How To Reduce Th?

ITsAnTi

That depends on what type of feeling your getting and what the percent of ingredients there are in your liquid. If you have a burning throat hit it may be due to some additive some flavors are made with. Most e-juice is a mixture of liquid nicotine, FDA approved flavorings like those used in baking and propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) or both. Sometimes too strong liquid nicotine can cause throat discomfort too. Many people find VG smooths out the TH. VG also has the effect of making the vapor thicker and fuller when you exhale. On the down side VG can reduce the flavor a little bit or all together depending on how much you use. Depending on the type of e-cig you have you may not be able to add VG to your liquid to smooth it out. Some pre-filled e-juice cartridges are not refillable.

If you have the type that can be refilled you may want to try adding a drop of two to your liquid if you can find VG locally. That's a tough order. Most people order VG over the net. You may be able to find it at a health food store or pharmacist listed as USP grade vegetable glycerin. You may have to call around to find the best price but its cheap and a bottle say 16 oz's will last you forever. I have read that you can buy the Humco brand USP Glycerin for about $3 dollars for a 177ml bottle at Walmart. It may just say glycerin on the label and should be found in the skin care department.

If you cannot add VG to your liquid you may have to see if you can buy your pre-filled cartridges with a little more ratio of VG in them than they have now. other than that, I don't know what might help in a pinch if you need relief fast. Someone else may have a good answer for this.

Edited by Electric Rider

I agree about adding VG if your nic is the correct amount for you. Personally, I like to keep on hand a VG tobacco and a PG tobacco and mix as needed for the day. I'm finicky at times. But by adding the same flavors together, I am assured of not wrecking the flavor, whether it be tobacco, fruit, beverage or desert. I mix it in a new empty bottle, of course. When a carto takes 20 drops, I'll start with 16 drops of pg and 4 vg, shake, and drip on an atty to test before filling a carto. Some juices require the opposite before I'm done lol, such as 4 pg and 16 vg, and this I'll usually just direct drip due to it's thickness. Overall, It usually only takes a few drops to settle a TH for me and I haven't diluted the flavor. If you can't find a vg in your flavor, then use the food grade vg to mix. There are a lot of vendors who specialize in VG flavors and it shouldn't be too hard to stock up on your main types of flavors.

Don't try to inhale straight to your lungs like with an analog.Get a mouthfull of vapor then inhale.

Do people really inhale an analog directly into their lungs? Really? That's crazy! Why??

I've never seen a 'smoker' inhale like that on a regular basis!

I guess I thought the 'right way to inhale' was into the mouth THEN into the lungs? LOL.

Edited by DAYVAPE