Today Is The Day :(

We are taking Gracie in soon. She went downhill fast. I can barely function. This is so hard and yet i know it's the right thing. God help us get through this. I just want it to be over

It's all over. She was barely breathing this morning. The kids all said their good byes and cried. Mom came and took the kids to her house to play. My ex and i took her to the vet at 10:30 this morning. She enjoyed the car ride and we walked her all around outside. Once we took her in, it only took about 1 minute to weigh her and get the meds ready. He didn't even finish the injection before she was gone. Then we spent 3 hours digging through clay and now i am totally exhausted emotionally and physically. I am thankful we had those few more days with her and glad she is all better now. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about this Erika. I know how hard it is to loose a "family member". I have lost a few and it isn't easy. I will pray for joy to replace sorry. The time you had with her is the memories you need to carry now.

Oh Erika I'm so sorry. That's one of the hardest things in life to do but you did out of your love for her. She was one of the fortunate ones who lived in a home filled with love, her life was good and she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. My thoughts are with you sweetie. Hugs.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. Feeling a little better about the whole thing. We still miss her like crazy but she isn't hurting any more. I have been picking up my other dog from the ex every day so she can play with our 1 yr old puppy. She is definitely lonely and needy right now. Hopefully we have a very very long time before we have to go through this again.