Super Hot

Gazoo

my hubby has a 510 atty that melts his carts iit seems to work fine just has like a hot spot will it hurt anything (other than the cart of course) to continue to use it

60647.png

Try letting it cool down for a few seconds between drags. When it heats up after two or three drags just don't hit it for 10 seconds or so until it cools down. It getting hot shouldn't hurt anything as long as you have plenty of juice in it. I have a 901 that gets hot and melted the end of the cart, but I direct drip and it doesn't have any of the poly-fill fibers in it. If you are tasting a burnt taste then probably fibers are getting on the heater and melting. If this happens poke the fibers a little farther into the cart. You might also want to try direct dripping, it works best for me and many on this forum.

By the way, Welcome to VaporTalk, we're pretty friendly here and welcome any questions you might have.

Welcome to the land of Vapor Talk!

Just tell him to let it cool down every so often and don't over do it. The 510 is known for getting pretty hot. Another thing to note that most people don't notice is the way the cart is shaped. If you look at the button of the cart you will notice it's not perfectly circle. It's more of a rectangle shape, it's designed like this for a reason. Make sure your not accidentally putting the long sides of the cart on the mesh of the atomizer. It's hard to explain using only text, but if you have a look at the shape of the atomizer inside and the button of the cart you should be able to put 2 and 2 together :D (I think it was a stupid design to be honest but it is what it is)

Yea my 510 gets rather hot as well. Though ive never had the problem with the atty burning the plastic cart. I would try ordering some blank carts from a different supplier than you got your 510 from, maybe they might be slightly too big? :rofl: I can usually get about 5 drags from my 510 in a row before i set it down and let it cool off for about 30-45 seconds, seems to work good that way.

510s seem to get really hot compared to like an 801. It's probably a size thing. Sometimes, I'll just take a drag, count to 10, take another drag, etc. Sometimes you can even put your fingers on the atty and cool it down a bit between drags. If it's melting plastic, I'm think that's a bad atomizer. Maybe a short in it?