Lavatube

Jeffb

I was lucky enough to get on the preorder list and received my Lavatube this week. I only bought the tube and the price was $69. I thought that was a good deal for a VV mod.

I already have a Provari and I find myself comparing the two. Essentially the Lavatube is a Chinese knock off of the Provari. That being said the Provari has more bells and whistles and feels like it's better made.

DSC00166-1.jpg

The Lavatube is light in weight even with the 18650 batt in it. It takes an AW IMR 18650, the 18650 I bought from ProVape is too long and does not fit. The voltage is adjustable from 3 volts to 6 volts. The up and down control buttons are a little small but easy to use. The unit also has an on/off button which comes in handy when I have the PV in my pocket. The power button feels good and has a nice click to it. There is a nice juice well on top.

I have been vaping at 5 Volts with my standard Joye 510 atty and its been hitting like a beast. I also been using the MAP tank with the DC carto at 4.2 volts and its working great.

DSC00165-1.jpg

I've only had the unit for a couple of days and have not had any issues yet. I don't want to recommend it yet to anyone because I'm not sure if there will be issues in the future. Its a new mod and hasn't been put through the ringer yet. For those of you that want an entry level VV you can't beat the $69 price tag. I believe the complete set up with batteries & charger is around $100. It comes with a 1 year warranty. I checked on the Volacano E-cigs website and the Lavatube is not for sale yet but should be available in the next couple of weeks.

It takes an AW IMR 18650, the 18650 I bought from ProVape is too long and does not fit.

I don't understand this. The 18650 you got from Provape was not an AW IMR?

How does the weight compare to the Joker? I'm guessing it's somewhere in between the Joker and Provari.

Glad it's working good for you so far, Jeffb. I hope it holds up and that you're able to add a recommendation review. I want one! But will wait til 1. the funds are in and 2. the recommendation reviews are in.

One thing I noticed today thats a little frustrating is that when you put in a new batt it resets the voltage back to 3V.

No nonvolatile memory when the power/battery is completely disconnected. As long as it keeps the presets when the battery is in, its ok! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love my lava tube but I so have a few complaints

1. The button is in an awkward place. Its not bad but it could be a little bit higher

2. The button doesn't fire every time. I have had the button not fire when pressed at least 3 times a day. This is my main turn off on the lava tube. The button. Is very inconsistent(but very clicky which I love :) )

3. Its a lonnnnng pv. Not horrible but with a tank its damn long

Those are my only 3 complaints. My only other vv mod was the original buzz and I liked it way more..however foe a $70 vv tube mod you cannot beat the lava tube. It is a fantastic pv that I have really enjoyed using...it does have its flaws though.

With the exception of those few complaints this is hands down the best vv mod on the market for the price. The provari may look nice but I got to try one tonight and it is the biggest pain in the *** vv mod I have ever used. If you like adjusting voltage to taste the lava tube is perfect! Changing the voltage on the provari to taste is horrrrrrible.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Also...no offence to anyone with a provari...it is a beautiful mod. After trying it tonight I like the lava tube better. It may not have all the bells ans whistles of a provari but it is much easier to adjust voltage to taste. Instead of having to press a button 5 times...choose voltage up(or down), adjust, and wait I can change my voltage on the fly.

I do wish I still my og buzz...best mod I have ever used.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines