Led Storm Tank 4Ml

Morfeeus

I just got my two 4ml Storm Tanks in today and wanted to share a review with my fellow vapers here at VT. These are handmade tank mods made by Cloudbust from ECF(formerly known as Storminyte). These used to be for sale over at CloudsOfVapor before Bruce went strictly to the MAP tank. They origanally were not offered with the optional LED that they are offered with now I believe. These operate off the XL CE2 cartomizers(outside cut off just like the MAP tank) and the tank portion is made from a cut off plastic syringe. For those unfamilliar with the CE2, it is a 510 connection. The CE2 cartos come in 2.5, 2.8, and 3.2 OHM models. LED lights come in 5 different colors: red, blue, pink, orange, and green. There are 2 models. The 4ml Storm Tank(XL CE2) and 2ml Mini Storm Tank(CE2) although the LED light option is only available in the 4ml version.

Now, for my thoughts. I do like these tank mods very much so far. I ordered the 2.5ohm version and am using these on the 650Mah eGo batteries(3.7 volt of course). They are easy to fill. The mouthpiece just pulls off and will pull the gasket off with it. You then can just use your joose bottle with dripper to fill these. It does take a little tinkering with when replacing the mouthpiece/gasket to get it to fit over the ceramic cup properly. These tank mods use the mouthpiece from the CE2 cartos and are not compatable with drip tips. These mouthpieces are much smaller than the 510 drip tips I normally use and do take some getting used to.

So far, I have not really encountered any leaking issues. The only issue I have had is a very small amount of liquid will be drawn thru the mouthpiece and will congregate at the opening of the mouthpiece. I have found that a slight blow into the mouthpiece before hitting will pretty much eliminate this. Otherwise, I have had no other leaks and no gurgeling(which I do get from my MAP tank if tank is tipped too much or inverted upside down)

Flavor and vapor production are awesome. The CE2's are known for producing great vapor and flavor and these tanks are no different. I have been mostly using my eGo-T's lately and definately notice a stronger flavor from these tanks.

Pricing for these tanks are more than affordable. The 4ml tank goes for $13 and the 2ml version goes for $12. You can add a LED in a color of your choice for an additional $4(only available in the 4ml version). Replacement cartos are in stock and available for $4 each or a sample pack of all three OHM's for $10. Stormy is still in the process of getting her website online so if you want to order one now before the site goes live, you can email her at: sales@stormysvaporcellar.com. You will want to use the following template for ordering:

Item ordered:

Ohm:

LED color (only for Storm tanks 4ml):

Quantity:

Total due:

For the record, I pay for all the products I recieve and review and am not compensated in any way so I will always be giving my completely unbiased review.

The first pic below is my green LED tank. The second pic is my blue LED tank which looks alot like the green LED in the pic but is completely blue in real life and the third pic is of the Storm tank compared to the MAP tank.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed my review and I wish everyone Happy Vaping!!

Great review Morfees. Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Boy, I bet thats quite a light show in the dark. I don't guess stealth vaping would be an option. Unless you can turn the light off!!! LOL When replacing the CE 2 in the 4ml lighted tank, is the light a separate item, or do you have to replace it with a CE 2 that has the light attached?

Great review Morfees. Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Boy, I bet thats quite a light show in the dark. I don't guess stealth vaping would be an option. Unless you can turn the light off!!! LOL When replacing the CE 2 in the 4ml lighted tank, is the light a separate item, or do you have to replace it with a CE 2 that has the light attached?

Good question Sharon. I am a tinkerer so first thing I had to do was take the tank apart and figure that out. The LED(and transistor) is attached to the stem of the CE2 by a very thin metal wire. I did take the LED off and back on but did not take off the transistor. So, I do think taking it off and attaching it to the new carto can be done but may be more trouble than its worth. I did post a message on her thread asking if the replacements could be ordered with the LED attached but I think it may have been overlooked because she did answer other questions in my post but not that one. I am going to message her again to see. Even without the light, these tanks are pretty nice considering the price point. You can almost get 5 of these tanks(no LED)for the cost of 2 MAP tanks. BTW I do believe these are the exact same CE2's that are in the MAP tank so if you have a MAP tank and need a replacement carto but can never catch them in stock over at CoV, you can get them from her. They do not come with the lil cup cap that the MAP tank requires so make sure you save the old one from your MAP tank to use with the new CE2.

Good question Sharon. I am a tinkerer so first thing I had to do was take the tank apart and figure that out. The LED(and transistor) is attached to the stem of the CE2 by a very thin metal wire. I did take the LED off and back on but did not take off the transistor. So, I do think taking it off and attaching it to the new carto can be done but may be more trouble than its worth. I did post a message on her thread asking if the replacements could be ordered with the LED attached but I think it may have been overlooked because she did answer other questions in my post but not that one. I am going to message her again to see. Even without the light, these tanks are pretty nice considering the price point. You can almost get 5 of these tanks(no LED)for the cost of 2 MAP tanks. BTW I do believe these are the exact same CE2's that are in the MAP tank so if you have a MAP tank and need a replacement carto but can never catch them in stock over at CoV, you can get them from her. They do not come with the lil cup cap that the MAP tank requires so make sure you save the old one from your MAP tank to use with the new CE2.

Thanks Morfees. I am so glad your a tinkerer!!! I went to her website and its down for maintenance at the moment, I'll check back later. As far as the little rubber cap over the atty, I keep loosing them down the drain. wallbash.gif I emailed COV asking if I can buy just the rubber cap. Bruce emailed me back that he is sending me a few, but that they are in short supply. Maybe I'm not the only one washing them down the drain!!!! LOL

Thanks Morfees. I am so glad your a tinkerer!!! I went to her website and its down for maintenance at the moment, I'll check back later. As far as the little rubber cap over the atty, I keep loosing them down the drain. wallbash.gif I emailed COV asking if I can buy just the rubber cap. Bruce emailed me back that he is sending me a few, but that they are in short supply. Maybe I'm not the only one washing them down the drain!!!! LOL

Lol. Yea, she hasn't launched her site yet. It's still in the set up phase. In my OP, I posted her email addy for ordering until her site goes live. Thats how I did it.

The replacement CE2's from Stormy are the exact same replacement CE2's needed for the MAP tank except they dont come with the cap needed for the MAP tank. I just replaced the fading 2.8ohm in my first MAP tank with one of the replacements that I got from Stormy and it's working perfectly. You just need to make sure to save the cap from the original CE2 in the MAP tank to use on the replacement.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines