Having Trouble Figuring This All Out...

ElSeed

I recently bought an eGo and I have some empty carts and juice on the way. The 5 carts that came with the eGo are really... weak. I get hardly any vapor from them, I am guessing that is because they are just freebie trial carts and I hope to have better luck filling my own, they should be here on Monday.

I also want to try a cartomizer and a drip-tip.

With the drip-tip I am trying to figure out which ones fit the eGo. I mainly see ones that say they fit a 510 or something other than the eGo, I don't see one that specifically says that it fits the eGo.

With the cartomizer, it appears that the one made by Joye for the eGo is out of stock wherever I go. I found one that will fit the 510 and the eGo but it does not appear to have a mouthpiece on it... What do I use as a mouthpiece?

I actually found the lack of instructions that came with the eGo to be really amazing. Aside from a couple of warnings about the battery and charger, there was not a single word of written material that came with it. I know that I have this place to come to and figure things out, but would it kill them to throw in an instruction booklet?

Anyway... I can live with that. I am sure I will figure everything out and learn to love it but they might lose some converts this way. For a lot of people, it's just easier to smoke.

Welcome to the forum. You want to get the drip tip that fits on the 510 atomizer. The ego uses a 510 atomizer. I suggest using the Boge (silver threads) cartomizers over the Joye (gold threads). Direct dripping on the atomizer is much better than trying to use the cartridges. The cartridges do not do a very good job at wicking the liquid to the atomizer. The cartomizers will be a really good replacement to the cartridges.

Congrats on your eGo purchase, I love mine =)

You are correct in your guess that you'll have better luck with filling your own carts. The prepackaged ones are pretty lame... They get the job of breaking in your atty done though.

As BirdDog said the eGo uses a 510 fitting so anything that says it fits the 510 should work just fine with your eGo.

I also 2nd BirdDog on using cartomizers over carts, way more bang for your buck. With a cartomizer you don't need a mouthpiece like with a cart, as a cartomizer is a cart and atomizer in one. On the eGo a cartomizer makes it a little bit shorter so there will be less sticking out of the end of your cone piece.

As far as the lack of instructions go, keep in mind that e-cigarettes are almost exclusively manufactured overseas and they aren't really a huge mainstream item yet, so perhaps there is less confusion without the misleading broken in translation instructions that would most likely be included.

Thanks! That was a lot of help... I still have a question about the cartomizers that are for sale. The eGo ones that were for sale seem to have disappeared, they are not in stock anywhere that I can find. The 510 cartomizers do not seem to have a tip in the pics I have seen.. What am I missing here?

i think vt is out but go to vapor kings they have great service and good prices .cartos have a soft flat top that can be removed or left on to fill there is a utube clip that will show how to do it .it is really helpful . peace

Edited by lovie

Cartomizers are a one piece atomizer. There's no cart. However, you can pop the cap off and put a drip tip on it if you want.

In general, carts don't work well. If you haven't seen it yet, here's a couple of vids on direct dripping:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7996-what-is-direct-dripping-how-do-i-direct-drip/

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7308-how-to-direct-drip/

Here's a couple more places to get the Boge LR cartomizers:

Electronicstix

VaporKings

Welcome to VT. this is all confusing at the beginning. did you check out the newbie section on the forum, or alternatively Utube is filled with info on ecigs. Electronixstix has some great cartomizers, the boge one are the best in my opinion, you can get regular or LR for your ego.

Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Looks like you have some good answers.

The reason we start hanging out on the forum is the lack of instructions with the e-cig kits. many of us learn as we go. feel free to ask, we love to share our experiences.

Most of us stay on the forum because we fall in love with the community.

Got my juice today. I have been dripping using an empty cart as a mouthpiece.. This is pretty awesome.. Love the Dulcis and Macchiato, nice big hits... I can totally get into this.

Just having trouble adjusting to a new routine. I still feel that need to put on my jacket and step outside for a smoke. It has only been a few hours, and I only stepped out once, so I think I can get over it eventually but any advice would be appreciated...

The cartomizers should be here in a day or two, I think I will only use them on the road and drip at home. Do you encounter any kind of resistance to vaping in smoke-free areas?

Thanks again for all of your help. :thumbsup:

Got my juice today. I have been dripping using an empty cart as a mouthpiece.. This is pretty awesome.. Love the Dulcis and Macchiato, nice big hits... I can totally get into this.

Just having trouble adjusting to a new routine. I still feel that need to put on my jacket and step outside for a smoke. It has only been a few hours, and I only stepped out once, so I think I can get over it eventually but any advice would be appreciated...

The cartomizers should be here in a day or two, I think I will only use them on the road and drip at home. Do you encounter any kind of resistance to vaping in smoke-free areas?

Thanks again for all of your help. :thumbsup:

It's so easy to totally get into when you have great liquids... and you have two of my favorites working. A+ :)

When I first started, I kept to my same rituals of going outside. It really helped with the transition. Then it got cold and I stopped going outside, but sure as heck didn't stop vaping. It became my new ritual place of habit. You'll get there.

I, personally, haven't encountered any resistance about vaping in smoke-free areas, but I don't do it that often. The one bar my colleagues and I frequent sells disposables, so I use it there. Haven't really been anywhere else long enough to want to try it out. Others are much more open, you could say, about having it out and using it all the time.

Keep on vapin' on! You're doing great!

Just relax and get the hang of vaping. You will find you will develop a new vaping routine and it will replace the smoking routine. old habits sometimes die hard--but given a chance, die they will.

If you need a smoke, smoke. Eventually, you will prefer vaping and the habit will shift.

Glad you are enjoying your new liquids.

relax, vape and enjoy

welcome to the forum. The eGo is a great device. I got 510lr attys at Vaporkings for about 5.00 a piece. The cartomizers were on sale I believe and you could ask them but I think there is a bulk price also for the cartomizers. I use all kinds of attys but don't use the cartomizers much. You can get a drip tip from Vaporkings also. You can use the tip on your cartomizers. I think that this was all said above but good luck with your vaping.

If you need a smoke, smoke. Eventually, you will prefer vaping and the habit will shift.

That is what I have been doing and I am noticing that trend already, and it has only been 2 days. I smoked 3 cigs today and normally would be at 13-15 by now... and 6 of those that I skipped were those scheduled, same time and place every day smokes that are so hard to resist, you all know what I am talking about.

It's so easy to totally get into when you have great liquids... and you have two of my favorites working. A+ :)

I am really liking Sweet Dawn right now. Kind of nondescript but very pleasant.

Its funny how vaping just starts to take overthumbsup.gif The scheduled smokes were the hardest( only in terms of habit). very occasionally, I will reach for a nonexistent pack of smokes--30 years of programming is tough to break.