Ego And Riva Batts

I wanted to see if there was anything new on this topic:

and found a couple of unrelated vids that are interesting. As I've said before, you just don't know what you're getting. Are they the same? Maybe the Riva is just made to say Joye on it. Who knows.

I've always wondered if the Riva and eGo had the same internal parts. And yes, with these findings, the eGo booster should work on the Riva, as well as the eGo since both "seem" to be the same battery and switch circuit. Unless the switch circuit is slightly different in some way. I'd guess that the PWM on the eGo is because of the switching circuit difference. I'd have to see for myself that the switching circuit is exactly the same though. Very interesting post!!!!!! :) (Reading VT posts is a GREAT way to spend an otherwise boring weekend!)

hu I'm going to send these videos over to the factory and ask why on earth our wholesale costs are so high if the Riva is pretty much the same thing...

The only thing I wonder is whether or not the batteries are the same. What I mean by this is that China is known for printing just about anything on their batteries. I remember we ordered some Li Po batteries for the mods we used to sell. When they arrived, after some testing, it turned out they where just standard Li Ion batteries that where marked incorrectly in an effort to charge more money. I'm wondering if the company that makes Riva marks the batteries Joye Tech as a placement for the model they are trying to imitate.

I doubt it. But if this video is indeed correct, it means Joye Tech's got some answering to do. Perhaps Joye Tech sells the batteries out wholesale to other companies.

Either way though, I have heard from people in my local area that they've had better luck with Joye Tech than their Riva counterparts. Why this is after seeing this video, I'm not sure.

If this is true, and Riva gets its battery and switch circuit from Joye, I'd guess that they are getting "factory seconds" off the assembly line from Joye at a slightly lower cost, then charging there own prices, as allowed by the market. I've never owned a Riva but I've heard a lot of feedback saying they aren't as good as a real eGo. But I also had one eGo battery last WAY over twice as long as another eGo battery, while in rotational use. Some are good some are not so good I guess.