I Am New And Have A Question From The Seasoned Users

Dartkitten

It really depends how much you vape, I have a 750mah battery and it lasts me about 4 hours give or take depending what I am doing. There is NO way I would get anything near 10-12 hours. BUT I was a VERY heavy smoker and now I vape constantly. It really depends how much you vape. My husband could probably get 10-12 hours on it but he only smoked 1/2 pack of smokes a day. Have you considered getting a good passthrough? If you are either near a computer most of the time you can use it on your computer in the USB port OR you can buy an electric adapter, which personally I love, you can use it on an electric adapter. I bought mine from vaporkings.com for $10....and my PT is an automatic one (didn't know that when I ordered) but it was only $10 free shipping from alvinecigs.com. Be warned though that PTs tend to blow out fast unless you buy the box type that people like Jolly make....but they look NOTHING like a cig at all, and you do have to push a button to use them. HOWEVER, the power is way more and it is nice that you can vape away and not charge anything. For $10 I would buy a few of them. Of course there is a cord at the end of it, to go into the usb port or adapter, BUT other than that it looks and feels just like an auto battery. Took me about 10 minutes to get used to the cord, but it is so much stronger with the outlet/wall adapter. I love it. So perhaps this is something you might like at least while batteries are charging and when you are just at home or whatever. Just a thought.

Hi welcome to the forum :)

No the parts are not interchangeable. But you are correct the eGo as MUCH longer battery life. Most people get around 10-12 hours or so on a standard battery, even longer on a mega battery :)

So I'm hearing how great the battery life is with the ego's, is this the main reason people prefer them or is the atty also better performance than standard 510's?

Also, as a noob, I have three models I'm trying: 510 manual, DSE901 and 801 manual. Could I use ego batteries on any of these? Do I need adaptors for all? Also, since I have no idea about battery volts/mah's and all that, can I potentially harm my batteries when using adaptors? I currently have adaptors to swap my current atty's to the batts I have now.

Thanks for the help!

ps. Considering the models I have now, would an Ego really be that much better performing and worth buying?

Vapor Talk has one battery for the Revolution e-cig. I keep hearing about the Ego battery having 1000 hours, lasting all day. Is the Ego interchangeable with the Revolution e-cig? Please help me. Thank you.

Welcome to Vapor Talk.

The eGo battery does last all day for some people, but not for all. It depends on how much you vape. I get 6 to 8 hours out of a new battery, but that sure is a lot better than the one half to one hour I got from a regular batter.

So I'm hearing how great the battery life is with the ego's, is this the main reason people prefer them or is the atty also better performance than standard 510's?

Also, as a noob, I have three models I'm trying: 510 manual, DSE901 and 801 manual. Could I use ego batteries on any of these? Do I need adaptors for all? Also, since I have no idea about battery volts/mah's and all that, can I potentially harm my batteries when using adaptors? I currently have adaptors to swap my current atty's to the batts I have now.

Thanks for the help!

ps. Considering the models I have now, would an Ego really be that much better performing and worth buying?

You probably won't notice much difference in performance, mostly just battery life. The eGo has a 510 connection, but you can use the 901 and 801 with an adapter. You shouldn't have any issues with using the adapters (unless it's a faulty adapter).

Thanks for the help!

Yes, that's the main reason for the eGo battery. Super battery life! The atty is the same standard 510, unless you get the LR attys...which are wonderful in my opinion.

I started out with the 801, 901, and then the 510. The only way you could use the eGo batteries with any of those attys is with an adaptor. You'd need one adapter for each of those attys. The adaptors won't harm the batteries. I've used several different adapters on several different batteries with no problems at all.

I wondered the same thing about the eGo before I finally broke down and bought one (just over a year ago now). My answer would be YES! It is worth it. I went from charging a battery every half hour to not having to charge a battery for over 6 hours. It made a big difference for me. I still use my eGo and love it.

You probably won't notice much difference in performance, mostly just battery life. The eGo has a 510 connection, but you can use the 901 and 801 with an adapter. You shouldn't have any issues with using the adapters (unless it's a faulty adapter).

Hey, thanks Brian. You've been SO helpful. I think I may try this ;)

Yes, that's the main reason for the eGo battery. Super battery life! The atty is the same standard 510, unless you get the LR attys...which are wonderful in my opinion.

I started out with the 801, 901, and then the 510. The only way you could use the eGo batteries with any of those attys is with an adaptor. You'd need one adapter for each of those attys. The adaptors won't harm the batteries. I've used several different adapters on several different batteries with no problems at all.

