Raised My Nic Level

I guess I didn't realize how much nicotine would be needed to satisfy my want for it. In the morning I'd been going through two full, new cartomizers on my 25-30 minute drive to work. This past Thursday, the only good liquids I had left were some 16mg ones from VT. So I loaded up four cartos and drove off to work. And used only one! Over the course of the weekend, I don't think I've gone through nearly as much liquid as I have been in the past when I vaped 12 or 10 or 9 or 6. When I smoked, which was over six months ago now, I smoked American Spirit "lights" (the yellow box). I guess I got more nic from them than I thought I did at only half a pack a day. I didn't realize how much a difference 16 or 18 would make over 12 or 10. Amazing. So, I guess the point of my post is, if you've been chain vaping at 6 to 12mg, try a higher nicotine level.... within reason, though, folks, don't be dangerous!

Your so right about this! I recently tried to step down to 6 mgs. I get so cranky it's unreal. I had this same problem when I stepped down to 12 and it was tough but I made the adjustment, but I decided I'm not ready to live that hell again so back up to 12 I go. I can do the 6 mgs for a couple hours a day but not all day, stepping down full time is going to have to be a process cause I just become a beotch half the day and cry baby the other half if I don't get the nic I need.

I guess I didn't realize how much nicotine would be needed to satisfy my want for it. In the morning I'd been going through two full, new cartomizers on my 25-30 minute drive to work. This past Thursday, the only good liquids I had left were some 16mg ones from VT. So I loaded up four cartos and drove off to work. And used only one! Over the course of the weekend, I don't think I've gone through nearly as much liquid as I have been in the past when I vaped 12 or 10 or 9 or 6. When I smoked, which was over six months ago now, I smoked American Spirit "lights" (the yellow box). I guess I got more nic from them than I thought I did at only half a pack a day. I didn't realize how much a difference 16 or 18 would make over 12 or 10. Amazing. So, I guess the point of my post is, if you've been chain vaping at 6 to 12mg, try a higher nicotine level.... within reason, though, folks, don't be dangerous!

Aimee, do what feels good. And, it's all good.

You're sweet, Gary

I really do think the nicotine in the liquids are metabolized much different than in cigarettes. the amount of nicotine that works for us in liquid isn't necessarily consistent with what we smoked. There are so many chemicals in cigarettes to enhance nicotine metabolism. The liquids don't have all those other chemicals.

It all boils down to what works. honestly I don't worry much about the nicotine intake from liquid. If I were wearing the patch and chewing gum (yes, usually both), I would be taking in more nicotine than I do with vaping.

I Lowered my nic level after one week and chain vaped for about 2 and a half weeks. Now i'm fine and the chain vaping has stopped (except at night):). A higher nic level definitely decreases my usage a lot but my ultimate goal is 0 nic so i just keep lowering until i am used to it and then lower it a little more. I have gone from 24 to 10 so far. If you don't care about getting down to 0 then i wouldn't try to lower it. It will only increase your cost.

I really do think the nicotine in the liquids are metabolized much different than in cigarettes. the amount of nicotine that works for us in liquid isn't necessarily consistent with what we smoked. There are so many chemicals in cigarettes to enhance nicotine metabolism. The liquids don't have all those other chemicals.

It all boils down to what works. honestly I don't worry much about the nicotine intake from liquid. If I were wearing the patch and chewing gum (yes, usually both), I would be taking in more nicotine than I do with vaping.

Well said. I agree totally, I had tried to drop my nic also...I'm back to 24 mg now, still down from 36. People are always asking me when I'm going to quit vaping. I tell them never, I'm a lifer and I'm ok with it. I'm so much healthier than I ever was before.

Vape on People!

Aimee, do what feels good. And, it's all good.

You're sweet, Gary

Vaping does feel good. And almost everything else is good, too. Thanks, Gary, you're a breath of fresh air!

Your so right about this! I recently tried to step down to 6 mgs. I get so cranky it's unreal. I had this same problem when I stepped down to 12 and it was tough but I made the adjustment, but I decided I'm not ready to live that hell again so back up to 12 I go. I can do the 6 mgs for a couple hours a day but not all day, stepping down full time is going to have to be a process cause I just become a beotch half the day and cry baby the other half if I don't get the nic I need.

I don't think I ever got the beotch bug (I'd ask my students, but I really don't want to know the answer!) so I'm thankful for that. As Gary said, do what feels good. And, it's all good!

Ruh roh! I have gone from 24 down to 12 and was just thinking about going lower. I got some 24 and made myself nic-cick so I was thinking it was time.

Try some 16 or 18 as a step between. But if 12's working, :thumbsup:

Nic-cick (nic-sick?) is no fun!

Ah, the wise words of kisune. This makes me feel much better about my discovery. And as Erika says, it will only increase my costs if I continue on with chain vaping at the mid low (12, 11, 10, 9) level.

Well said. I agree totally, I had tried to drop my nic also...I'm back to 24 mg now, still down from 36. People are always asking me when I'm going to quit vaping. I tell them never, I'm a lifer and I'm ok with it. I'm so much healthier than I ever was before.

Vape on People!

I'm not the only one, then. But, wow, 36! I'm not planning on stopping vaping either.

I tried to go down to 18mg, but I only lasted with that for a couple of days. I got irritable at the least little thing, so when I went back up to 24mg and am a happy camper.

It's amazing to me how that change makes it so different. You keep being a happy camper!

And, johns, yeah, that's why! Vape on!

Edited by AimeeG