Nicotine Comparison

gemr

Have you found the nicotine levels in real cigs comparable to the nicotine in the e cigs? I had been smoking Dural Ultra lights before I quit and I have 12 mgs in the carts I'm buying. Seems too smooth and no throat 'hit'. What about ones that use low, med, and high as measurements? I'd like to get an occasional 'hit' from the e cig rather than a continuous nicotine flow. :)

After two years I still don't know what a throat hit is.Vaping is not smoking ,just find a flavor you like and a nic level as low as you can stand without getting the heebie jeebies.Higher voltages or lower resistance atties/cartos will make for a hotter harsher vape,trying to inhale straight to your lungs from an ecig will definitly be felt .

yes, ok. I'm only imagining what a throat 'hit' is, and I guess I probably won't get it from vaping. Thanks.

Sorry I posted in the wrong spot. I've never posted on a forum; I'll try to do better. :)

Have you found the nicotine levels in real cigs comparable to the nicotine in the e cigs? I had been smoking Dural Ultra lights before I quit and I have 12 mgs in the carts I'm buying. Seems too smooth and no throat 'hit'. What about ones that use low, med, and high as measurements? I'd like to get an occasional 'hit' from the e cig rather than a continuous nicotine flow. :)

I've found that the throat hit (that sensation you get in the back of your throat when you inhale smoke) is hardly noticable at 12mg. I can really feel it at 18mg, and 24 is almost too much. If your battery is capable of handling it, you could also try Low Resistance (LR) atomizers or cartomizers. They tend to give a warmer vape and more flavor, but do require more from your battery. I know the standard cigarette style batteries can NOT use them, but the eGO/Riva type (650 mAH) batteries can.

Low, med and high aren't consistent from one vendor to another, but usually "high" is 18mg (at least it has been for me)

I also find that juices based on PG rather than VG deliver more TH.

Edited by ancientpuffer

Do you fill your own carts or get them prefilled?? my ideal throat hit is at 18mg, occasionally 24 mg. 2nd question--which model e-cig are you using?? The type of atomizer or cartomizer can make a difference.

If you don't want to go higher on your nicotine level you can always try adding a few drops of menthol (flavoring or liquid) to your liquids (if you are filling your own). adds a bit of cool throat hit without tasting like menthol.

yes, ok. I'm only imagining what a throat 'hit' is, and I guess I probably won't get it from vaping. Thanks.

Sorry I posted in the wrong spot. I've never posted on a forum; I'll try to do better. :)

Yes you can get a throat hit from vaping, for me it's the key ingredient to vaping.

no worries about posting in the wrong spot...The Mods keep us all in the right spot. We all post in the wrong spot now and again.

Prior to finding vaping I had never even read a forum let alone posted on one.

Do you fill your own carts or get them prefilled?? my ideal throat hit is at 18mg, occasionally 24 mg. 2nd question--which model e-cig are you using?? The type of atomizer or cartomizer can make a difference.

If you don't want to go higher on your nicotine level you can always try adding a few drops of menthol (flavoring or liquid) to your liquids (if you are filling your own). adds a bit of cool throat hit without tasting like menthol.

I've purchased a Fifty-One Duo and have 12 mg carts with that. The Joye510 is my latest and I've just begun experimenting. As of now, I've done the 8 hour charge, 30 min of use, and additional hour of charge in the wall battery, and am finally trying it out. (I've got a second battery charging for the full time now.) I've got a 'high' level prefilled cart in the one I'm using. Only a faint hint, don't really feel any nicotine, but I don't want to get addicted again, either. May have to bypass the throat hit, but I might try a menthol cart. Thanks.

Yes you can get a throat hit from vaping, for me it's the key ingredient to vaping.

no worries about posting in the wrong spot...The Mods keep us all in the right spot. We all post in the wrong spot now and again.

Prior to finding vaping I had never even read a forum let alone posted on one.

Thank you. I've never been involved with a forum before this, either. I'm looking for the throat hit, too. You know the feeling, when geez, I could use a cig. A deep puff or two I think would satisfy me. Hope I'm not kidding myself.

Edited by Brian

Its been a very long time since I used the prefilled carts, but as I recall, they really didn't cut it. You really should look at buy liquid so you can fill your own carts or cartomizers. Personally, I prefer direct dripping. My link.

Its been a very long time since I used the prefilled carts, but as I recall, they really didn't cut it. You really should look at buy liquid so you can fill your own carts or cartomizers. Personally, I prefer direct dripping. My link.

Yes, I've seen this video, and many others. I've been spending way too much time with this. Vaping could get to be a full-time job. lol

What if I were to purchase a few cartomizers and a bottle of liquid. After I used up the prefilled carts, I could refill or add a couple of drops to the fiber. I'd maybe get a medium reg tobacco flavor and a menthol. Could I fill with regular and just add a drop of the menthol for 'hit'? What are your thoughts? TIA

Sounds like a good plan to me !!!

Yes, Vaping really can become a fill time job--at least in the beginning. as you sort through the various options and methods and figure out what works best for you, Things begin to settle down a bit (leaves more time for the forumwhistle.gif).

You can also use a smaller dropper bottle (if you have one), add your tobacco flavor and start by adding a few drops of menthol--filling the cartomizer. If you feel like you need more menthol you can add more to the mix.

In most cases, a little goes a very long way.

sounds like you are getting the hang of thingsthumbsup.gif

Okay! If that sounds good to you, I must be getting the hang of it. *g*

I'm really looking for the occasional 'hit'. If I remember that's what you said you go for. May I ask what mg you use? Where's your fav place to buy supplies?

personally I stick with 18mg-- I have played with various strength, but I always end up back to 18mg, it seems to be my sweet spot. For me anyway, vaping has simply replaced smoking--I really enjoy the ritual and don't worry as much about the nicotine--I just add it to one of my list of vices--coffee, junk food, skittles......

I do a lot of my own mixing, but the VT store has 3 of my favorites--Midnight, Macchiato and apple dapple.

I also use Word up--My link I like the cappuccino and champagne--They have a great range of liquids.

Freedom smoke usa My link. They also have some great flavors.

I kinda alternate between suppliers. They each have liquids I like and work for me. When I started, I would get 10ml bottles until I was able to figure out what I really liked.

After two years I still don't know what a throat hit is.Vaping is not smoking ,just find a flavor you like and a nic level as low as you can stand without getting the heebie jeebies.Higher voltages or lower resistance atties/cartos will make for a hotter harsher vape,trying to inhale straight to your lungs from an ecig will definitly be felt .

vape some 0mg nicotine juice and then some say 18mg eliquid right after. Then you will see what throat hit is. It will work better if the liquid is the same flavor.