Leaking Cartridge?

Blakeab84

I'm having a bit of trouble with my cartridge leaking. Is this supposed to happen? My friend that also has the Riva 510, his doesn't leak like mine.

It seems as if I've just gotten a bad order. I've had my Riva 510 now for two days with many problems. My atomizer died, and everytime I screw the cone back onto my e-cig, it cuts into the cartridge. I think maybe they sent me a bent cone or something?

Do you think if I call Liberty-Flights, they would replace the parts I am having trouble with?

I would absolutely contact them and explain the issues you've had. Not sure what their warranty is, but they will most likely replace anything you're having issues with. They should replace the dead atty also. They have an excellent reputation.

I'm having trouble seeing how the cone can cut into the cart?

Edited by Brian

I would definitely contact them, most of the vendors are very good about replacing things that are not working. You may want to pick up some cartomizers, they hold more juice and are much easier to deal with than cartridges. :thumbsup:

I would absolutely contact them and explain the issues you've had. Not sure what their warranty is, but they will most likely replace anything you're having issues with. They should replace the dead atty also. They have an excellent reputation.

I'm having trouble seeing how the cone can cut into the cart?

Alright, I'll be sure to call them Monday morning and see if they can replace the parts I'm having issues with. Thanks for the response.

As for the cone, I will take a picture in a bit and show you exactly what it's doing.

are you using cartomizers?

No, I'm using what came with the Riva 510 kit. It came with like 10 cartridges and 2 atomizers.

I would definitely contact them, most of the vendors are very good about replacing things that are not working. You may want to pick up some cartomizers, they hold more juice and are much easier to deal with than cartridges. :thumbsup:

Yes, I've been told by a friend that cartomizers would be better. I'll do that then, thank you.

Notice the cone tight up against the cartridge.

IyVJm.jpg

Notice the gap between the cone and the cartridge on one side.

4duOT.jpg

Notice the cartridge is being cut into from the cone.

v8t7C.jpg

Notice around the hole, the liquid leaking.

reM6F.jpg

Edited by Blakeab84

I would definitely contact vendor about this. YOu can vape without the cone, it is a much easier draw, shoot them an email or call them. Let us know how it comes out. If you order cartomizers, electronixstic are awesome, you can go with LR if you want to, it is a warmer vape than the regulars, but either will work on the riva. :thumbsup:

Blake, you aced with your pictures!!! How did you do that????

My experiences with Liberty-Flights replacing their products has been a very positive one. They responded quickly and I had my replacement within the week.

In my limited experience with reputable e-cig vendors, I have found them to be very helpful and quick to rectify any problems. Even the ones that the issue was with me and not their product. LOL!

Good luck and let us know how it works out. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sharon

The leaking from the mouthpiece hole is from condensation and juice building up around the air vents on the sides of the carts. Once enough builds up, it gets sucked through. It helps to wipe the side of the cart clean with a paper towel or something every time you remove the cart. Also, that end piece will pop right off, and there's another one right below it that you can also pop out. Taking those our will keep you from getting juiced. I would at least take them off once in a while to clean it.

Still, with the issues you've had, notify Liberty Flights.

Blake, you aced with your pictures!!! How did you do that????

My experiences with Liberty-Flights replacing their products has been a very positive one. They responded quickly and I had my replacement within the week.

In my limited experience with reputable e-cig vendors, I have found them to be very helpful and quick to rectify any problems. Even the ones that the issue was with me and not their product. LOL!

Good luck and let us know how it works out. thumbsup.gif

Haha! Yea, those pictures were taken with my iPhone. Not bad eh? So, I've emailed liberty-flights. Hopefully they will help me out. In the mean time, I have ordered an extra atomizer and 5 pack of cartridges along with 2 more bottles of liquid.

At the moment, liberty-flights doesn't have any cartomizers in stock, so that is the reason I didn't order that.

