Diy Kahlua Coffee Flavoring

bamsbbq

you can use any coffee you want, i just happened to find the small pkgs at Target for a $1.

this is what i used, YMMV:

coffee filter

PG (and a little VG)

coffee - 1.5oz pkg or 42grams

small container( smallest ziplock container i could find at walmart - 6 to a pack)

pot for water bath

something to strain your liquid into(i used a glass with a filter taped on the of it.)

get a small pot with water in it boiling, enough water so that your container can sit in it without being engulfed by the water. once boiling turn down to low until the next step is done.

pour the coffee into the ziplock container and then pour equal amounts of PG on top of the grounds. i gave it a little stir. I microwaved for 15-20 seconds because i was using a larger amouint of liquid than others that have posted before.

Place the container into the hot water, here i added a small amount of VG. Let it sit in the water bath for 20 minutes.

Strain. Some let it sit overnight but i didnt.

5x3hnb.jpg

the flavor is like a strong black coffee...i am a cream & sugar in my coffee kinda guy, so as soon as i get some bavarian cream or similar and some sweetener, it will be better for me.

• 2 weeks later...

or you can do what I did.... Buy Kahlua Coffee Flavoring directly from TPA... lol so much easier. I like it with vanilla or Barviarian Cream.

but soooooo much cheaper to do it this way and you know exactly what is in it.

it cost me about $1.50 on the very very high side...20 minutes of time and had more than enough to share with friends :)

and i got the satisfaction of knowing that there hasnt been one person who said it didnt taste good :)

• 4 weeks later...