Im Apparently A Long Term Noob...help Me Please!

pyrosys

I have been trying to switch over to vaping completely of over a year. I have purchased multiple models of ecigs all over the board. Battery wise has obivously been a problem as i am/was/less now 2 pack a day newport smoker. No matter the model or battery config my atomizers loose their great vapor production after a day or less. Now I know i am doing something wrong i have to be! So i will go in depth on my current setup and e-liquid mixing over the past year.

Current device is a SD mkII from totallwicked using a dse 901 mini atomizer.

I don't know what you could do to ruin an atty in a day or less. I still have all the attys I bought from when I started. Some of the older ones don't work perfect, but they still work.

I quit attys after my first month of vaping. I use cartos now. When they quit working well, just toss them. I don't really have a favorite carto as they all vape a little different. I use Boge LRs on big battery mods at 3.7v and dual coils on my 5-6v mods. I just got a Provari so I ordered some Boge SR to play around with voltage.

Ok well miss click.....continued.....

Using a new atty i get loads of vapor and taste, battery life lasts all day easily, simply amazing.

BUT after a a day and half the vapor output drops harshly to the point of not even usable. The atty is still heating up but the vapor out put is extremely pore.

In the beginning I was dripping and i quickly assumed that that was the cause IE: clogging the atty. But I quit that habit and simply refilled carts and yes i made sure not the over saturate. Still same result.

AS for e-liquid I began with pg but found quickly that one of my cats is allergic and her hair falls out. (yes i laughed to) So I switched to VG base liquid. After reading about how vg is bad about wicking and clogs atties faster i decided "she'll be aight" and began blending. I have tried so many blending ratios its stupid and still my atties do the same....

I have tried the boiling method of cleaning, vinegar, alcohol, dry burning, even baked em in the oven for the hell of it. They have never recovered. I have at this point over 50 in this crap state.

Someone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong. I will be forever grateful

I never had much luck cleaning attys. I still recommend cartomizers. Use them until the performance drops off, them chuck them. Buy them in bulk to save on cash. Still cheaper than smokes. I like 80/20 PG/VG which works great in cartos but I have been vaping 100%VG Boba's and it works OK in cartos. I can get a carto to last at least a week using 80/20 and about 3-4 days with VG.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with attys. As you know, when they work, they provide clean flavor and great vapor. I've never used a 901 yet, (but am interested in the EmpireMods one and will get one eventually).

With your track record with attys, I would follow Jeffb's suggestion and pick up a 901-510 adapter and try the 510's or 306's. (JOYE and Cisco).

I would also invest in some good carto's from Boge or Smoketeck. You can even use the EMDCC's (ego mega dual coil cartomizer) on your screwdriver if you get a 901 to ego adapter.

The new DUAL cartomizers are great, whether they be ego, Smoketek, or boge. Try the Resserecters. I hear nothing but good things about those too. (haven't tried them yet, but plan to).

Edited by Uma

I would say it is your liquid.I have had several very tasty domestic e-liquids that could carbon up an atty in a day.You might try some KR808 cartomisers,they should fit your 901 connection.I would also recomend getting some liquid from VaporTalk or Dekang from MadVapes or LiteCigUSA.Also not likely the PG is making the cats hair fall out unless the kitty is bathing in it.I have used those liquids with 901's and got several weeks use at 3.7 to 4 volts.Also make sure you are getiing SLB 901's and not Bauway's.The only issue I have with 901's is they need to be blown out frquently to prevent leakage.Or get a drip shield.

Edited by mcquinn