Allergic To Vg?

mjradik

I heard a small population is allergic to PG, but what about VG? So I’ve been vaping for 2 weeks now, all 12-18mg 100% PG. I wanted to try some VG, to see what it was like and also to thicken my juices.

I ordered plain 60mg nic juice 50/50 PG/VG Mix. I mixed 12ml of that with 48ml plain PG. That should give me 12mg plain juice with 10% VG content. I mixed it very well.

Yesterday, I put some of that in a small container, put in some flavoring, and started vaping. I prolly only vaped 0.25-0.5ml when I just start to feel ‘off’, and my chest started to hurt a little. I stopped. So today I feel better. But not sure what the problem is.

I figured it could be one of three things. I’m having a reaction to the VG. OR the plain nic juice I bought is much stronger than 60mg, so my final fix is much stronger than the target 12mg, OR maybe, if even possible, some of the pg/vg nic solution did not dissolve all the way in the plain PG, and I was unlucky and tried to vape that 60mg portion. (but I mixed it very well, several times)

I cannot test the my nic content because none of the local pool supply stores carry the chemicals I need. I’m really curious what the nic content of the juice I created is.

Could I be having a reaction to the VG? Can this all be in my head? I reverted back to my plain PG juice for now, but of course, now that I got this in my head, i think I feel off when I'm vaping..

Also, the funny thing is, nicotine withdraw symptoms are simular to nicotine poisoning. And its been 1 week since I totally quit analogs, and been trying to vape lower 12mg juice, so I could be getting not enough nicotine, or got too much from the batch last night... dunno.

Any Thoughts? Thanks.

Any chance that because you were testing something new you vaped much more than normal? I know in the early days of vaping for me I got that queasy feeling several times due to vaping to much.

Yea, that is always a possibility. I got another quesiton to throw out there. Is there any one here that has the supplies to test the nicotine strength? I'll ship you a couple ML, and you can test for me? Like I said, no local stores near me carry .12N acid or bromothyol blue. My juice is suposed to be 12mg. I just want to make sure it really is 12, or close to it before I vape any more of it. You can just PM me you address and I'll get it shipped out asap. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Just wanted to give an update. I ordered the nicotine testing materials on the web. I received them. To make a long story short, the base nic juice ended up being about 90mg, not 60. Also, due to user error, I made my juice incorrectly. My juice that I vapped ended up being over 30mg, not 12, like I wanted. Since I was already vaping through out the day, and vapped some strong stuff compared to what I was used to, I'm sure that what was causing the problem. I made new juice, and tested to be closer to 15mg with about 8%vg, and been vaping it for 2 days now with no problems...

well the link to HOW to test the nicotine is below. However, .12N acid and bromothyol blue is not avialable anywhere locally for me. So I ordered it from amazon from a 'Taylor' supplier. (USA General)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/43988-simple-easy-diy-test-mg-ml-nicotine-follow-up-dvaps-method.html

Goto amazon or anywhere else for the following.

'Taylor R-1003H-A - Bromthymol Blue Indicator .75 Oz ' http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BGROEY

'Taylor Replacement Reagents Sulfuric Acid #9 ' http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IXIPO

I also got an Inexpensive graduated cylinder. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VBW3RO (but of course it cost more to ship than to buy it lol)

You might want to shell out the extra $10 and get a nice glass cylinder.

FYI on sizes. The acid comes in larger/smaller sizes. Depending on the nic strength, you can use 0.5 to 2+ ml of acid per test. so if you buy the 60ml size it will give you about 60 tests or so. Only 2 drops of the blue are used per test, so the 22ml size will give you almost 500 tests lol..

A gallon of distilled water can be purchased at you local grocery store for a $1. And if you make your own juices, I'm going to assume you already have pipettes/syringes/etc for proper measurements.

A note on testing. Cut off a piece a wire hanger, or other thin metal wire to use to STIR the mixture. ‘Swirling’ it doesn’t work that well because its tough to get the thick juice to mix with the water/acid. You can ‘shake’ it, but that introduces air bubbles which will throw off your measurements by a .1ml or so.

Its funny because the supplies only cost $16, but its like $12 to ship, lol.. I was thinking about buying the supplies in bulk (to save on shipping), and selling them on ebay for like $20. I think some people did that a year or so ago. But I would only do it if there is plenty of interest. It’s a win/win for everyone because they will save $$ from buying the supplies from different suppliers and paying too much for shipping.

I haven’t checked to see if some of these DYI ejuice web sites sell the supplies, but I don’t think they do. I know myfreedomsmokes sells nice glass graduated cylinders, but not the acid/blue.