Sweetener

Elayna

High folks!

ok.... I have noticed that with some of the flavorings I have, they are not real sweet. I thought mixing them with the VG would be enough, but it's not. In my meanderings around my kitchen thinking of sweeteners, I ran across some powdered Stevia, and thot ok, mix some of this with some vodka, and then chck and see if it will do. Made an oz, using the measuring spoon of a pinch, ond then filling the bottle with vodka. Tastes prety good and NO taste of vodka. Right now I have not yet added any to my recipes already made up... I had to toss 3 batches (chocolate, choco/hazelnut and hazelnut) into one because it had gotten contaminated by some wierd tasting oil. Gonna wait til they seperate and then drain off the uncontaminated part. (it's close to 8ozs that got yucked) Back to the Stevia, anyone else tried using it? Thought I would ask this time before I go goofing up another batch.

Moved to DIY.

I've never used Stevia. You can buy sweetner flavoring. I like to use Cotton Candy flavoring. Some use Marsh Mallow. I've tried the Marsh Mallow and the Sweetner, but prefer Cotton Candy.

You can get Ethyl Maltol crystals, but the Perfumers' Apprentice Cotton Candy is Ethyl Maltol.

Thanks for the move, I totally forgot the DIY section. I figured using the vodka would avoid any hassles with the atomizers, but since i use cartos it's a moot point, since if one gets gummed up I can pop in a new one. I guess, as with many things, ya just gotta try it, if it works, great, if not, not too much used up. Keep on vapin on, it's an adventure!

:thumbsup:

PS. Just added 5 drops of my Stevia sweetener to my 1 oz bottle I have on my passthrough, tastes great! Check it out, it may work for you too..... I think you can get Stevia powder at like a Hi Health store.

Edited by Elayna

ok, after some searching online (since i too love a sweet vape) i have found that at least one juice supplier does in fact add a few drops of stevia to e liquids on request for additional sweetener... so how is that working out for you?

Working well so far!.. the crappy thing is all of my 510's are either broken or on their way back to the vendors for replacement. All I have is my 510 passthru and have a xl clearomizer in it, but the juices were made with just a small tidbit of the stevia sweetener. One is a hazelnut and the other is a chocolate hazelnut, both of them yummy to me. My Crown 7's carto's are straight Marlboro type taste. Haven't monkeyed much with them.