Still A Newbie With More Than 5 Posts

gemr

Wasn't sure where to go with these questions. I saw a video of someone adding liquid to a Fifty-One Duo by pulling the plastic tip from the mouthpiece. What do you all think of that?

I just got a Joye510 manual and have it charging through a wall charger. It seems the light is always green? Shouldn't it start out red?

I'm enjoying the forum very much. :) TIA

If the 51 duo is a cartomizer (i think it is.). Yes, you can refill it that way. I refill cartos for about 2 days before cleaning them. Sounds like your 510 is ready! Let us know what you think!

[quote name='kitsune' timestamp='13028o

The Fifty-One Duo looks like it has some kind of paper rolled up in it, not the fiber the Joye510 has.

I think I'm going to love the Joye510! My kit only came with low cartridges, which doesn't give me quite enough hit, and high, which gives me a headache. I think I'm going to need medium. And I'm anxious to get the PCC so I can feel a little more secure in knowing I'll have a charged battery when I need one.

I'm not interested in getting into the flavors, but will be looking for a nice tobacco flavor, and possibly a menthol for a bit of 'hit'. I'm thinking of doing cartomizers with liquids to 'top off'. How does that sound to you experienced?

[quote name='kitsune' timestamp='13028o

The Fifty-One Duo looks like it has some kind of paper rolled up in it, not the fiber the Joye510 has.

I think I'm going to love the Joye510! My kit only came with low cartridges, which doesn't give me quite enough hit, and high, which gives me a headache. I think I'm going to need medium. And I'm anxious to get the PCC so I can feel a little more secure in knowing I'll have a charged battery when I need one.

I'm not interested in getting into the flavors, but will be looking for a nice tobacco flavor, and possibly a menthol for a bit of 'hit'. I'm thinking of doing cartomizers with liquids to 'top off'. How does that sound to you experienced?

First, welcome to VT! :)

I'd guess you're right about the nicotine level (low/high), I use 18mg liquid which is sort of medium. However, some liquids/flavors give different amount of throat hit (TH) even if the nicotine is the same. Also the "base" (PG or VG) makes a difference, VG= more vapor, PG=more TH and flavor. You'll probably do well to order some "samples" from various places and try different ones until you hit pay dirt. Most people vape about 2-4ml per day, so once you find a good one, order more of that accordingly.

I use cartomizers and top off or refill as needed. They have the additional advantage that when you replace one, you have a fresh new atomizer too. I find it cheaper that way, instead of buy separate atomizers and carts. Plus the atomizers hold more liquid so they tend to last longer.

Just as an aside, its common for your tastes to change as you go longer and longer without regular cigarettes, so don't completely rule out the flavors, both sweet and fruity.

Good luck to you and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good and helpful folks hanging around here.

ame='gemr' timestamp='1302911152' post='107159']

First, welcome to VT! :)

I'd guess you're right about the nicotine level (low/high), I use 18mg liquid which is sort of medium. However, some liquids/flavors give different amount of throat hit (TH) even if the nicotine is the same. Also the "base" (PG or VG) makes a difference, VG= more vapor, PG=more TH and flavor. You'll probably do well to order some "samples" from various places and try different ones until you hit pay dirt. Most people vape about 2-4ml per day, so once you find a good one, order more of that accordingly.

I use cartomizers and top off or refill as needed. They have the additional advantage that when you replace one, you have a fresh new atomizer too. I find it cheaper that way, instead of buy separate atomizers and carts. Plus the atomizers hold more liquid so they tend to last longer.

Just as an aside, its common for your tastes to change as you go longer and longer without regular cigarettes, so don't completely rule out the flavors, both sweet and fruity.

Good luck to you and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good and helpful folks hanging around here.

Thanks for the welcome. I found Vapor Kings to have what I was looking for. I ordered a pkg of filled cartomizers (Tobacco at 11 mg), a small bottle of Tobacco juice and a small bottle of Saylem juice for just s drop of 'hit'. Anxious to get it and hope it does the trick.

Edited by Brian

If I were to use menthol I would have to just put a drop i with Dekang CML for a more realistic flavor.

What's CML and where do I get it? I've ordered some Saylem from Vapor Kings, but in case it doesn't do it, I'll have another one to try. Thank you.

Just a reminder... tobacco flavors are hard to replicate since vaping isn't actually burning something like smoking an analog is. There are tobacco juices out there... and some of them do a pretty decent job of recreating the real thing. I have heard several people say that Bobas Bounty from Alien Visions is good... then turn around and hear the next guy hate it. Taste is very subjective you will find out... what you like, the next person despised it.

Also, this is a SOLID tobacco flavor as well... with it's many loyal fans: #1 TOBACCO JUICE! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE