my meds can bring that on.People think it's cool,but I think you've learned IT AIN'T !!! My point being that I haven't noticed either problem.I do agree with Chris though,Go to a Dr. NOW !!!!! If it is a nerve problem be smart and get it seen too ASAP!Hope you feel better soon :doctor: (too cute huh?)

Vari