The leaking from the mouthpiece hole is from condensation and juice building up around the air vents on the sides of the carts. Once enough builds up, it gets sucked through. It helps to wipe the side of the cart clean with a paper towel or something every time you remove the cart. Also, that end piece will pop right off, and there's another one right below it that you can also pop out. Taking those our will keep you from getting juiced. I would at least take them off once in a while to clean it.

Still, with the issues you've had, notify Liberty Flights.

Alright, I'll be sure to clean it up to see if that fixes my problem. Thank you for the advice. :)

the top of the cone looks messed up.

Yes, I believe it is. Something is def. not right about it, I would say...

Guys, I honestly can't believe I've now been without a cig for TWO DAYS! OMG! This is honestly amazing and I've just so excited and stunned that I'm actually quitting once and for all.

These e-cigs are literally life savers!

Guys, I honestly can't believe I've now been without a cig for TWO DAYS! OMG! This is honestly amazing and I've just so excited and stunned that I'm actually quitting once and for all.

These e-cigs are literally life savers!

That's great, epically with all the equipment issues you've had. Glad you took it in stride. :thumbsup: Once you get some good atomizers you'll be set. :)

Congratulations Blake, you are on the road to a great experience. Vaping has saved my life I am sure of that. I have been vaping for almost 6 months. I did have a mini break-down about three days in and had a cigarette and yuk, three draws and I thought I was going to throw up. Can't believe I smoked those things for 48 years. I'm a little obsessive regarding my vaping but anyway that's okay by me. Since your regular vendor is out of cartos (if I read correctly) you might want to try Vaporkings. 10 boxes of cartos for 50.00. Pretty good deal I'd say. Good luck with your attys and good luck with the cartos if you decide to try them.

Congratulations Blake, you are on the road to a great experience. Vaping has saved my life I am sure of that. I have been vaping for almost 6 months. I did have a mini break-down about three days in and had a cigarette and yuk, three draws and I thought I was going to throw up. Can't believe I smoked those things for 48 years. I'm a little obsessive regarding my vaping but anyway that's okay by me. Since your regular vendor is out of cartos (if I read correctly) you might want to try Vaporkings. 10 boxes of cartos for 50.00. Pretty good deal I'd say. Good luck with your attys and good luck with the cartos if you decide to try them.

Thanks a lot. I love the support and awesome responses! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. 48 years of smoking must have been hell on you, however it is really nice to hear that you were looking for a way out of your self destruction. I've emailed liberty-flights and still no word from them. Hopefully them email me back today, if not I'll call them. 3 days of being smoke free now, which is amazing. I can actually breathe soo deep. As you can tell, I'm pretty damn excited.

5 Days and counting! Great job! Have you heard back from Liberty yet. I find that emails generally take a day or two to be returned, but a phone call will get you immediate satisfaction. I had the Riva kit and 13 days after purchase both batteries just died! (Luckily I had a friend with a spare battery) I called them up and two replacements were in the mail that day and when they arrived they had a pre-paid return postage label. Now that's service!!

Well, I finally found out why my E-Cig keeps leaking. I was pulling to hard to try and get more vapor. lol

Long smooth pulls has fixed the issue.

Exactly! Long gentle draws are how its done. Takes a little getting used to but once you do it becomes completely natural.

5 Days and counting! Great job! Have you heard back from Liberty yet. I find that emails generally take a day or two to be returned, but a phone call will get you immediate satisfaction. I had the Riva kit and 13 days after purchase both batteries just died! (Luckily I had a friend with a spare battery) I called them up and two replacements were in the mail that day and when they arrived they had a pre-paid return postage label. Now that's service!!

Yes, now 9 days! w00t! Thing is now, I'm starting to not like vaping from all my bad experiences. It's such a hassle with these damn cartidges. Like the cartridges ruin the whole e-cig. It goes bad, it leaks, it starts tasting bad when even brand new and filled. I don't know whats wrong with these damn things. I've went through about 15 of them so far.

Exactly! Long gentle draws are how its done. Takes a little getting used to but once you do it becomes completely natural.

Yea, I thought that helped, but it's still leaking, not as much, but still leaking.