What To Buy Next?

cheryli

So I read in a previous thread that for direct dripping using my eGo to go with the LR atomizer. What the difference with that and the mega I see in the store?

If I get the regular lr atomizer are there cartridges for that or should I just go with a tank system? Typically I just direct drip with my atomizer but I see that some are using cartridges (do they leak) or the tank system and are happy.

Will my cone fit over a regular or mega atomizer? Do I need a drip tip for either...looks so.

If I want to try the tank system, do I need a special atomizer? Do I buy the tank cartridges separately? Should I just go ahead and get a tank kit?

Should I just stick with the lr cartomizers I have been using with success? (Boge)

Too many questions?

-C

lol, many questions indeed. as someone who has just bought all of this stuff, i think i can help.

"So I read in a previous thread that for direct dripping using my eGo to go with the LR atomizer. What the difference with that and the mega I see in the store?"

the mega atomizers are just bigger, they're the same diameter as your ego battery, instead of skinny like the 510 attys that came with it, and they come in standard resistance and low resistance, i got the low resistance ones, because lr is frickin awesome!

"If I get the regular lr atomizer are there cartridges for that or should I just go with a tank system?"

there are cartridges for the skinny 510 attys, and the mega attys in both cone and cylinder styles. however, carts aren't very good, you're better off using your atomizers for direct dripping, and a tank system or cartomizers for when you can't drip.

"Typically I just direct drip with my atomizer but I see that some are using cartridges (do they leak) or the tank system and are happy."

i haven't had any leaking issues with cartridges, but direct dripping is way better. the tank system hasn't leaked very much for me. if you can direct drip, do, i prefer it to everything else.

"Will my cone fit over a regular or mega atomizer? Do I need a drip tip for either...looks so."

your cone will fit over the 510 style atomizers, not the megas, as they's the same diameter as the big end of the cone. you need a drip tip for any atomizer you want to drip with (at a buck apiece, get one for 510, one for ego cone, and one for ego cylinder and be prepared for everything)

"If I want to try the tank system, do I need a special atomizer?"

yes, you need an eGo-T atomizer (the -T is for tank) and yes, it will work with your regular eGo

"Do I buy the tank cartridges separately?"

yes, look for eGo-T tank cartridges, they're usually blue, translucent and all plastic.

"Should I just go ahead and get a tank kit?"

you could, you'll have to weigh your options, the tank kit is easier to clean and refill than cartomizers

"Should I just stick with the lr cartomizers I have been using with success?"

IMO, cartomizers are great if you're sticking with one particular liquid, if you're trying a bunch of different liquids, they're a huge pain to clean all the time. if you fill them with the same liquid over and over, you only really have to clean them once they start producing less vapor and throat hit. tanks and cartomizers are both great options for when you can't drip, i've tried them both and can't really decide on which is best.

hope this helps

Jon

Thanks Jon.

If I buy a tank lr atomizer, then I need to get cartridges...are the cartridges the mouth piece too? Does that make sense? I mean like the cartomizer one doesn't need a tip.

-C

Oh yeah...and how does one refill the tank cartridges? Do I need a syringe?

Edited by cheryli

Thanks Jon.

If I buy a tank lr atomizer, then I need to get cartridges...are the cartridges the mouth piece too? Does that make sense? I mean like the cartomizer one doesn't need a tip.

-C

Oh yeah...and how does one refill the tank cartridges? Do I need a syringe?

the cartridges are indeed the mouthpiece too, so all you need is the atomizer and cartridge, and you're set. as for refilling them, i suppose you could use a syringe, but i wouldn't bother, just one more thing to clean. i just pop off the bottom with a pick tool (a small screwdriver would probably work too) and drip until the tank is full, put the end back on, put in the atomizer. do a youtube search for ego tank refill and you'll find some good video guides.

Jon

You don't have to keep buying different stuff ,if what you have is working for you .Keep it simple.

But there are so many cool things! :-) I have saved so little on the money side but so much on the analog side! The money savings will be there. I'm just in newbie heaven! Thanks for the simple and good advice.

-C

But there are so many cool things! :-) I have saved so little on the money side but so much on the analog side! The money savings will be there. I'm just in newbie heaven! Thanks for the simple and good advice.

-C

Thats my problem, and its been 2 years. how do I know something else isn't better until I try it.......

I always end up back to dripping with my LR's, but If I don't try new things, I might miss something. :innocent: