Hurricane Readiness

Fenwick

I live in Orlando Florida, and I just want to remind everyone else on the East Coast: Its still hurricane season.

About 5 years ago, we had four hurricanes roll through central Florida. The power grid was crippled. Some areas were without power for weeks. Even 7-11 was closed at one point! I remember because I forgot to stock up on cigarettes and was close to massacring my family. Funny thing was latter that winter I put on a leather jacket from the back of the closet and found an unopened pack of smokes.

Heres the thing if the power goes out in addition to stocking up water and canned goods, dont forget your e-cig needs electricity.

My plan is to enough charged batteries to weather the storm and a back up pack of analogs, but if anyone else any ideas Im listening.

Does the Janty Stick take regular AAAs? Because that would be the thing. A Janty Stick and mega pack of AAA batteries.

Oh, yeah the mail wasn't running either...so better keep extra juice on hand.

Edited by Fenwick

This is actually a REALLY good topic. In fact it was brought up a few months back. I suggest a number of things to keep on hand:

1. Some type of UPS. For example the power strips that are used to power computers for up to 10 minutes during an outage (long enough to save your files) should last MUCH longer with using only ecig charger. APC is a well known company: http://www.apc.com/index.cfm

2. Get some type of power inverter that allows you to plug in your ecig into the cigarette light in the car. (Ironic hu)

3. You can also pick up USB power packs from Best Buy for about 80 bucks or so that should keep you going for a while.

4. Oh, water and food would be a good idea too

Also the Janty stick DOES NOT taking normal AAA batteries. I'm at work right now so I don't have the model off hand but I'm sure you kinda find it on Janty USA's website, or another member can post the info if they have a Janty Battery on hand :)

Two of my kits have USB chargers and I bought a duel usb plug for my car that will charge everything I have need for Phones,E-cigs,Etc..I saw a cheap one in wally world for 10 dollars with a usb and 2 12v splitter was kinda big but should work...Best buy had a duel USB for 20 and another for 26...with the duels you can only plug two standard usb cords in at same time..one of my chargers has a box config but with a usb extension i can charge 2 things with it ..

May help ya out and will do many other things ..they also have cheap dc/ac inverters not sure what watts you will need for the mains AC chargers...

Lighthound.com has the batteries you need and a charger if you want one...

I have ordered from this vendor and his service is prompt and courteous! B)

(EDIT) I would highly suggest getting the protected batteries. :shiftyninja:

Edited by MunkusBFunky

Yup that's the model. I don't think they have any 360mah in the states but I'm sure other MAH levels would work so long as the battery fits. Don't hold me to it though. (Vegas you work late as well? Your on the forum almost as much as I am :) )

MAH rating is not a problem. As long as the battery will fit, it could be 36000mah and still work just fine. That would rock actually since it would last almost a lifetime, but I think it would be about the size of a bulls *** :blush:

Diggs

Fenwick

I live in Cocoa Florida...5 yrs ago after being with out power we went to Orlando and stayed in a hotel off I-drive...found 1 store open...for the price they were charging for a pack of smokes, you would think they could have at least used some lube :)

This is actually a REALLY good topic. In fact it was brought up a few months back. I suggest a number of things to keep on hand:

2. Get some type of power inverter that allows you to plug in your ecig into the cigarette light in the car. (Ironic hu)

I think the car charger idea is a really good way to go as well and you can get them really cheap. Here is a link to some different kinds of converters you can use:

DC to USB

AC to USB

AC to DC

Let me know if I missed any you may be interested in. :thumbsup: