Pc Gamer Reviews. (Mmo Rpg's)

Sinikal

WoW all the way... I have tried several others EQ 1&2, CoH/CoV, EVE, and was in the open beta for Champions. None of these hits that sweet spot that WoW does, dunno why. I wanted to like Champions it just wasn't that great.

The only game that might detract from the WoW fanbase is AION, and they are mostly going to get the PvP centric players, as I have heard the PvE sucks.

I'm not really a Blizz fanboy or what have you, I just have a nice tight knit friend guild we farm heroics and give each other hell on vent. I imagine that if my friends played another game that is where I would be. In closing I belive that is why there is no such thing as a WoW killer it is a freak of the MMO gaming space, too many people play it then get their friends to play, oh and it's fun. :gun:

Also note that the Star Wars MMO that Bioware is developing might have the chutzpah to it... if it doesn't suck! :o

Yea im looking forward to Star Wars Knights of the Republic. SOE F'ed tha crap outta Star Wars Galaxies.

I also play WoW. 80DK, 80Pal, 80War. Ive also played every single game listed on the poll, minus Fallen Earth because it just came out. So far World of Warcraft has done it best. But i think WoW just spoiled me with MMO's. I was used to auto attacking in EQ and it taking 3mins to kill a mob with no quests to get xp just grinding. Like hell there was windriders and mounts, yet alone an auction house!

When it comes to MMORPG'S, when a new one gets released everyone says its a WOW copy cat when in fact, WOW copied the basics from Everquest and other MMO's and ADVANCED it. Why beat down on other companies? They arent trying NOT TO MAKE A BETTER MMO, but a MMO EQUALLY FUN with a DIFFERENT SETTING and DIFFERENT OPTIONS. Unless these companies bring in hundreds of millions of dollars a year like blizzard, its going to be hard to develop a game that draws attention away from the MEGA RPG. The most these companies want to do is steal some WoW heads to make a decent player base for there measilly 10-15 $ per month subscriptions. Consider WoW the president, you cant just go up and slap him in the face! WoW is UNTOUCHABLE :fish:

Its hard for gamers to deal with change when 3/4's of MMORPG players are playing wow, and have been for 4-5 years, to throw away countless hours of playing your wow toons, and meeting your wow friends, and gearing your guild enough to run heroic raids. Its just not going to happen.

The only way that WoW players are going to stray from wow is if they come out with WORLD OF WARCRAFT 2. I just think wow players are spoiled, such as I. And its not that we cant find a better game, its because we dont want to! Something about the barrens....Chuck Norris....and the way Orcs dance, keep us drawn into this game like a morning cup of coffee. :icecream:

chuckwoweq9.jpg

Though i know WoW CANNOT last forever, every MMO has a life expectancy of 5-6 years before it gets eaten up by the latest and greatest. I wonder what that would be? :blink: BUT in the meantime..... suck in the warcraft, and fork out the cash, because WoW is as good as it gets ladies and gentleman! :wave:

played everquest, wow, guild wars. none of them do it for me like City of Heroes. if i want to play a 'fantasy' adventure game, ill play D&D 1st edition paper game.

CoH/CoV can get a little boring cuz the missions are all the same reguardless of charactor type, but it everything else that makes the game worth-while. the charactor generator allows you to create a near infinite different combinations of look to your charactor. and look doesnt determine what you charactor does. i can be 3 foot tall school girl and crush everything in my path, or a 7 foot tall robot that has more 'spells' than a wizard. you can customize the look of your powers; green fire and pink lightning. custom mission maker; dont use it much, but its a neat idea. plus the players are easy to get a long with.

is it a wow killer, nope. but could be if everyone wasnt hung up on fantasy games