I wondered the same thing about the eGo before I finally broke down and bought one (just over a year ago now). My answer would be YES! It is worth it. I went from charging a battery every half hour to not having to charge a battery for over 6 hours. It made a big difference for me. I still use my eGo and love it.

Hi Nana! Thanks for your info. You all have been SO helpful and have saved me much time here!

So, I currently have 4 regular 510 atty's... Does this mean I can just buy eGo batteries and use my atty's on them instead of having to buy a full eGo kit?

Also, what is the "cone" on the eGo unit? That looks very different than my standard 510 atty. The eGo looks bigger overall when compared to my 510, so if the atty is the same, what's the size difference?

Also, if I buy eGo batteries can I charge them using the Joye 510 charger that came with my kit or do I need an adaptor?

Regarding the LR atty's... What is the rule with using them, have seen some warnings about the right volts to use them on. Could I use a LR atty on any of my standard manual 510, 801 or 901 batteries? What actually is LR? Does this mean that the draw is easier? If so, yeah, I would see how that could be preferred. I swear sometimes to get a decent draw I'm turning into a mad vaper... would be cool to not have to drag so hard to get a decent hit! I've noticed this problem especially when using standard 510 cartos I just started using. Boy do you have to drag and drag to get a good vape! My Mother was listening to me the other day and she said it sounded like I was using an inhaler... kinda embarassing! Do LR cartos offer the same effect as LR atty's. Are they worth trying.

Hey, sorry to bombard you with questions but you are so helpful and I am trying to learn (and deal with some annoying issues) as much as I can.

Do you know or use the new ceramic cartos that I've been seeing on vendors sites lately? I really would love to find a carto that lasts longer and performs better than the reg 510 ones I'm using now. I love that I ended the dreaded seeping cartridge issue and longer lasting vape for on-the-go, but overall, the cartos still don't go the distance that I thought they would!

Cheers and thank you so much for all your help. I swear, a week ago I was very close to going back to analog because of all the problems (and expense) I've been going through in my new vape experience. It's getting better, but I'm still not "there" yet! lol

PLP

Hey, thanks Brian. You've been SO helpful. I think I may try this ;)

Another benefit of the bigger battery is that you can use a Low Resistance atty (if you're looking for something more). :) It's not recommended that you use LR attys on the smaller batteries.

If you're seriously considering the eGo battery, you may want to check out the eGo PT.

eGo PT

Hi Nana! Thanks for your info. You all have been SO helpful and have saved me much time here!

So, I currently have 4 regular 510 atty's... Does this mean I can just buy eGo batteries and use my atty's on them instead of having to buy a full eGo kit?

Also, what is the "cone" on the eGo unit? That looks very different than my standard 510 atty. The eGo looks bigger overall when compared to my 510, so if the atty is the same, what's the size difference?

Also, if I buy eGo batteries can I charge them using the Joye 510 charger that came with my kit or do I need an adaptor?

Regarding the LR atty's... What is the rule with using them, have seen some warnings about the right volts to use them on. Could I use a LR atty on any of my standard manual 510, 801 or 901 batteries? What actually is LR? Does this mean that the draw is easier? If so, yeah, I would see how that could be preferred. I swear sometimes to get a decent draw I'm turning into a mad vaper... would be cool to not have to drag so hard to get a decent hit! I've noticed this problem especially when using standard 510 cartos I just started using. Boy do you have to drag and drag to get a good vape! My Mother was listening to me the other day and she said it sounded like I was using an inhaler... kinda embarassing! Do LR cartos offer the same effect as LR atty's. Are they worth trying.

Hey, sorry to bombard you with questions but you are so helpful and I am trying to learn (and deal with some annoying issues) as much as I can.

Do you know or use the new ceramic cartos that I've been seeing on vendors sites lately? I really would love to find a carto that lasts longer and performs better than the reg 510 ones I'm using now. I love that I ended the dreaded seeping cartridge issue and longer lasting vape for on-the-go, but overall, the cartos still don't go the distance that I thought they would!

Cheers and thank you so much for all your help. I swear, a week ago I was very close to going back to analog because of all the problems (and expense) I've been going through in my new vape experience. It's getting better, but I'm still not "there" yet! lol

PLP

Yes, you could just buy the eGo batteries and not have to buy the full kit. That's how I started with the eGo. I bought a couple of batteries, and adapter for using my charger (yes, you will need one or you can buy an eGo charger) and a cone. The cone goes over the top of the atty. It makes the whole thing look better. Some people don't like using the cone, but I love it. The overall size of the battery is bigger than the regular 510 battery, but it's still not all that big. I can still hide the whole unit in my hand...if that gives you any idea on size.

