Starbucks Vaping Ban?

I just read over at Vapeatron that one of their members was approached at Starbucks and told he couldn't vape anymore due to a company-wide ban on e-cigs.

Have any of you Starbucks regulars experienced this?

(I don't hang out there, just grab a cup on the go sometimes.)

This is a sad turn if true.

I don't hold any illusion that there's enough of us to pressure a mega-chain into changing corporate policy, but if true, I for one will be writing a well worded letter to their corp office explaining the difference between smoke and vapor, why I choose to vape, why I don't want to sit with smokers, and why I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Hopefully this was just an isolated incident by a lone employee/location, and not a sign of darker things.

Chime in with your Starbucks vaping experiences.

From a member on another forum. While I go to Starbucks every so often I've never vaped inside. Anyone else ran into issues vaping at Starbucks?

From a member on another forum. While I go to Starbucks every so often I've never vaped inside. Anyone else ran into issues vaping at Starbucks?

I find that funny because I belong to a couple "Open Carry" groups which have meetups at Starbucks all over the Country. So they'll allow us to bring our Firearms on our waist with full mags on our belts but I can't puff Tutti Fruity Water Vapor. LOL

I was at Starbucks today, I have been a frequent there for several years and know most of the employees. A friend of mine and I were sitting in the lobby area and vaping and the shift manager just looked over at us and said those boys with their toys, laughed and walked away.

Edited by TrustinHIM

I was at Starbucks today, I have been a frequent there for several years and know most of the employees. A friend of mine and I were sitting in the lobby area and vaping and the shift manager just looked over at us and said those boys with their toys, laughed and walked away.

Nice :) Starbucks tends to be pretty lax when it comes to new trends. I wonder if the no vape rule stated above was perhaps a franchise owner worried about the appearance of his or her store.

I've never had a problem vaping anywhere, including StarBucks. And I can't live without Starbuck's Mocha Coconut Frappincinos, though they're hella expensive. ;)

Meh I used to love Starbucks. I still purchase their coffee from time to time but they've really gone down hill over the years. Their standard house coffee tastes like it's been sitting in a pot all day. No better than old burnt coffee at a shell station.

Call me crazy, but I think 7-11 has better coffee these days than Starbucks.

well i banned starbucks the day they opened for there high prices... so yeah

it's only a buck fifty for a tall coffee, thats all I need personally, and plus it's good to support starbucks those "high"prices you pay make it possible for Starbucks to offer the employees full medical benefits. Not bad for shlepping coffee......