Vape Virgin

RaStA

Hi, I recently had a heart attack (I'm only 41) and decided to quit smoking. I bought a couple of 510's from http://www.electroniccigarette.uk.com/ and after a month I haven't gone back to the dreaded tree. I was thinking about ordering a better ecig to give more vapor and have better battery life as I'm really not getting as much out of the 510 as I should be, im using a 26mg tobabbo juice and was worried about the amount of nicotine I'm taking in and if it will affect my heart condition at all? as I'm in the UK would ordering off Vaportalk incur any taxes for me? do the charging kits come with a UK/EU plug or adaptor?

I love vaping and have become addicted to it! but I'm thinking it's gotta be better for me than smoking is. I just want to make sure I'm not damaging my heart anymore than it is?

Welcome !!!

Usually the next step is the ego. much longer battery time with vaping. works with the 510 atomizers and/or cartomizers. Currently the newest thing is the Ego-T/Tank system. has a reservoir for the liquid that holds about a ml of liquid. Mine is currently in the mail, so I can't give personal testimony.

You can check out Liberty-Flights My link. They do have a UK based site. I have always had great service and products from them. They were one of the first companies I used when I started vaping and still order from them is the US.

Without all the other harmful chemicals provided by cigarettes--nicotine is not as harmful to the heart by itself. That being said--it is still constricts the vessels and does affect the circulatory system--especially after a hear attack. but the medical professionals would rather you use nicotine replacement instead of smoking. you may want to look at weaning the nicotine down or even alternate with the 26mg. I really find anywhere between 12 and 18mg works good for me. I smoked pack and 1/2 per day for 30 years.

Welcome to Vapor Talk!! The eGo would be a perfect device for you. Liberty-Flights has 20% off right now, so if you go there to order, be sure to click on the 20% button in the upper left hand corner to get the discount - it's a really great deal.

Welcome to vapor talk. Congratulations on quitting that dreadful habit of smoking. Sorry about the heart attack but it was a wake-up call, and you listened. I had a stroke due to my high blood pressure and I sort of cut down but did not quit then I started smoking more and more and low and behold I had another stroke. Still not listening to my wake-up call. Then my daughter said, "Mom, we would like to have you around to see our kids grow up, so, that was my wake-up call. She is the one who told me about the e-cigarette and then I saw it on Dave Letterman's show that Katherine Heigel was on. I thought, I can do that. I ordered a nasty tasting e-cigarette and I said this might work, then I stumbled on this forum. I found out that there were better e-cigs out there and better juice. I started with a 510 and the battery life wasn't enough and I had ordered 4 batteries. I then thought, I will try the eGo and when I did, I said not only can I do it but look at me go. I haven't smoked an analog in over 4 months and don't even want one. When I get stressed I just go and vape my little head off and that gets me through the stressful moments.

My blood pressure now is at a normal reading, I don't have to take blood pressure medications. I vape at 24mg on my eGo and that is good for me right now. Hoping to lower the nic sometime in the near future.

Good luck on your journey, vaping is far better than smoking. Hope you don't have any more trouble with your health.

Hi, I recently had a heart attack (I'm only 41) and decided to quit smoking. I bought a couple of 510's from http://www.electroniccigarette.uk.com/ and after a month I haven't gone back to the dreaded tree. I was thinking about ordering a better ecig to give more vapor and have better battery life as I'm really not getting as much out of the 510 as I should be, im using a 26mg tobabbo juice and was worried about the amount of nicotine I'm taking in and if it will affect my heart condition at all? as I'm in the UK would ordering off Vaportalk incur any taxes for me? do the charging kits come with a UK/EU plug or adaptor?

I love vaping and have become addicted to it! but I'm thinking it's gotta be better for me than smoking is. I just want to make sure I'm not damaging my heart anymore than it is?

Legally we cannot give you medical advice but I strongly suggest that you speak with your doctor about vaping. First off, congratulations for trying to stop smoking, but remember vaping isn't meant to help you quit instead it's an alternative to smoking. There are a few things you should know about Nicotine.

Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system. Whether you smoke a cigarette, vape or absorb nicotine from a patch, your body responds by releasing a hormone called epinephrine (adrenaline). Its effects range from increased energy and awareness to high blood pressure, a rise in heart rate, and nervousness.

A the same time, high blood pressure by itself, or accompanied by nervous jitters and a fast heart rate, can be a sign of nicotine withdrawal. So an increase in your blood pressure could also mean you are not getting enough nicotine.

You can see that either way, you risk elevating your blood pressure. So it's important that you speak with your doctor first before you continue vaping.

As for Taxes on imports that depends on each countries import tax laws. I do believe you are taxed on electronic cigarette products into the United Kingdom regardless of it's source.

• 3 years later...

Squeezing Ball To Reduce Blood Pressure Gemfibrozil No Prescription Drug Class And Mechanism . Side Effects Tolterodine Tablets Caribou Coffee Allergy Information Oxycodone Pharmacy Prices Metformin Off Label Uses Pathophysiology Diabetes Mellitus Ii Me Blood Pressure Is 140 Over 90 Septic Arthritis Elbow Hip . Pink Ribbon I Hate Cancer Ankylosing Spondylitis No Prescription Buy How Does Contrast Media Affect Diabetes Oxycodone Benefits Pain. Diabetes In Children Nutrition Precipitated Calcium Carbonate India Oyster Shell 1 Acai Berry Diet And Exercise Bupropion Lexapro Difference Comparison .

Cymbalta 60 Peripheral Neuropathy Living With B Milk Allergy Skin Care Acai Berry Pregnancy Safe Blood Pressure Meds Ace Inhibitors Bontril Negative Side Effects lesson plans about chocolate Low Blood Pressure And Eating Disorders Anorexia Big Weight Loss Cures

My sister also survived a heart attack in her 40's, so, congrats on that, alone. More congrats on stopping the stinkies. Back in those days, all nicotine stop-smoking aides were Rx-only on this side of the pond. Her doctor wanted her to quit, but, after she tried & tried & was unable, he wrote a scrip for gum. Shortly after, the gum and patches went OTC. She never quite quit the nicotine, but she stopped smoking, and was much better off for it.

I'd say, try talking to your doctor. He might be more on-board than you'd think. You can always work toward reducing your nicotine level.