You cannot use a LR atty on the regular batteries. You need to have something like the eGo for those. The LR stands for low resistance. You don't have to work so hard to get a good hit with them. They vapor they produce is amazing. Really. Well worth it to me. The LR cartos are the same. I'm not crazy about cartos, but it sounds like most everyone else really likes them. I will say however, they are much, much better than the regular cartos. At least as far as vapor production. They just don't last long enough to satisfy me. I don't know anything about the ceramic cartos. Hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. We're here to answer them for you.

Don't give up. It may take you awhile, but I'm sure you'll find just the right combo of things you need to make vaping work for you. What kept me satisfied the most was the eGo with LR attys. Even though I've used other devices off and on over the last year, the eGo has been my go to device. It's been just perfect for me. I went through a lot of different devices before getting here though. Just hang in there. We'll help all we can.

Yes, you could just buy the eGo batteries and not have to buy the full kit. That's how I started with the eGo. I bought a couple of batteries, and adapter for using my charger (yes, you will need one or you can buy an eGo charger) and a cone. The cone goes over the top of the atty. It makes the whole thing look better. Some people don't like using the cone, but I love it. The overall size of the battery is bigger than the regular 510 battery, but it's still not all that big. I can still hide the whole unit in my hand...if that gives you any idea on size.

You cannot use a LR atty on the regular batteries. You need to have something like the eGo for those. The LR stands for low resistance. You don't have to work so hard to get a good hit with them. They vapor they produce is amazing. Really. Well worth it to me. The LR cartos are the same. I'm not crazy about cartos, but it sounds like most everyone else really likes them. I will say however, they are much, much better than the regular cartos. At least as far as vapor production. They just don't last long enough to satisfy me. I don't know anything about the ceramic cartos. Hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. We're here to answer them for you.

Don't give up. It may take you awhile, but I'm sure you'll find just the right combo of things you need to make vaping work for you. What kept me satisfied the most was the eGo with LR attys. Even though I've used other devices off and on over the last year, the eGo has been my go to device. It's been just perfect for me. I went through a lot of different devices before getting here though. Just hang in there. We'll help all we can.

Hey, Thanks again Nana!

I was just about to buy a kit but then realized that I could do what you did, just buy a few batteries and attys (considering getting one T-atty and one Monster Atty for eGo) and a charger adaptor.

Which eGo atty's do you use? Also I see with the two atty's I'm considering you have to use special carts with each, the Tank's and the Monster one's. Have you tried either one? I like the fact that the Monster one's hold 80 drops or over 2ml of liquid. Sounds much better than the 510 cartos I'm using now at least.

You mentioned you did not like cartos, so I assume you drip with your eGo? Been hearing a lot of experienced vapers ending up using this method w/the eGo as their vape of choice!

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to making the switch to ego soon. Doing a lot of price comparisons at the moment and so far wordupecig looks to be the best value/quality products. I bought my 901 from them.

Edited by BirdDog

Forgot to ask, if anyone knows...

Once a battery has been fully charged, what is it's "standby" time? Do they hold their ready charge ok or do you need to use them asap.

Also, if I leave my batteries in their chargers overnight (or forget they are in them like I do often), can that harm the battery?

Considering the 1000mah eGo battery at almost $30 I want to make sure I take care of it!

I only use a LR 510 atty on my eGo. I've never tried the tank, but did get a couple of the mega attys to try. I don't care for them. For me, it's just back to the beginning of using a cartridge with filler and that never worked well for me. The filler holds quite a bit of juice to begin with, but you can never use it all. I feel like I end up filling the cartridge as much as I would drip anyway. I much prefer using a drip tip and dripping.

Right now, Liberty Flights has a great deal on eGo kits. You get a full kit with two full eGos for $40. - with their 20% off promotion that's going on. You'd probably be better off doing that than buying things piece by piece right now. Here's a link: http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=40

The batteries hold charges for a long time. I've never actually timed it, but I've had charged batteries sit around for weeks and they still have a good charge when I use them. You don't harm the battery by leaving it in the charger. Once it's fully charged, the charging process stops. I've often left batteries charging overnight. But...it isn't a good idea to do it either. Not that it will harm the battery, but it's best to keep an eye on the chargers. You just never know what could happen. I've seen stories of people have problems with the chargers themselves and you don't want to take any chances of a fire, so it's safer not to leave a charger plugged in overnight. But there are people who do forget...like me...LOL