Ego W/carto Started Making A Crackling Sound

Sharon

I'm using a carto with my eGo, as I have ever since I got it last week, and today it started making a crackling noise when ever I vape. I tried changing the battery, using a different carto, and using a brand new carto, but nothing stopped it. I'm calling on the VT God's to intervene! :unworthy:

Edited by Sharon

(eGo newbie here) my 1st carto didnt crackle, the next one did, as did the 3rd, i opened the 3rd thinking something was wrong with the 2nd, now im not sure lol... so now i have 3 cartos in use, and the one that doesnt crackle tastes like crap and the other two seem to work best without the cone and with the white stopper off... i know, thats most likey not a good thing to do...

I make sure my carto IS making a crackling noise before I start vaping, otherwise it is sorta cool and I don't care for cool vapor. The crackling is just the wire in the filler heating up the liquid and it makes little bubbles that basically pop and snap against the filler. If you take the top cap off the carto and have the filler nice and soggy wet you can actually see it. It isn't boiling since it takes a lower temp for the liquid to make the bubbles, but that is sorta what I would compare it to. Just the liquid heating in the filler, that's all. No worries. Actually when that sound stops, and you put it up to your ear and is really faint, THAT is when I either change cartos OR add more liquid, because it is getting close to drying out.

I make sure my carto IS making a crackling noise before I start vaping, otherwise it is sorta cool and I don't care for cool vapor. The crackling is just the wire in the filler heating up the liquid and it makes little bubbles that basically pop and snap against the filler. If you take the top cap off the carto and have the filler nice and soggy wet you can actually see it. It isn't boiling since it takes a lower temp for the liquid to make the bubbles, but that is sorta what I would compare it to. Just the liquid heating in the filler, that's all. No worries. Actually when that sound stops, and you put it up to your ear and is really faint, THAT is when I either change cartos OR add more liquid, because it is getting close to drying out.

Thanks Juliery, You always have great advise and info. :thumbsup:

ROFL!!!!!! I love that emoticon....tooooooooo funny, you are cracking me up...or should I say crackling me up...I know, bad one, LOL

I thought it was good! :lol:

I thought it was good! :lol:

I thought it was pretty clever myself, but that is only because I am not one of those witty on the spur of the moment kind of people. I think of great comebacks and witty remarks like 3 days later, LOL

oh and when I typed that crackling remark....right after I hit add reply...I got a crack/snap so loud it scared me, LOL. Seriously, made such a loud pop noise I nearly tossed the thing. I think it is because this juice has VG in it, which is thicker thereby making a thicker and louder crack. It was funny though....well after my heart stopped pounding, LOL

I thought it was pretty clever myself, but that is only because I am not one of those witty on the spur of the moment kind of people. I think of great comebacks and witty remarks like 3 days later, LOL

Thats me too! Seriously! :thumbsup:

oh and when I typed that crackling remark....right after I hit add reply...I got a crack/snap so loud it scared me, LOL. Seriously, made such a loud pop noise I nearly tossed the thing. I think it is because this juice has VG in it, which is thicker thereby making a thicker and louder crack. It was funny though....well after my heart stopped pounding, LOL

I thought carto's couldn't take VG? :question: I think someone on VT Forum told me that. But, then sometimes my mind doesn't work that well! LOL