The Vp1...monster

Vaprlifes website has been updated with the newer look.

All VP1's and VP2's come stock with a DSE801 battery fitting with an adjustable air flow system.

We then have adapters:

DSE801 to DSE901 adapters

DSE801 to 510 adapters

These adapters can use the air flow system with a hole drilled in the side of the adapter

***I would be interested if people would just rather have us at Vaprlife drilled the hole

If the adapter has a hole in the side, you just raise the set screw to get the stock

510 or 901 amount of air flow.

Let me know ?

As a side note:

People are doubting that we have protected 10440 batteries, but we do!!!!!.

We have been working on it for a few months now, and we will have them in stock next week.

Thanks again for the support

The thing is The U.S. is not hungry to work, but today with China you ask and they will leap to make anything you ask for.

That's where we lost it.

For an example, I was looking for a part and emailed about 3 U.S. companies and 1 in China. I corresponded with the Chinese

Manufacturer, ordered, and received parts from China, before the 3 U.S. Manufacturers even responded to my email?

We lost how to fast track manufacturing, and our Corporate structures is so imperial that we just drop like flies. (IE. GM)

in today's competitive climate.

The customer asked for protected batteries for the VP1, and we did what it takes to satisfy the customer, that is what should be

important.

The new VP1 is designed, manufactured, and machined in the U.S. Of course some items are from China because they are not

available in the States.

Hi,

VP1's will now be shipped with protected batteries

because of the slight increase in length to the batteries, a new

body was designed. There will be updated photos next week.

Thanks to everyone for there kind words and support.

Jeso

Wow!! I do love my VP1-901 but I am a little bummed that if i had waited a very short time I could have ordered with a protected battery. There wasn't anything on the site that indicated this or I would have waited just a little longer. Just seems as though it would be safer than what i have. Oh Wellblush.gifsad.gif

It is sort of funny how my other hobby (RC Flight) has similarities to Vaping. I fly all electric planes and we use Lithium Polymer packs in those. Very similar (but not the same) as the packs used in E-cigs. A few things to note that I haven't seen mentioned here.

The lithium packs we use in RC (Lipo for short) have 3 ratings we look at.

1. Voltage

2. mAh

3. C -rating

Voltage is voltage as has been talked about already. But in the RC world the voltage of the pack is determined by the number of cells used. 3.7 volts is the standing voltage of a single lipo cell. 7.2 would obviously be the voltage on a pack with 2 cells in parallel. The mAH value does determine the time the pack will maintain a charge, but it will also determine the amount of amps it can produce. The higher the mAH the more amps the pack can deliver, which in turn determines how much power the addy can receive. I have no idea how many amps a typical addy will draw, but having higher mAH will allow the addy to receive more. The C-rating also plays into this. Here is an example to help explain C rating, but I don't know how much it will ever be used for E-cigs.

1C for a lipo battery that has a rating of 1000 mAh = 1 amp. 1C for a lipo that is rated at 1500mAh =1.5 amps. The packs we use in RC can have C ratings as high as 40! So the 1000mAH pack with a rating of 40C could output 40AMPS!!! I don't think an addy needs or would handle 40 amps being delivered, but knowing how a C rating works could help you select a better quality battery. I don't know if the lithium packs that are being used in E-cigs have a C rating attached, but it would be handy if they did. Also, using a pack with a higher C rating shouldn't harm the addy, since it will only draw the amperage it needs. A higher C rating should allow the addy to heat up faster and produce more vapor more quickly, but that might be a bad thing when it comes to flavor.

In the last 3 years I have spent a lot of time learning about Lipo batteries, I will delve into the style used on E-cigs and see what I can learn about them. I am sure they are extremely similar. If they use a C rating, then there would be a big difference in the quality offered between different packs. Even if you don't need the higher amperage offered by a pack with a Higher C rating, you would be able to benefit from the lower charge times. I doubt the chargers are variable and probably have a fixed charge rate, but if a C rating exists for these packs, it would open the door for marketing better chargers with much faster charge times. Normally charging a lithium battery at a safe 1C rate will take one hour to completely recharge. Having a pack with a 5C charge rating, would cut that down to 12 minutes if you had a charger that could supply the proper current. It would be very simple to create a charger that could charge multiple batteries at the same time.

Sorry to get all geeky and verbose.

Diggs

Thanks for the info man and good timing by the way. Sort of funny Chris and I have been starting to look more and more into batteries, their ratings, and the meanings. Maybe Chris can put this post in the info area for people.