Made Yet Another Box

mega

Nice work.It is kind of fun knockin those box mods out.I must have 10 or 12 around here with 801,510 and 901 connectors.Mine are all 3.7 volts though,even the ones with 2 batteries.

thank you. one of these days im gonna design a really nice one. maybe as nice as that one I keep seeing thats chrome and engraved. ss something. this ones 3.6 volts but it seems to always pump out 3.86 so i guess im happy with this one lol. I dont know why but making these are addictive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have built a couple of these with 510 connectors but can't find good enough batteries in my area to produce enough vapor to make me happy

I have built a couple of these with 510 connectors but can't find good enough batteries in my area to produce enough vapor to make me happy

• 2 weeks later...

... this ones 3.6 volts but it seems to always pump out 3.86 so i guess im happy with this one lol. I dont know why but making these are addictive.

You need to test the volts under load (vaping volts).

3 NiMHs just don't cut it.

Here's a quick test. These batteries (4AA) came off the charger at ~5.5V.

4AA_2_ohm_.jpg

Here's what happens with a 2Ω load. Again note 4 AAs.

If you are using NiMHs you could get some of these AAs instead.

You will need the correct charger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BPI-4-X-NIzn-NI-ZN-1-6V-2500mAh-AA-Rechargeable-Battery-AA-AAA-Charger-/400535307947?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item5d41c3c6ab

They have a higher voltage, they come off the charger @ ~1.67V, and sag less under load.

Edited by WillBlack